Author Topic: Dorje Shugden in Bodhgaya  (Read 15593 times)

Big Uncle

Dorje Shugden in Bodhgaya
« on: January 03, 2013, 09:13:56 AM »
For New Years 2013 this year, I went on a pilgrimage to Bodhgaya, the land of Buddha's enlightenment. Just prior to flying, I had just received a whole shipment of Dorje Shugden comic books from the eShop. At the stupa, I managed to make a lot of offerings, prayers, prostrations and mantras at the Stupa. While circumambulating, I had a sudden thought.

I went back and discreetly brought the comics along with me and went on a distribution round by quietly offering the comic books to some of the pilgrims there. I even managed to capture the couple, reading the comic book right after they finished their meditation. On top of that, I managed to perform a whole Dorje Shugden puja every time I went to the Stupa. I love coming to Bodhgaya and would from time to time travel to Bodhgaya with some friends for pilgrimage.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 08:01:35 AM by Big Uncle »

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden in Bodhgaya
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 09:35:45 AM »
Big Uncle. I rejoice in your enlightened activities in Bodhgaya. To be able to go to Bodhgaya requires a lot merits and to be able to bring the Protector to others at this holiest of site will generate tremendous merits. You also did  many to do a whole Dorje Shugden puja. What a joy. I rejoice.

I hope one day soon, Dorje Shugden practitioners can openly do this puja. I doubt it can be done openly know without attracting attention. When the ban is lifted let this forum organize a trip there and we can all meet and know each other and do the puja openly and rejoice.

I am confident the day will come soon.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2013, 10:30:48 AM »
How lovely it is to see Dorje Shugden at Bodhgaya, albeit in comic form! It is very generous and kind of you to have ordered the books and freely given them away. What a great and meritorious New Year’s gift to the pilgrims there though. I am sure their lives were enriched by the story of Dorje Shugden. I hope that they will go to the URL on the comic and come and join us here on this forum. It is wonderful that you managed to perform Dorje Shugden pujas at this holy place. I hope to do the same one day! Lots of saving up to do! Thanks again for sharing.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Barzin

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2013, 04:52:50 PM »
I am sure Dorje Shugden's affinity has never left the presence of the Buddha.  I might be talking crazy, but if Dorje Shugden is evil, why would these people have the merits to receive the distribution items in such holy land?  The pilgrims travelled miles to the holy land, finding solace and performing the most powerful pure prayers and they get in touch with Dorje Shugden is something to be rejoiced about.  Dorje Shugden is everywhere now, unstoppable!!!  I also hope many of the Shugden practitioners would continuously spread the practice, because the day that the ban is lifted, it will be the biggest benefit to all to continue the noble work of the Buddha!

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2013, 07:37:42 PM »
What a double blessing for those who managed to pick up the Dorje Shugden book - to be in such a holy place as Bodhgaya, and to come across the Protector King. This is welcome news Big Uncle! It is initiatives such as yours that will bring the ban down faster by creating even more awareness of what the CTA is doing to its own people.

It is a real shame that the Sikyong Lobsang Sangay has not done much to rectify the situation for that might very well be the turning point for the Tibetans in exile to return to their homeland.

Thank you for your efforts BU.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2013, 05:58:50 AM »
It's quite incredible to have Dorje Shugden's material in Bodhgaya, because it has a lot of sincere Buddhist pilgrims who will find it very beneficial and helpful to be exposed to Dorje Shugden as they will face difficulties on their own Dharma practice and Dorje Shugden is the perfect Dharma protector for those who are just starting on their own path and journey in Buddhism. It would also plant seeds in people and make them associate Dorje Shugden with the Buddha and perhaps, they will also educate other like minded Buddhists about who Dorje Shugden really is.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2013, 02:52:57 PM »
What you did Big Uncle is very noble and kind. You are spreading the teachings and practice to those who have the affinity with Buddha in the Holiest place. I rejoice seeing the couple reading the comic book together. Sure Dharma seeds will be planted in them and will practice DS when their karma ripens. Also they will take the book back to their home country and share with their family and friends. Therefore, more people will benefit from a single book. THe ripple effect would be great. You are so lucky to be able to go to Bodhgaya from time to time for pilgrimage. I so envy you.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 05:36:33 AM »
It is a very good idea to spread Dorje Shugden in Bodhgaya, come to think of it because it would give the impression that Dorje Shugden is good in the minds of people. The minds of people can be quite easily swayed by impressions and things like these. Also, it would allow people to understand more about Dorje Shugden not just in any place but he place where the Buddha attained his enlightenment and that will have a lot of positive energy which will supplant their understanding and faith in Dorje Shugden in their minds. Perhaps one day they will even take up the practice and look through the Dalai Lama's weak excuses in his website and these people will only grow in number.

kris

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 12:29:35 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle for buying the comics from the eShop http://shop.dorjeshugden.com . This website and the many works done by the owner of this website requires a lot of funding, and supporting the eShop is one of the ways to support this website.

Also, big thanks to Big Uncle for being so considerate and distribute the comics for free. I am sure many will benefit from reading the comics. I have rad the comics online and I really love the illustration.

May more and more people know about Dorje Shugden practice and the ban be lifted very soon!!

Positive Change

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 04:37:45 PM »
Brilliant Big Uncle... goes to show, if we all did our part in helping to spread Dorje Shugden in peaceful method using the 'sword of wisdom' and NOT any form of violence... we CAN make a difference. Especially when the ban comes down (yes it will come down as I believe there is no foundation for it to stand the test of time), we will show the world, the 'war' was won in a peaceful manner and what better example of a Buddhist practitioner can we be?

By the way, I too have bought the comics and I too give them away... it is such a magnificent gift for children and adults alike!

dsiluvu

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 05:57:19 PM »
Hehehe very smart Big Uncle!!! That is so mint of you to do that, it's sneaky but good sneaky! I hope from the many people who sees this post will find creative ways to start distributing Dorje Shugden brochures and images every where around the world. Bodhghaya is indeed an awesome place to be and you know those who are there are definitely spiritual seekers and those who are open will be more then happy to receive those comics, thinking it may even be a blessings from the Buddha :) It quite exciting to see the couple reading the story of Dorje Shugden and I am sure they will start surfing our web now for more info! Good Job!

I think a part from such beautiful pilgrimages, we can also distribute them in cities with many distribution stands in and around malls, other dharma book stores, the hospitals and just about any where really. All we need to do it get creative and keep distributing ;) This is surely one way of creative awareness on Dorje Shugden! Much Rejoice Big Uncle!!!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 04:47:06 AM »
You know what would be incredible? It would be  to see Dorje Shugden's material in Ganden in Tibet as well as in Yong He Gong and Wutai Shan, in the Chinese language. That way, everyone would know that Dorje Shugden is Manjushri and Tsongkhapa and Dorje Shugden would be installed at their altar alongside with Manjushri and Tsongkhapa. And all the same, CTA cannot reach those and more and more and more people will be touched by Dorje Shugden in their lives.

Aurore

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 08:53:09 AM »
Thumbs up to Big Uncle! You are an inspiration and I hope others (including me) will be inspired to do the same.

This is how big religions we see now spread and grew. It's because of the dedication of each religion's followers determine to share what they have found useful in their lives. If everyone does their part in spreading Dorje Shugden, we can start a renaissance with Buddhism and bringing this religion a new level like never before.

Just imagine that. I'm going to do some online shopping now. Here's the link for those who are inspired to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden too --> http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/books/dorje-shugden-comic-book-english.html

thor

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 12:29:31 PM »
Excellent idea Big Uncle. While traveling to other pilgrimage sites this year, I have also seen copies of the Dorjr Shugden comic in strategic locations. Even in Kathmandu, I saw copies that had been translated into their local language. Is this your doing as well? Because if it is, you are doing a tremendous job.

Take for instance Ganchen Rinpoche, who travels the world every year, pretty much non stop. I have been told that his traveling is purposeful, as at every site, prayers and blessings are implanted into the environment. I found that very inspiring. And I had a sudden thought upon reading Big Uncle's news, that we too could do the same - plant the seeds of Dorje Shugden everywhere we go!

whitelion

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 03:53:23 PM »
Thanks Big uncle for sharing this news, it's very great that more and more people are getting direct blessing from all sort of venue. We (DS practitioner) is facing a lot of questions from arounf the world, a lot of people was influenced by the non truth stories about DS, what we can do is provide the authentic background to the public.

The DS comic is really a good tool for newbies to understand more about DS, when people have the knowledge , they will know who are telling lies. I still remember when I read this wonderful comic, it brought me a lot of new knowledge about DS lineage background.

I remember in page that explained about Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen, it stated clearly Nechung (the state protector of Tibet) appeared as a white pigeon that transformed into a young boy and requested Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen to arise as an uncommon protector to protect the Gaden lineage and Nagajuna's middle view. If the state protector of Tibet requested one of DS lineage's reincarnation lama to protector the Gaden teaching, why Nechung choose someone that will be evil later ? This story told us clearly that Dulzin Drakpa Gyeltsen can not be evil, unless the state oracle was wrong.

read more here:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/downloads/texts/first-ever-dorje-shugden-comic-book/#chapter5