Author Topic: Kyabje Ling Rinpoche broke his leg while driver died on impact in car accident  (Read 11315 times)

Namdrol

• Email
Kyabje Ling Rinpoche broke his leg while driver died on impact in a car accident

Kyabje Ling Rinpoche ‘out of danger,’ says Tibetan MP

DHARAMSHALA, November 29: A senior Tibetan religious leader, Kyabje Ling Rinpoche, who met with a car accident yesterday in south India, is reportedly out of danger.

Speaking to Phayul, a Tibetan Member of Parliament, Atruk Tseten said that the young reincarnate lama is currently hospitalised but out of danger.

“Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is under medical care at a hospital in the Indian state of Goa but as of now Rinpoche is out of danger,” Tseten, who is a member of parliament from the Gelug sect said.

Kyabje Ling Rinpoche was travelling to Goa from his monastic seat of Drepung in Mundgod Tibetan Settlement in Karnataka state to receive His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The Tibetan spiritual leader is scheduled to give a fourteen-day teachings on 18 Great Stages of the Path (Lam Rim) Commentaries, including Atisha’s Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment (jangchup lamdron), Tsongkhapa’s Great, Middling, and Concise Treatises on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment (lamrim chenmo, lamrim dringpo and lamrim dudon), and 14 other classic Lam Rim texts at Gaden Monastery and Drepung Monastery from November 30 to December 13.

His Eminence the 7th Ling Rinpoche is the main organiser of the teachings.

When asked, Tseten expressed hope that Rinpoche will be able to join the teachings soon.

“We are hopeful that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche will join us in receiving the teachings from His Holiness the Dalai Lama very soon but we will have to follow the doctor’s advice.”

He added that the local Indian government officials provided “all help and cooperation” following the accident.

Born in Dharamshala in 1985, he was recognised as the reincarnation of the 6th Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche, the 97th Gaden Throne Holder and senior tutor of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in 1987.

According to the Jangchup Lamring Teaching’s website, H.E. the 7th Ling Rinpoche began his monastic studies at Drepung Monastery in south India at the age of 10 and has since been engaged in rigorous religious study and spiritual training. He is expected to soon receive his Geshe degree, equivalent to doctorate in philosophy, from Drepung Monastery within the next few years.

taken from: http://www.phayul.com/news/article.aspx?id=32567&article=Kyabje+Ling+Rinpoche+%e2%80%98out+of+danger%2c%e2%80%99+says+Tibetan+MP

Mana

We have also reports that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche's leg was broken in the unfortunate accident while his driver from the Monastery (a senior monk driver) died on impact. Ling Rinpoche is still in the hospital and was not able to be at the airport to receive His Holiness Dalai Lama. His Holiness Dalai Lama is flying to Goa airport (6 hours away from Ganden and Drepung Monasteries) and Ling Rinpoche was on his way to receive His Holiness. Ling Rinpoche requested these set of teachings from His Holiness to be given.

It is a strange turn of events that such an unfortunate accident occured to Ling Rinpoche while on his way to receive His Holiness.

Mana

Big Uncle

I think that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche was purifying some obstacles for the participants of the teachings. It is beautiful that His Holiness was invited to give teachings and it is very much needed at this time as the older generation of Lamas are nurturing and training the newer generation of Lamas who, some are born in India and are receiving the teachings in a different, more political climate. When such teachings are given, it is always a good time to rejoice because the teachings are lineage are perpetuated.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
I am glad to hear news that Ling Rinpoche is out of danger and I am quite certain that he was protected by Dorje Shugden from greater harm in such a terrible accident. Ling Rinpoche's previous reincarnation received his studies from Pabongkha Rinpoche who was a great champion of Dorje Shugden's practice and even composed prayers to the Protector. It wouldn't surprise me one bit to learn that Ling Rinpoche is practicing Dorje Shugden albeit quietly so as not to upset The Dalai Lama.

The Dalai Lama has said openly that His Holiness's teachers Trijang Rinpoche and Ling Rinpoche were wrong to propitiate a demon, referring to Dorje Shugden. There were also statements inferring that if one were to practice demon worshipping, then one will be reborn in the lower realms and yet it was The Dalai Lama himself who recognized the present Ling Rinpoche as the reincarnation of His Holiness's senior tutor.

Ensapa

• Email
I have heard that the current Ling Rinpoche was placed in a difficult position of being forced to swear in that he does not practice Dorje Shugden when his former life is well known to be a powerful and long time practitioner of Dorje Shugden. In order to avoid scrutiny, he was also forced to avoid old friends and acquaintances who are pro Shugden practitioners. Can anyone imagine that the previous Ganden Throne holder has to tiptoe on eggshells just because of a ban?! What would the karmic repercussion for this kind of things be?

i am really glad that Ling Rinpoche chose to remain with us, despite what CTA has put him through.

donoharm

I am very glad HH Ling rinpoche is out of the danger now.  above comments.. i just wanna let people know. HH Ling rinpoche current and past  has nothing to do with dorje shugden.  the current ling rinpoche has said nothing against dorje shugden but ling rinpoche does not practice dorje shugden at all.  But, i do know current ling rinpoche is very very close and loyal to the current Trijang chocktrul rinpoche.

dsiluvu

I am very glad HH Ling rinpoche is out of the danger now.  above comments.. i just wanna let people know. HH Ling rinpoche current and past  has nothing to do with dorje shugden.  the current ling rinpoche has said nothing against dorje shugden but ling rinpoche does not practice dorje shugden at all.  But, i do know current ling rinpoche is very very close and loyal to the current Trijang chocktrul rinpoche.

He does not say does not mean He does not practice... and like you've said it yourself... the current Ling Rinpoche is very very close and loyal to the current Trijang Rinpoche. Now if Ling RInpoche agrees with the ban and that Dorje Shugden is a demon, then why would he "associate" himself with someone who does the practice and is well known for passing DS practice after the legendary Guru of all Gurus Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche??? Too coincidental...

I am glad to know that the current Ling Rinpoche is okay but can't help to wonder what is the inauspicious reason for the accident before meeting HHDL. I am also curious to know what was the teachings lined up???

christine V

• Email
I think that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche was purifying some obstacles for the participants of the teachings. It is beautiful that His Holiness was invited to give teachings and it is very much needed at this time as the older generation of Lamas are nurturing and training the newer generation of Lamas who, some are born in India and are receiving the teachings in a different, more political climate. When such teachings are given, it is always a good time to rejoice because the teachings are lineage are perpetuated.

From what Mana have said, I realized that to be a Highly attained Lama is not easy, not only they have to be the lineage holder, to learn the Dharma' also many times i heard a Lama or Rinpoche "seem have to hurt himself" in order to purify the negative karma of the students or some audience.  They are truly compassion and wisdom. A real Boddhisattva , may Kyabje Ling Rinpoche get well soon. May the driver have swift rebirth. 

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email

From what Mana have said, I realized that to be a Highly attained Lama is not easy, not only they have to be the lineage holder, to learn the Dharma' also many times i heard a Lama or Rinpoche "seem have to hurt himself" in order to purify the negative karma of the students or some audience.  They are truly compassion and wisdom. A real Boddhisattva , may Kyabje Ling Rinpoche get well soon. May the driver have swift rebirth.

High Lamas are well known for their high intuitive sense  of compassion which renders them to be open to such absorption of negative karmas when it comes for people to receive the Dharma. When I was serving my Lama some years back, whenever Lama-la gives a Dharma talk or even do pujas, Lama-la will be down with  cold sweat, headache and for some serious cases, high fever which could never be phatom by an ordinary person. I understood later when Lama-la explained that whatever hardships or negative karma for people to receive and understand Dharma should be born by him in the form of sickness.

In this case, Kyabje Ling Rinpoche's 'accident' does not seem like an accident to me. It would be similar to the explanation as above!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

kris

It is a strange turn of events that such an unfortunate accident occured to Ling Rinpoche while on his way to receive His Holiness.

Mana

Is this bad omen/signs or Ling Rinpoche taking up the suffering of participants?

icy

DHARAMSHALA, November 29: A senior Tibetan religious leader, Kyabje Ling Rinpoche, who met with a car accident yesterday in south India, is reportedly out of danger.

Speaking to Phayul, a Tibetan Member of Parliament, Atruk Tseten said that the young reincarnate lama is currently hospitalised but out of danger.

“Kyabje Ling Rinpoche is under medical care at a hospital in the Indian state of Goa but as of now Rinpoche is out of danger,” Tseten, who is a member of parliament from the Gelug sect said.

Kyabje Ling Rinpoche was travelling to Goa from his monastic seat of Drepung in Mundgod Tibetan Settlement in Karnataka state to receive His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The Tibetan spiritual leader is scheduled to give a fourteen-day teachings on 18 Great Stages of the Path (Lam Rim) Commentaries, including Atisha’s Lamp for the Path to Enlightenment (jangchup lamdron), Tsongkhapa’s Great, Middling, and Concise Treatises on the Stages of the Path to Enlightenment (lamrim chenmo, lamrim dringpo and lamrim dudon), and 14 other classic Lam Rim texts at Gaden Monastery and Drepung Monastery from November 30 to December 13.

His Eminence the 7th Ling Rinpoche is the main organiser of the teachings.

When asked, Tseten expressed hope that Rinpoche will be able to join the teachings soon.

“We are hopeful that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche will join us in receiving the teachings from His Holiness the Dalai Lama very soon but we will have to follow the doctor’s advice.”

He added that the local Indian government officials provided “all help and cooperation” following the accident.

Born in Dharamshala in 1985, he was recognised as the reincarnation of the 6th Kyabje Yongzin Ling Rinpoche, the 97th Gaden Throne Holder and senior tutor of His Holiness the Dalai Lama in 1987.

According to the Jangchup Lamring Teaching’s website, H.E. the 7th Ling Rinpoche began his monastic studies at Drepung Monastery in south India at the age of 10 and has since been engaged in rigorous religious study and spiritual training. He is expected to soon receive his Geshe degree, equivalent to doctorate in philosophy, from Drepung Monastery within the next few years.

shugdenpromoter

• Email
We have also reports that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche's leg was broken in the unfortunate accident while his driver from the Monastery (a senior monk driver) died on impact. Ling Rinpoche is still in the hospital and was not able to be at the airport to receive His Holiness Dalai Lama. His Holiness Dalai Lama is flying to Goa airport (6 hours away from Ganden and Drepung Monasteries) and Ling Rinpoche was on his way to receive His Holiness. Ling Rinpoche requested these set of teachings from His Holiness to be given.

Mana

Hmmmm, I wonder why this was not reported in any Tibetan news about the senior monk driver being killed in the accident. 

I understand what most of you are trying to say ie purification process and etc. But I agree with Mana that it is strange that this has happened during such crucial time. Moreover, Ling Rinpoche was the main organiser for HH trip.

There are sources which has state that this incarnation of Ling Rinpoche does not practice Shugden and he does not also support either. In fact Ling Rinpoche stays away from Shugden practitioners.

Whatever it is, I do not see this as a good omen

Maybe Ling Rinpoche students should secretly consult Shugden oracle for pujas to do just like what Lama Zopa student did last year.

Dorje Pakmo

It is most unfortunate for Kyabje Ling Rinpoche to have broke his leg and to lose his driver in this accident while on his way to receive HHDL. What is important is that Ling Rinpoche is out of danger now. There cannot be a certain explanation as of WHY the accident had happen. But it sure is inauspicious especially when Ling Rinpoche is on his way to receive HHDL who is going to give a 14 days teaching at Gaden and Drepung Monastery from 30th Nov to 13 Dec.

Like many above, I can't help but feel that the accident is a form of purification of the negative Karma of those that will receive and benefit from the teachings of HHDL. For this, may those that are very fortunate to be able to listen to the Dharma teachings of HHDL to have true transformations and not be selective as to who they should be kind, loving and compassionate towards. Why listen to the Dharma and do otherwise? Look deeper already. How can Dorje Shugden harm the Buddha Chenrezig? It is those who listens to the Dharma and choose to do otherwise that truly degenerate the teachings of Lord Buddha and creates the Karma to be distance from or live without the Dharma.
DORJE PAKMO

lotus1

I am sorry to hear that Kyabje Ling Rinpoche broke his leg in this unfortunate accident while his driver die on impact. Luckily he is out of danger now. May he gets well soon and able to turn the wheel of Dharma.

If it is a purification process on this unfortunate accident, what is the cause of the huge negative karma of the students or some audience for them to listen to the teaching? Would it be the actions that they have done to ban Dorje Shugden? If it is, I do hope the students of HHDL would really reflect on what they have done to ban Dorje Shugden and be kind to all Dorje Shugden practitioners later.

On a site note, although I am sad in the lost of his driver, I am sure he will have a good rebirth as he die before his lama. It is believe that it is a good fortune to die before our lama as our lama will surely lead us to have a better rebirth so that we can learn and practice Dharma again. I hope I would have the merits to die before my lama too. 

Ensapa

• Email

Being a high lama is not easy at all. In fact it is a very difficult task. A lama does not just sit at a throne, preach nice Dharma talks, receive offerings and just tell people to do this and that, they have to plan and they have to plan for their students and build and facilitate a roadmap for their students' spiritual salvation. Nowadays, with the ban and all the unnecessary politics that we put our lamas through due to our ignorance, it is somethings a wonder why they still choose to remain with us instead of going off to another world system where it is more conducive for them to teach sentient beings.