Author Topic: Just a little teaser....hehe  (Read 12083 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Just a little teaser....hehe
« on: December 01, 2012, 03:58:06 AM »
Dear All,

I'm sure we would wanna influence our young kids into Dorje Shugden and the ds.com website is doing a very good job with the illustrated novel. I was with a couple of friends and we sat down together to do up something more cute, kawaii-ne, whatever u guys wanna call it.

It's still rather raw and we thought we'd share this with u:)

Love love love
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

DharmaDefender

Re: Just a little teaser....hehe
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2012, 09:26:49 AM »
Nice job Harry...is this the prelude to something else? Another style of comic perhaps?

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:15 PM »
This is so cute! Are you going to start a whole series of Dorje Shugden cartoons? I think this style makes Dorje Shugden approachable to kids. Harry Nephew, are you going to render the Dorje Shugden story into a cute little cartoon story?

I personally like this cartoon and I am pretty sure it will appeal to many of the kids out there and I think it is always good to start exposing kids to the Dharma from a very early age. However, I know many parents know that and many are force feeding them the Dharma, which makes for a long of teenage angst and rebellion. Hence, it is always better to inspire them with our own practice and gently introducing them to the Dharma. That usually works better especially with teenage kids.

Aurore

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 04:05:13 PM »
Harry Nephew, this is a cool illustration which will definitely appeal to the young ones! How will you be expanding on this little project of yours? I am excited to know and see new things manifesting from this!

May I suggest a simplified version of the illustrated novel using this cute rendition of Dorje Shugden. Definitely a shorter version storybook kinda thing. Wouldn't it be great if kids start on Manjushri sadhana and ends with DS as the protector? Both are the same mind stream, double the benefit as DS practice can also help to sharpen the mind and memory.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 04:15:05 PM »
Well done Harry Nephew. I can imagine stickers with this cute image of Dorje Shugden appearing everywhere such as in kids' bedrooms, schoolbags etc. Once people realize that Dorje Shugden is none other than the Buddha of Wisdom they will see Dorje Shugden as a Buddha to go to for help with their children's  performance in schools. As it is, in a lot of Asian countries, parents take their children to temples to pray for good results in exams so the culture is already there.

What a good way to introduce Dorje Shugden to the young ones early in their lives. Having the Dharma early can only benefit them and this is such a friendly way to ease children into something good and make them want Dorje Shugden. CS Lewis wrote the Narnia Chronicles as a way to introduce Christianity to his nephews and nieces.

(By the way, are the jewels that the mongoose spits out somewhere in the cartoon)?

« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:24:35 PM by vajratruth »

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 04:30:53 PM »
I have just three words "Cute, Cute, Cute!" No disrespect intended but this cute image would appeal to children and even adults. Super great effort with great artistic eye, Harry Nephew. A friend of mine adores the snow lion, me too. And I find Dorje Shugden image adorable.

Yes, printed as stickers and to be given out in creches, schools, colleges, supermarts (parents bring their kids along), bookstores....and many other places.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, 04:51:00 PM »
Harry Nephew, this is a real cute version of Dorje Shugden which is going to appeal to young children and the young at heart. You are certainly brilliant. It would really be good for children as Dorje Shugden is the Buddha of wisdom. At the same time, DS is also a protector. I would surely want to have a few stickers with this image on the cover of my notebook, computer and also the wall in my room. Thank you for coming up with this wonderful idea.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2012, 07:53:40 AM »
Oh Harry!! You are so artistic.

This is super cute .... would it be offensive if it is made into a little huggable toy?  I just wanna pinch those lovely cheeks .... ooops!!!!

HOw about making small statues out of latex that can be attached to the dashboards of cars?  It would be so nice to have Dorje Shugden with us when we travel.

Manjushri

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
This is extremely cute!! Imagine in kindies where the teacher will distribute stickers like these to kids who behave well in class!! Or.. they could be used as new t-shirt designs. Its' cute and I'm sure people would buy into it. Bring it to NKT and it'll probably sell out! And little monks can wear it to HHDL's teachings. HEHEHHE.

Thank you Harry, for this little picture which cheered my day up. Are there more to come?

Positive Change

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2012, 11:13:53 AM »
Well done Harry Nephew. I can imagine stickers with this cute image of Dorje Shugden appearing everywhere such as in kids' bedrooms, schoolbags etc. Once people realize that Dorje Shugden is none other than the Buddha of Wisdom they will see Dorje Shugden as a Buddha to go to for help with their children's  performance in schools. As it is, in a lot of Asian countries, parents take their children to temples to pray for good results in exams so the culture is already there.

What a good way to introduce Dorje Shugden to the young ones early in their lives. Having the Dharma early can only benefit them and this is such a friendly way to ease children into something good and make them want Dorje Shugden. CS Lewis wrote the Narnia Chronicles as a way to introduce Christianity to his nephews and nieces.

(By the way, are the jewels that the mongoose spits out somewhere in the cartoon)?

I agree that it is indeed a great way to introduce Dorje Shugden to children... Cute pictures make it easier to drive the point home, thus making it easier to explain the iconography of Dorje Shugden and the benefits of the practice etc, through the association of an iconic cartoon "hero" so to speak.

I recall in my childhood, there were many reference made to Disney characters to convey a point or to "lure" me into something beneficial to me... so it does work!

With regards to the mongoose, I do see a little creature on the arm of the cartoon Dorje Shugden, however it looks more like a field mouse though. Then again it is like Harry Nephew says, still in its infant stages and I am sure there will be improvements... ;)

Dorje Pakmo

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2012, 12:40:43 PM »
Dear Harry Nephew,
Thank you for sharing with us this very cute cartoon version of Dorje Shugden. You are right, with cute cartoon characters it is easier to influence kid into embracing the Dharma. With cute cartoon characters if made into comic according to the Dharma teachings I am sure the kids would love it. Much better than spending money buying and reading comics that promotes violence and ego. By reading comics that have Dharma values, kids are sure to be influence by the goodness portrayed by the characters in it.

I pray for your cartoon project to be successful and may many more, especially the kids to come to know the uncommon protector Dorje Shugden and experience the love and benefit that one can gain by diligently practising the Dharma. Do keep on with the good work of spreading the teaching of the Dharma and the practise of kind and compassionate Buddha Dorje Shugden!
DORJE PAKMO

fruven

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 02:28:25 PM »
It definitely is cute  ;D To me it is like the protector is traveling on an adventure. He has a destination and along the way met with obstacles, trials and tribulations, helping people in need wherever he goes and met some great people who became his friends and followed him on his journey. Keep up the good work!

dondrup

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:11:36 PM »
What a cute and adorable Dorje Shugden image! Not only will the kids love it, so will the adults too!  Harrynephew, you and your friends’ creation will plant seeds of enlightenment in the minds of many kids including the adults everywhere!  If you go further by coming up with a cartoon movie of this, Dorje Shugden will become a household’s name and famous!  By then, the lineage of Dorje Shugden has gone far and wide!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2012, 08:32:24 AM »
That is such a cute and adorable interpretation of Dorje Shugden! I think he wont be just popular with the kids, he will be popular with the adults as well as people these days tend to like something cute. If there is a manga version of Dorje Shugden's story (not american style comic) i am sure it will be very popular and it can even hit Japan as they have a very strong liking to manga. Perhaps a youtube video with a cute jingle to it might just go viral on the net! Really good idea for this animation! Wish to see more done soon!

dsiluvu

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
I super LIKE this!!! This is such a fabulous igneous idea!!! Definitely perfect for kids and actually even adults like me like it hehe....

Very smart of you Harry to encourage the young ones to start practicing and relying on Dorje Shugden! They are our next generation and I we need them to continue to spread Dharma and preserve our pure lineage.

Perhaps we can see some animation with this cute carton :)