Author Topic: Dorje Shugden at Mongolian Temple  (Read 15338 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Dorje Shugden at Mongolian Temple
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:40:59 PM »
See our glorious Protector, Dorje Shugden, which is carved from stone at the base of a Mongolian Temple. i am told that HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche consecrated this temple at its opening ceremony. Unfortunately i do not have the name of this temple so if anyone knows, please do share!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

spikyeddie

Re: Dorje Shugden at Mongolian Temple
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 05:31:39 PM »
It's the Amarbayasgalant Monastery. They have a website at http://www.amarbayasgalant.org/. But the website is in Mongolian only at the moment.

You can see a close up of the outdoor statues at another website: http://www.panoramio.com/m/photo/76353490.

dslucky

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:24:12 PM »
Looks good and pretty!

Glad to know Buddhism in Mongolia is revived and spreading like a wildfire!

Guru Deva Rinpoche played a huge role in the development of Buddhism in Mongolia. He did a lot after Buddhism was revived in 1991 in his home country. He restored temples, statues, scriptures, accomodations and education for then benefit of the people in Mongolia! Guru Deva Rinpoche was truly a selfless being having done all the above.

We must always always remember these selfless Masters who worked hard for us to receive the Dharma.

Here's a link to a page with many Great Masters: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/category/great-masters/

WisdomBeing

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 09:48:51 AM »
Hey thanks, SpikyEddie! I've picked a few pics from the website you gave me to share here in case the servers go down or the links no longer work.

In the picture of the group of monks, who is the central figure in the golden robe?

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2013, 10:15:06 AM »
That's interesting! This Dorje Shugden monastery, Amarbayasgalant has the backing of the government of Mongolia as we can see through the video on Dorje Shugden's website itself. It is really nice to see that a secular government is interested in the growth of the Buddhadharma.

There are not many countries in the world that has a secular government that would actually be interested to further the interest of Buddhism. I think that's just great and I am sure they are providing more support than just showing up to the opening of the monastery. The pictures on the website didn't show the statues of Lama Tsongkhapa and his two heart sons. Perhaps, the statue has just been recently erected. Anyway, I found the video online of some scenes of the temple... Here it is...

Amarbayasgalant - Monastery with Dorje Shugden in Mongolia Small | Large

Also, a link to the Amarbayasgalant monastery on dorjeshugden.com is available here:- http://www.dorjeshugden.com/places/monastery-with-dorje-shugden-in-mongolia/

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2013, 07:53:55 AM »
Another piece of great news to rejoice in! In this monastery where Je Rinpoche’s teachings are being taught, there will be new great masters to continue the teachings and also the practice of Dorje Shugden. Those elder great masters seated together with Choktrul Trijang Rinpoche are the current masters among the younger monks. One day, it will be the younger monks turn. May this monastery and all monasteries flourish for the spread of dharma.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2013, 12:32:51 PM »
Mongolia is becoming very famous for its rich minerals and with such a burgeoning economy this place is set to achieve much wealth. The presence of Dorje Shugden and Gelug tradition will help the this country grow in the right direction.

I do remember that Guru Deva Rinpoche who was none other than Gyenze offered the Trijang Dorje Chang a car, Trijang Rinpoche was then the first lama to have a motorised vehicle. The Mongolians have no qualms or restrictions about propitiating Dorje Shugden how wonderful no wonder they have so much resources at their disposal.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:04 AM »
It's amazing to see how much Gelug and Dorje Shugden has spread in Mongolia, almost like wildfire! And to think that the Jetsun Khalkas were the incarnation of Jetsun Taranatha who was the founder of the Jonang lineage, holder of the Kalachakra lineage and who was banned by the CTA from incarnating in Tibet, but he came back in mongolia instead, supported Gelugpa, made it grow and also made Dorje Shugden grow in Mongolia and made it firm there. I dont think so anyone would be able to be distract Mongolia away from Dorje Shugden, not even the Dalai Lama or Lama Zopa (HHDL released a book explaining why not to practice Dorje Shugden, with a foreword from Lama Zopa that coincided with the 9th Jetsun Khalkha's passing). The image of Dorje Shugden is just so majestic and awe inspiring.

donoharm

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2013, 06:05:54 AM »
More pictures :)
See our glorious Protector, Dorje Shugden, which is carved from stone at the base of a Mongolian Temple. i am told that HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche consecrated this temple at its opening ceremony. Unfortunately i do not have the name of this temple so if anyone knows, please do share!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2013, 06:19:23 AM »
I would like to know who is with Trijang Rinpoche in the 2nd picture? Is she/he his consort? I heard that Trijang Rinpoche has a consort which is the daughter of a high ranking Rinpoche in the Drikung Kagyu tradition.

And the picture of Trijang Rinpoche in tantric regalia is really powerful. There is just something about him that reminds me about Vajradhara when I see him in that regalia. Very very blessed indeed to be able to even see these pictures. Thank you so much donoharm.

donoharm

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2013, 07:26:01 AM »
It is late Guru Deva Rinpoche's only son who is with His Holiness Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche.

I would like to know who is with Trijang Rinpoche in the 2nd picture? Is she/he his consort? I heard that Trijang Rinpoche has a consort which is the daughter of a high ranking Rinpoche in the Drikung Kagyu tradition.

And the picture of Trijang Rinpoche in tantric regalia is really powerful. There is just something about him that reminds me about Vajradhara when I see him in that regalia. Very very blessed indeed to be able to even see these pictures. Thank you so much donoharm.

WisdomBeing

« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2013, 10:57:40 AM »
Dear Donoharm

Thank you very much for those photos!! I love them!!! Are you a student of HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche? Please do keep posting more photos like these photos as they make me so happy and i am sure they will lift the hearts of Dorje Shugden practitioners everywhere.

With much joy,
Kate

WisdomBeing

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2013, 11:09:14 AM »
Dear Donoharm and anyone else,

Do you know the date of this consecration at Amarbayasgalant?

pgdharma

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2013, 03:34:28 PM »
It is rejoicing news that this Dorje Shugden monastery has the support of the Mongolian government. The visit of the Prime Minister of Mongolia shows the great importance of his great interest to the reestablishment of the Buddhist culture in Mongolia.  As the  objectives of this monastery is  to provide information on  Buddhist teachings for  the public as well as improve the levels of education of the monks, may these monks continue to spread the  teachings of Lama Tsongkhapa and may  Dorje Shugden's practice flourish.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2013, 09:44:15 PM »
Thank you donoharm. So heart warming to see Trijang DorjeChang leading the way in reviving Buddha Dharma in Mongolia. It was the third Dalai Lama the Great Sonam Gyatso (1543-1588) pacified the Mongolians and led them to the more non violent ways of life and gave them a guiding light in Buddhism. It was the Mongolians who helped the Great Fifth Dalai Lama to finally establish peace once again in Tibet, it was during the Great Fifth's time that Dorje Shugden arose to safeguard Nagarjuna's view. 

NOw Trijang Dorje Chang is leading the way in Mongolia to revive the spark of Buddhism in Mongolia once again, who better than Trijang Lama to lead the way and revive Buddhist philosophies and tradition in Mongolia. Another collaboration between Manjushri and Avalokiteshvara.