Author Topic: Dalai Lama’s visit to Kumbh cancelled due to security reasons  (Read 3925 times)

DharmaSpace

Dalai Lama’s visit to Kumbh cancelled due to security reasons
« on: February 10, 2013, 05:48:46 PM »
PTI
ALLAHABAD, India, 3 February 2013
The proposed visit of Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama to the Maha Kumbh congregation here has been cancelled due to security reasons, a senior Vishwa Hindu Parishad leader said today.

“The Dalai Lama’s three-day tour, which was to begin today, has been cancelled as the necessary security clearance could not be obtained from the Uttar Pradesh government,” VHP Kashi Prant President Manoj Srivastava said.

However, senior UP government officials have refused to comment on the cancellation of Dalai Lama’s visit.

Srivastava said “the Dalai Lama was expected to inaugurate a Lama Nagar, situated inside our camp, where Buddhist literature and Tibetan artefacts will be on display”.

However, “The Lama Nagar will be inaugurated, in presence of our patron Ashok Singhal, by Buddhist monks who had arrived a few days earlier,” he said.

“Although there is disappointment over cancellation of the spiritual leader’s tour, his message of peace and brotherhood will nevertheless be disseminated at the ongoing congregation”.

The visit of the Dalai Lama, who was scheduled to take part in a number of functions organized at the Kumbh by the VHP, had triggered protests from some religious leaders on the ground that Buddhists did not believe in the “sanctity of the Vedas”.

However, the VHP has been claiming that Buddhism “like Jainism and Sikhism, is an offshoot of Vedanta philosophy” and that the Dalai Lama has been attending a number of functions organized by Hindu outfits.

This is definitely something not caused by Dorje Shugden practitioners if it was the CTA will have a field day talking about the evils of Dorje Shugden to distract their people and the world away from the immolations happening in Tibet that they have absolutely no control whatsoever.

There is also a feeling that the CTA is not able to protect the Dalai Lama for him to do his work to spread the dharma.  Yes CTA insists in dabbling in politics and sticking their noses there they do not belong. Which is why CTA is so determined to hold on to a Draconian and Middle Age treatment of Dorje Shugden practitioners.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dalai Lama’s visit to Kumbh cancelled due to security reasons
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:24 PM »
At least the Dalai Lama seems to be keeping to his statement that he would stop condemning Dorje Shugden publicly http://www.dorjeshugden.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0.

The Dalai Lama probably just wanted to steer clear of the protests "from some religious leaders on the ground that Buddhists did not believe in the “sanctity of the Vedas”." I am sure the Dorje Shugden protests he endured previously were more than enough!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 04:30:21 AM »
“The Dalai Lama’s three-day tour, which was to begin today, has been cancelled as the necessary security clearance could not be obtained from the Uttar Pradesh government,” VHP Kashi Prant President Manoj Srivastava said.

This is new and unheard of. The Dalai Lama's visit does not pass the governmental standards? We're talking about the Dalai Lama, a name that everyone in the whole world knows and he is a nobel prize winner, cannot attend to an event because he could not obtain a security clearance? This is absurd and odd. Seems like to me the Dalai Lama's popularity and power is starting to wane....first the US leads him through the white house's backdoor, then taiwan rejects his entry, then the swiss does not recognize CTA as a govt and now this? Perhaps the time for Dorje Shugden to arise is nearer than we think.

vajrastorm

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 07:05:32 AM »
The fact that " senior UP government officials have refused to comment on the cancellation of Dalai Lama's visit" shows clearly that there is more than security reasons behind the cancellations.India,as Ensapa indicates , appears to be following the stance of a growing number of world leaders who are reluctant to incur the displeasure of growing economic giant and powerhouse, China. HH Dalai Lama and the CTA are now China' public enemy No 1.Hence, the reluctance of world leaders to court the displeasure of China by showing hospitality and support to HH Dalai Lama.

Perhaps, this is how 'the bigger picture' is now taking shape and how the ban is working out its 'desired' effect of making Tibetan Buddhism and Dorje Shugden practice spread , particularly in China.

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »

This is new and unheard of. The Dalai Lama's visit does not pass the governmental standards? We're talking about the Dalai Lama, a name that everyone in the whole world knows and he is a nobel prize winner, cannot attend to an event because he could not obtain a security clearance? This is absurd and odd. Seems like to me the Dalai Lama's popularity and power is starting to wane....first the US leads him through the white house's backdoor, then taiwan rejects his entry, then the swiss does not recognize CTA as a govt and now this? Perhaps the time for Dorje Shugden to arise is nearer than we think.

I am not surprised if the Dalai Lama's popularity waned a little because that's just natural as anybody ages but I am sure the Dalai Lama will do his best to be of service to anyone. He will never grow old from that as he has Bodhisattva ideals to live by.

But the Dalai Lama's waning health as he grows older is more worrying than his waning popularity. But I do stand by the fact that the Dalai Lama needs to be the one to release the ban and I do hope he does because that action would have greater acceptance than if a successor comes along and do away with the ban. That's really how I see the ban being lifted and I can hardly wait for that time to come. I am not clairvoyant and I don't really know how it will happen, I just know it will happen somehow.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2013, 03:00:26 AM »

I am not surprised if the Dalai Lama's popularity waned a little because that's just natural as anybody ages but I am sure the Dalai Lama will do his best to be of service to anyone. He will never grow old from that as he has Bodhisattva ideals to live by.

But the Dalai Lama's waning health as he grows older is more worrying than his waning popularity. But I do stand by the fact that the Dalai Lama needs to be the one to release the ban and I do hope he does because that action would have greater acceptance than if a successor comes along and do away with the ban. That's really how I see the ban being lifted and I can hardly wait for that time to come. I am not clairvoyant and I don't really know how it will happen, I just know it will happen somehow.

The Dalai Lama is the one who impose the ban and it is only natural that he should be the one who lifts it. Even though his secular power and fame is waning, there are still millions of people around the world that call him their Guru, their spiritual guide. I dont think so a sucessor would have that much effect when it comes to lifting the ban because the Dalai Lama with the help of the CIA and his attendants have created a very powerful but misleading image of the Dalai Lama and it has left its mark in the minds of many and i dont think so that perception would go down any time soon. But what is encouraging is that the Dalai Lama has already said he will stop condemning Dorje Shugden and it coincides with his secular power waning. Hmmm