Author Topic: His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche's advice on current HH Pabongka Rinpoche  (Read 10296 times)

donoharm

Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!  His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche la you are Amazing!!!!!!!!

Watch this video..  around 40mins in ..  His Holiness Trijang chocktrul Rinpoche speaks about HH Kybje Pabongka Dechen Nyingpo Rinpoche Importance  and  everyone should respect HH Kybje Pabongka dechen nyingpo and he is unmistaken reincarnation.  All our Buddhist Centers should work on inviting him and receive teaching.

Video direct source .    http://www.dorjeshugden.com/wp-content/plugins/hana-flv-player/video-player.php?f=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.dorjeshugden.com%2Fvideos%2Ftrijangr-italy2012.flv
or
link to video  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/trijang-rinpoche-confers-initiation-in-europe/
watch the video ( HH trijang chocktrul rinpoche in albagnano healing meditation center, Italy)

Mana

If you go towards the end of the video, you can hear Trijang Rinpoche giving oral transmission of Dorje Shugden's prayer as he is reading the text.

Mana

Amazing !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!!!  His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche la you are Amazing!!!!!!!!

Watch this video..  around 40mins in ..  His Holiness Trijang chocktrul Rinpoche speaks about HH Kybje Pabongka Dechen Nyingpo Rinpoche Importance  and  everyone should respect HH Kybje Pabongka dechen nyingpo and he is unmistaken reincarnation.  All our Buddhist Centers should work on inviting him and receive teaching.

Video direct source .    http://www.dorjeshugden.com/wp-content/plugins/hana-flv-player/video-player.php?f=http%3A%2F%2Fvideo.dorjeshugden.com%2Fvideos%2Ftrijangr-italy2012.flv
or
link to video  http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/trijang-rinpoche-confers-initiation-in-europe/
watch the video ( HH trijang chocktrul rinpoche in albagnano healing meditation center, Italy)

Ensapa

• Email
I really hope that Pabongkha Rinpoche will be invited by many centers that are not tainted by the dirty claws of the CTA and political students...the pure Gelug monasteries that are littered throughout the land that actually has gratitude towards our great lineage lama that is without comparison because it would be a shame and very hypocritical that a Gelugpa would never have heard of Pabongkha Rinpoche even though they receive teachings from prominent Gelugpa masters such as Lama Zopa for example but who have no idea who Pabongka Rinpoche is or deny his lineage, those are not real Gelugpas at all...

I truly hope to meet Pabongkha Rinpoche one day, of course with my Guru's blessings and permission.

Big Uncle

It's amazing! We always hear of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche but we hardly ever hear of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. I guess he was just like his previous lives - a great recluse. I had the rare honor to have met Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche a number of years ago in Nepal.

At that time, he had a ladrang in Nepal and I assume he still does but I heard that because of the Dorje Shugden ban, Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche had been struggling with finances and dwindling support. Nonetheless, it didn't move him in any way. These days, i hear that he is travelling to China often partly to receive rare teachings and lineages from the aging Denma Gongsar Rinpoche before he passed on to clear light. Anyway, it would be great that Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche go out and start teaching again just like his great predecessor. The Dharma will flourish once more in this world when that happens.                                                                                                                               

Ensapa

• Email
It's amazing! We always hear of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche but we hardly ever hear of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche. I guess he was just like his previous lives - a great recluse. I had the rare honor to have met Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche a number of years ago in Nepal.

At that time, he had a ladrang in Nepal and I assume he still does but I heard that because of the Dorje Shugden ban, Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche had been struggling with finances and dwindling support. Nonetheless, it didn't move him in any way. These days, i hear that he is travelling to China often partly to receive rare teachings and lineages from the aging Denma Gongsar Rinpoche before he passed on to clear light. Anyway, it would be great that Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche go out and start teaching again just like his great predecessor. The Dharma will flourish once more in this world when that happens.                                                                                                                             

When the time is right and he teaches, Pabongkha Rinpoche would usher a new age of Buddhism. Perhaps the ban and everything that has been happening is to prepare everyone for the rise of Pabongkha Rinpoche and he will usher in a golden age of Buddhism. Taiwan, China, Tibet would most probably be the countries that would benefit the most from Pabongkha Rinpoche's rising. It is ironic that the Dalai Lama would say that Pabongkha Rinpoche is just another high lama in the constellation of Lamas, but he allows the CTA to surpress the current incarnation. I really hope that the CTA would keep their dirty paws off away from Pabongkha Rinpoche and let him flourish.

psylotripitaka

Ensapa, just want to point out that students of Lama Zopa certainly know of Je Pabonkhapa as several works by him have been translated under Rinpoche's guidance, such as retreat advice and the incredible work entitled Heart Spoon: Encouragement Through Recollecting Impermanence.

Lotsawa David Gonsalez is also providing many excellent translations of works by Je Pabonkhapa.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
This is what Lama Zopa said about HH Pabongka Rinpoche. Even though Lama Zopa had outwardly given up the practice, his view here is obviously with much respect and devotion for these great masters. Not only does he say that they did NOT make mistakes, he says that Dorje Shugden is not evil and that he is a manifestation of Manjushri!

So all the FPMT members should follow what Lama Zopa advises and behave accordingly!

From "Lama Zopa says Dorje Shugden is an Arya at first"
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=130.msg39271#msg39271

May 16, 1997

Advice given by Lama Zopa to his students: Therefore, it becomes very important to support His Holiness and to fulfill His Holiness’ wishes. For that reason, Kopan Monastery stopped doing this practice. This was done for His Holiness. This does not mean that Pabongka Dechen Nyingpo, His Holiness Trijang Rinpoche, and His Holiness Song Rinpoche have made mistakes. It does not mean they are wrong. Nor does one have to look at the protector as evil. For us ordinary people it is difficult to judge, because we cannot see these lamas’ minds. Another side of the teaching is that it is mentioned that the protector is an Arya Bodhisattva, a manifestation of Manjushri. So, then, there is also the risk of our creating very heavy karma in that context.

Another interesting link to read:
Who made Lama Zopa a Rinpoche
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=49.0
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Big Uncle

Ensapa, just want to point out that students of Lama Zopa certainly know of Je Pabonkhapa as several works by him have been translated under Rinpoche's guidance, such as retreat advice and the incredible work entitled Heart Spoon: Encouragement Through Recollecting Impermanence.

Lotsawa David Gonsalez is also providing many excellent translations of works by Je Pabonkhapa.

That's very interesting! Wonder if they realize the contradiction between their stance on Dorje Shugden and studying his works. However, Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche is known for much more than that. I believe that had visions of Vajrayogini, Heruka, Yamantaka and a hosts of other Yidams. In one vision of Vajrayogini, she was said to request him to combine the Sakya and the Gelug lineage of Vajrayogini's practice. Thus, Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche composed the commentary and a new sadhana with references to both lineages. This the main practice of Vajrayogini that was proliferated down to Trijang Rinpoche and the Dalai Lama along with much of the Gelug School.

On top of that, Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche's Lamrim teaching known in English as Liberation in the Palm of Your Hands is of the special Southern Lamrim lineage. His Holiness Pabongka Rinpoche was one day summoned by the 13th Dalai Lama and he had no time to prepare and he was told to provide evidence of his Southern Lamrim lineage. Pabongka Rinpoche said he has the texts but they are scattered all over. The officials told him he must have it. Without any texts on him, Pabongka Rinpoche was forced to reveal his psychic abilities. He told the ministers the exact location of the texts in the Dalai Lama's palace and they were presented to the Dalai Lama. The Dalai Lama examined the evidence and was satisfied. He ordered his ministers to release Pabongka Rinpoche and he was allowed to spread his Lamrim lineage. This was written in the Gelek Rinpoche's commentary.

These are just 2 that comes to mind, I am sure there are more. Much of the Tantric lineages have Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche as one of the lineage holders. These are just some of the incredible qualities of Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche that not many know of today especially since he was demonized because of Dorje Shugden's practice.

Ensapa

• Email

But the sad part is they are not inviting him. They do not even respect the current incarnation. He is not supported by ant of Lama Zopa's students at all. I find this very sad indeed in many ways but oh well, what can anyone do about it? perhaps Rabten Choling who invited Trijang Rinpoche should invite Pabongkha Rinpoche next, or perhaps the Khadampa tradition of Serkong Tritul. Last I heard, a CTA official and a monk from KOPAN. (yes Kopan) talked Pabongka Rinpoche's one and only Taiwan sponsor off sponsoring Pabongkha Rinpoche. This was in 2004-5 if I remembered correctly. It was a sad day indeed for the Gelug lineage.

Thanks for the info tho :)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
What an unfortunate state of affairs that due to the Dorje Shugden ban, the incarnations of the greatest of masters like Pabongka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche have had to stay away from the Tibetans in exile. In the end, it is the Tibetan’s great loss because everywhere else in the world they are welcome and continue to a wealth of wisdom and tremendous source of Dharma.  Both Pabogka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche have even had their names removed from the list of Lamrim teachers. Imagine this – two masters who were widely regarded as living embodiments of Heruka and Vajrayogini and holders of many pure lineages, banned by the CTA.

Every Tibetan must at some point wake up and ask what the CTA has done and who has actually benefitted from the CTA’s actions. It is not as if the ban did anything at all except to make sure that everyone else can receive the rich blessings of Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche except for the Tibetans in exile. Just looking at the video of Trijang Rinpoche in Italy so warmly welcomed by Gangchen Rinpoche - the emanation of the Medicine Buddha and so many Europeans, I am sure every Tibetan would feel a pang of regret.

The good news is, just as Trijang Rinpoche has emerged to turn the wheel of Dharma again, I am quite certain that sooner or later the young Pabongka Rinpoche would follow suit. What a glorious day that would be. It is also interesting that Lama Zopa's students are wise to study he works of Pabongka Rinpoche and this begs the question - why bother studying the work of a lama whom the Dalai Lama has claimed to be wrong? Is the FPMT having a rethink about Dorje Shugden? I hope so.

Ensapa

• Email
What an unfortunate state of affairs that due to the Dorje Shugden ban, the incarnations of the greatest of masters like Pabongka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche have had to stay away from the Tibetans in exile. In the end, it is the Tibetan’s great loss because everywhere else in the world they are welcome and continue to a wealth of wisdom and tremendous source of Dharma.  Both Pabogka Rinpoche and Trijang Rinpoche have even had their names removed from the list of Lamrim teachers. Imagine this – two masters who were widely regarded as living embodiments of Heruka and Vajrayogini and holders of many pure lineages, banned by the CTA.

Every Tibetan must at some point wake up and ask what the CTA has done and who has actually benefitted from the CTA’s actions. It is not as if the ban did anything at all except to make sure that everyone else can receive the rich blessings of Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongka Rinpoche except for the Tibetans in exile. Just looking at the video of Trijang Rinpoche in Italy so warmly welcomed by Gangchen Rinpoche - the emanation of the Medicine Buddha and so many Europeans, I am sure every Tibetan would feel a pang of regret.

The good news is, just as Trijang Rinpoche has emerged to turn the wheel of Dharma again, I am quite certain that sooner or later the young Pabongka Rinpoche would follow suit. What a glorious day that would be. It is also interesting that Lama Zopa's students are wise to study he works of Pabongka Rinpoche and this begs the question - why bother studying the work of a lama whom the Dalai Lama has claimed to be wrong? Is the FPMT having a rethink about Dorje Shugden? I hope so.

If the CTA chooses to break off the Lamrim lineage, then it is their loss. They will get no blessings whatsoever from that stupid act. It would cause all of the resulting Lamrim teachings ineffective as they denied their lineage. How to get the blessings for the teachings to actually go in and to be applicable if we take off those two very important lineage Gurus from the list of lineage masters? But of course, there would be a few Lamas who have Guru devotion and hold on to it secretly within Dharamsala and they will keep the transmission pure...especially in Shar Ganden.

If the students of Lama Zopa study Pabongkha Rinpoche's works, would it behoove them to invite the current incarnation and get teachings from him? If the respect for him is genuine? If not, whatever translated works by Pabongkha Rinpoche that they read would be like reading just the words, no blessings, its only for intellectual stimulation.

beggar

This discussion about the use of texts by Lamas who considered 'unclean' is an interesting one. While Lama Zopa hasn't overtly criticised or disparaged Pabongka Rinpoche, there are many institutions who have, including sadly, individuals from the great monasteries like Gaden.

So, we would be inclined to ask, does this mean that these institutions would deny all teachings and texts given or composed by lamas such as Pabongka Rinpoche and the lamas who arise from that lineage (Trijang Rinpoche, and all other lamas who have received teachings from him?) The monasteries are removing traces of Pabongka Rinpoche's names, but they would still study Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand - widely known to be be based upon Pabongka's teachings, edited by his heart disciple Trijang Rinpoche!

And what of the texts by Panchen Sonam Dragpa? Still used as central texts by every single monk in Gaden Shartse and Drepung Loseling monks aspiring to obtain their Geshe degrees. While the foundation of all their study is rooted in the texts of Panchen Sonam Dragpa, they are also being forced to deny his incarnations and practice - so what does this mean? Are the teachings holy and correct? Or tainted and harmful? Surely it can't be both. How can we deny the Lamas but continue to study their teachings and hope to gain knowledge, understanding, realization and attainments from them? That is like saying that you hope the water you are drinking from a cup lined with poison is pure, clear and beneficial.

DSFriend

What is spirituality? One of the characteristics of what I think spirituality ought to have is respect of each other and all faiths. HH Trijang Rinpoche speaks highly of HH Pabongka Rinpoche is a display of spirituality. I wish very much that one day there will be no dividing walls in our monasteries.

psylotripitaka

This discussion about the use of texts by Lamas who considered 'unclean' is an interesting one. While Lama Zopa hasn't overtly criticised or disparaged Pabongka Rinpoche, there are many institutions who have, including sadly, individuals from the great monasteries like Gaden.

So, we would be inclined to ask, does this mean that these institutions would deny all teachings and texts given or composed by lamas such as Pabongka Rinpoche and the lamas who arise from that lineage (Trijang Rinpoche, and all other lamas who have received teachings from him?) The monasteries are removing traces of Pabongka Rinpoche's names, but they would still study Liberation in the Palm of Your Hand - widely known to be be based upon Pabongka's teachings, edited by his heart disciple Trijang Rinpoche!

And what of the texts by Panchen Sonam Dragpa? Still used as central texts by every single monk in Gaden Shartse and Drepung Loseling monks aspiring to obtain their Geshe degrees. While the foundation of all their study is rooted in the texts of Panchen Sonam Dragpa, they are also being forced to deny his incarnations and practice - so what does this mean? Are the teachings holy and correct? Or tainted and harmful? Surely it can't be both. How can we deny the Lamas but continue to study their teachings and hope to gain knowledge, understanding, realization and attainments from them? That is like saying that you hope the water you are drinking from a cup lined with poison is pure, clear and beneficial.

Very good points. I was told many years ago by FPMT administrators that Pabonkha Rinpoche being wrong with respect to the Protector does not invalidate all the other teachings he gave.

I believe we can agree that there is not a great deal of common sense or conclusive logic coming from people arguing against the practice. I mean jeezus, Je Pabonkha Rinpoche has a great deal of things weighing in his favor as far as being an emanation of Buddha Heruka, having many visions, accurate clairvoyance, capturing lightning, having a Heruka statue grow and come alive spitting nectar into his scullcup and so forth. How on earth does one come to the conclusion that someone like that does not know the difference between a Buddha and a spirit. Such nonsense.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
When we read about HH Pabongkha Rinpoche's biography (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/pabongka-rinpoche-wikipedia/) and Ribur Rinpoche's remarks about his Guru, http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/ribur-rinpoche-on-je-pabongka/, we cannot but be inspired. I personally like this the best from Ribur Rinpoche:

The Most Important Tibetan Lama of All…..
To my mind he was the most important Tibetan lama of all. Everybody knows how great his four main disciples were (these include Trijang Dorjechang and ling Rinpoche, the two tutors of the Dalai Lama)— well, he was their teacher.

He spent a great deal of time thinking about the practical meaning of the teachings and coming to an inner realization of them, and he had practised and accomplished everything he had learned, right up to the completion stage. He didn’t just spout words, he tried things out for himself. Also, he never got angry; any anger had been completely pacified by his bodhichitta.

If we think about how great HH Trijang Rinpoche is, how great must HIS Guru be!

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being