Author Topic: Ngawang Khedrup  (Read 4665 times)

DharmaSpace

Ngawang Khedrup
« on: August 05, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »
Ngawang Khedrup was from Drepung of which their text books was based on the peerless Panchen Sonam Drakpa. Panchen Sonam Drakpa wrote many textbooks that Gaden, Drepung and some Gelugpa Monasteries  also used for their studies.

This is interesting to note that Ngawang Khedrup mentioned that from Panchen Sonam Drakpa's mindstream arose the protector Dorje Shugden which not surprising at all. I think when studying the texts of Panchen Sonam Drakpa faith arose in him between the connection of Panchen Sonam Drakpa and 
Dorje Shugden. This is not uncommon to most of us when we read the books of great masters their message really cuts through and can move and inspire us. This is how know the quality of the author.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/enlightened-lamas-series/ngawang-khedrup-1779-1938/

Namtar of Panchen Sonam Drakpa
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/historical-masters/panchen-sonam-drakpa/

dsiluvu

Re: Ngawang Khedrup
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 09:27:04 PM »
Yes and up until today,  Panchen Sonam Drakpa's written works were collected into six volumes and constitute some of the main textbooks still used in major Gelugpa monasteries, especially by Drepung Loseling and Ganden Shartse monastic colleges.

They include works on Guhyasamaja, commentaries on Prajnaparamita, Madhyamika, Vinaya, Pramana, and Abhidharmakosha – the five major subjects of Gelug monastic curriculum, along with history and other subjects.

Now if Dorje Shugden's previous incarnation was Panchen Sonam Drakpa... wouldn't that be so strange that someone who wrote so many Dharma text that could lead one to Enlightenment become an Evil Spirit Protector?? This is down right illogical because if it is true then all of Panchen Sonam Drakpa's text should not be stidied. How can thar be?

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2012, 02:52:48 AM »
Ngawang Khedrup was from Drepung of which their text books was based on the peerless Panchen Sonam Drakpa. Panchen Sonam Drakpa wrote many textbooks that Gaden, Drepung and some Gelugpa Monasteries  also used for their studies.

This is interesting to note that Ngawang Khedrup mentioned that from Panchen Sonam Drakpa's mindstream arose the protector Dorje Shugden which not surprising at all. I think when studying the texts of Panchen Sonam Drakpa faith arose in him between the connection of Panchen Sonam Drakpa and 
Dorje Shugden. This is not uncommon to most of us when we read the books of great masters their message really cuts through and can move and inspire us. This is how know the quality of the author.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/enlightened-lamas-series/ngawang-khedrup-1779-1938/

Namtar of Panchen Sonam Drakpa
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/historical-masters/panchen-sonam-drakpa/

When one engages in study, contemplation and meditation of the Buddha's words and the commetaries from enlightened Beings such as the Great Panchen Sonam Drakpa, it is not surprising one would believe that immense faith, blessings and even make great prayers and wishes in order to fulfill the needs of others through this realization.

The immense impact this great master has over these three great monastic institutions has become so important that Panchen Sonam Drakpa's works are not only studied in Gaden Drepung and Sera but also in their affiliations abroad!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2012, 05:24:39 PM »
There is a good story about Ngawang Khedrup, that once when he was studying in Khasa, he was falsely accused of breaking his vows. Ngawang Khedrup consulted the Nechung Oracle for a solution but was told instead that only Dorje Shugden can tell between what is the truth and what isn't on this matter. So on Nechung's advice, Ngawang Khedrup consulted Dorje Shugden and the problem was resolved soon after.

Nechung has always known who Dorje Shugden really is and it was Nechung who reminded Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen(TDG) of his oath to be the Uncommon Protector, made in TDG's previous reincarnation as Duldzin Drakpa. And again in the case of Ngawang Khedrup, Nechung demonstrated trust and confidence in Dorje Shugden.

If Nechung has such faith in Dorje Shugden and HHDL has a close relationship of trust and friendship with Nechung, it doesn't add up that HHDL would have adverse views towards Dorje Shugden. HHDL has this to say about Nechung:

"Yet we are very close, friends almost. When I was small, it was touching. Nechung liked me a lot and always took great care of me. For example, if he noticed that I had dressed carelessly or improperly, he would come over and rearrange my shirt, adjust my robe and so on. Nechung has always shown respect for me"

It does make sense for Nechung who apparently likes HHDL so much to have faith in Dorje Shugden if indeed Dorje Shugden is harmful to HHDL and also to Tibet especially if Nechung, in the words of HHDL has the same responsibility to Tibet as HHDL.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2013, 04:33:41 AM »
There is a good story about Ngawang Khedrup, that once when he was studying in Khasa, he was falsely accused of breaking his vows. Ngawang Khedrup consulted the Nechung Oracle for a solution but was told instead that only Dorje Shugden can tell between what is the truth and what isn't on this matter. So on Nechung's advice, Ngawang Khedrup consulted Dorje Shugden and the problem was resolved soon after.

Nechung has always known who Dorje Shugden really is and it was Nechung who reminded Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen(TDG) of his oath to be the Uncommon Protector, made in TDG's previous reincarnation as Duldzin Drakpa. And again in the case of Ngawang Khedrup, Nechung demonstrated trust and confidence in Dorje Shugden.

If Nechung has such faith in Dorje Shugden and HHDL has a close relationship of trust and friendship with Nechung, it doesn't add up that HHDL would have adverse views towards Dorje Shugden. HHDL has this to say about Nechung:

"Yet we are very close, friends almost. When I was small, it was touching. Nechung liked me a lot and always took great care of me. For example, if he noticed that I had dressed carelessly or improperly, he would come over and rearrange my shirt, adjust my robe and so on. Nechung has always shown respect for me"

It does make sense for Nechung who apparently likes HHDL so much to have faith in Dorje Shugden if indeed Dorje Shugden is harmful to HHDL and also to Tibet especially if Nechung, in the words of HHDL has the same responsibility to Tibet as HHDL.

Amongst the anti Dorje Shugden literature, one of the most famous ones is the one where Nechung derides Dorje Shugden and declares him harmful against the Tibetan cause. This story is interesting as it completely negates that story and makes that story look like a fake. Why is it that Nechung have suddenly gone against Dorje Shudgen when he is the cause for Dorje Shugden to arise and also why does he deride him now when in the past he asked another high lama to consult Dorje Shugden instead? This is odd in so many ways and it is pretty interesting how so many 'scholars' and 'historians' and 'tibetologists' fail to see this side of this story and the long history of Dorje Shugden with the Gelugs and Sakyas. Being biased creates the cause to be stupid in the future.