Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Puzzle game  (Read 8979 times)

dslucky

Dorje Shugden Puzzle game
« on: February 14, 2013, 12:02:31 PM »
Hey guys! Look what I found in the Google Play Store...a Dorje Shugden photo sliding block puzzle! This is an android application where we can download to our android phones.

Check out the link here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nagaseeker.protectordorjeshugden

What an amazing way to introduce Dorje Shugden's practice to the world! Everyone is on their cells nowadays and we spend a lot of time playing games on it. So why not play this interesting game and at the same time we get to learn more about Dorje Shugden..

I find this really interesting...I've played with it a little and after writing this post I am going back to my game!

jessicajameson

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Puzzle game
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 04:24:45 PM »
Hey dslucky!

Thanks for letting me know about this game. I've juste downloaded it, and it works well on my Samsung Tab 7.7. I tried it with my colleagues phone (she uses an iphone) and it works just as well. I think that it turns out looking better on the iphone though.

This game is awesome! It's a great way to pass my time on the train on the way to work!

The one thing that's a little bit ngeh is the background music lol. I'm getting my brother to download it now!

Aurore

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2013, 07:36:37 PM »
Hey dslucky!

Thanks for letting me know about this game. I've juste downloaded it, and it works well on my Samsung Tab 7.7. I tried it with my colleagues phone (she uses an iphone) and it works just as well. I think that it turns out looking better on the iphone though.

This game is awesome! It's a great way to pass my time on the train on the way to work!

The one thing that's a little bit ngeh is the background music lol. I'm getting my brother to download it now!

I saw the app with the given link and it looked useful to recognise and remember Dorje Shugden's iconography. I think it's an absolute great idea to learn through play. However, it doesn't work on my iPad and my iphone! Pray tell how did your friend managed to download an android app to an apple device?

dsiluvu

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2013, 08:59:56 PM »
Oh wow this is interesting, creative and very innovative indeed!

What a fun way to spread Dorje Shugden to game lovers like my niece and nephews... now instead of the stupid cat that talks... they can have something more educational and spiritual at the same time :)

Thank you whoever you are who created this brilliant idea! It is so refreshing to see Dorje Shugden spreading in to the modern day society and skilfully so that it reaches out to benefit others in a good positive way. I love it!!! and I thank you dslucky for posting this up!

Seriously the ban has indirectly pushed so many devoted practitioners to spread Dorje Shugden using various mediums and approaches to suit different mindsets from all age groups! I am going to download this now on my phone!!!

Cheers mate!

tsangpakarpo

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 07:36:16 AM »

What a fun way to spread Dorje Shugden to game lovers like my niece and nephews... now instead of the stupid cat that talks... they can have something more educational and spiritual at the same time :)

Thank you whoever you are who created this brilliant idea! It is so refreshing to see Dorje Shugden spreading in to the modern day society and skilfully so that it reaches out to benefit others in a good positive way. I love it!!! and I thank you dslucky for posting this up!

Seriously the ban has indirectly pushed so many devoted practitioners to spread Dorje Shugden using various mediums and approaches to suit different mindsets from all age groups! I am going to download this now on my phone!!!

Cheers mate!

I like what you said about practitioners using various methods to spread Dorje Shugden. Definitely very creative how people are! But I think rather than just focusing on the ban, these people are doing so because they are really passionate about Dorje Shugden's practice. When we are passionate about something, we would definitely do more. In this case, whoever who made this application must be really passionate about Dorje Shugden's practice.

I have downloaded the app and am loving it! I try to beat the time each time I play. hehe I learn more about the Iconography too when I play. How absolutely creative!! Gonna be sharing this with all my friends now!

diamond girl

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 09:58:17 AM »
Wow! great to see people being very innovative with their ideas in spreading DS practice to everyone.

And guess what, the idea of having a puzzle game is excellent! It is something that does not have any language barrier, nor does it restrict to a certain age group... it's perfect for anyone and everyone... and on top of that... it's free!!!

Such a great way to introduce DS to others in a fun filled way, or even just to plant the seeds of Dharma.

Thank you for sharing this to everyone!

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2013, 11:51:18 AM »
Thank you Dorje Shugden, this is an incredible way to display Dorje Shugden to the world and plant immense blessings into the minds of those would be playing this game. I love it! I think it is believed that even for someone to look with anger at a line drawing of a simple Buddha would plant blessings into the mind stream of that person. It is wonderful for the young to be able to plant blessings of wrathful Manjushri into their minds. This is extremely skillful way to spread Dharma seeds to the world. I rejoice and please keep up the good work, Dorje Shugden. You are forever on the forefront of spiritual innovation!

Q

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2013, 02:40:08 PM »
This certainly is a great way to introduce someone to DS using a method everyone is open to. Thank you for sharing this wonderful way. It is something that anyone from anywhere can access and have Dharmic seed planted in their mindstream.

Looking forward to more great innovations to bring DS practice to everyone in the world!

christine V

• Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2013, 03:45:22 PM »

Cheers mate!

I like what you said about practitioners using various methods to spread Dorje Shugden. Definitely very creative how people are! But I think rather than just focusing on the ban, these people are doing so because they are really passionate about Dorje Shugden's practice. When we are passionate about something, we would definitely do more. In this case, whoever who made this application must be really passionate about Dorje Shugden's practice.

I have downloaded the app and am loving it! I try to beat the time each time I play. hehe I learn more about the Iconography too when I play. How absolutely creative!! Gonna be sharing this with all my friends now!

Dear Tsangpakarpo,
I agree with your point, not to keep focusing on the "Ban" issues, instead we should try to focus on how to share this Great protector Dorje Shugden to our loves one. We do not live forever in this world, thus, we really need to share Dorje Shugden practices to our loves one as soon as possible. In fact, this is the best gift we can ever gave to our loves one. This gift will not last only for this life , but life after life.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, 05:19:53 AM »
Wow a very creative tool in order to spread DS practice especially to the youngster now a days will spend hours in front of their computers. Should have more creative and innovative method invented in order to attract the younger crowd to learn Buddhism in general, instead of them spending their time playing games all day long.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2013, 04:04:04 AM »
What a cute and interesting way of promoting Dorje Shugden and sowing more seeds! I mean its a very simple game nonetheless, but it is something nice to do while waiting for people or during boring family meetups. Certainly a very creative way of promoting Dorje Shugden without having to talk about the ban! I really like this game and I hope more of such games would turn up. Although I am using an iPhone and it would be great if this app was also available for iPhone and iPad as well because then many more people would get to play it.

Positive Change

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 01:46:14 PM »

Cheers mate!

Dear Tsangpakarpo,
I agree with your point, not to keep focusing on the "Ban" issues, instead we should try to focus on how to share this Great protector Dorje Shugden to our loves one. We do not live forever in this world, thus, we really need to share Dorje Shugden practices to our loves one as soon as possible. In fact, this is the best gift we can ever gave to our loves one. This gift will not last only for this life , but life after life.

Yes indeed... we "fight" with the Wisdom Sword and ensure we keep to Buddhist principles. After all, we have to be the example of how to act when faced with such adversity! As with everything in life, it is always best to focus on the positive and NOT the negative.

The ban for me is the best thing that could have happened to ensure the spread of the Dorje Shugden to the 10 directions. Sure there are "casualties" but in this case, the benefits far outweigh the suffering. And if we trust and believe in karma, the suffering is a result of our own karma anyway... and if we suffer for such causes, it surely must be some form of purification.... so in reality it is a win win situation! :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2013, 03:53:06 AM »
Yes indeed... we "fight" with the Wisdom Sword and ensure we keep to Buddhist principles. After all, we have to be the example of how to act when faced with such adversity! As with everything in life, it is always best to focus on the positive and NOT the negative.

The ban for me is the best thing that could have happened to ensure the spread of the Dorje Shugden to the 10 directions. Sure there are "casualties" but in this case, the benefits far outweigh the suffering. And if we trust and believe in karma, the suffering is a result of our own karma anyway... and if we suffer for such causes, it surely must be some form of purification.... so in reality it is a win win situation! :)

In that light, I'd really like to see the ban as purification for the Dorje Shugden practitioners and also to help them build their own willpower up so when the ban ends, Dorje Shugden will explode because Dorje Shugden practitioners already have all the good qualities they require to spread the Dharma and therefor it will spread like wildfire. The ban is probably in place for us all to develop patience, resilience, compassion and effort so that when the ban is lifted our good qualities will attract people to Dorje Shugden because the most important thing that will help attract others to Dharma is not the scriptures themselves, but by a good and proper example.

Manjushri

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2013, 09:42:11 AM »
If we have the passion to do something, nothing will stop us. Just like how the team behind this website has the passion to continue updating the site and spreading Dorje Shugden by whatever means, whoever it is that created the game has only one motivation for it, I'm sure. And that is to bring Dorje Shugden to millions around the world. By creating a puzzle game, and having it available to the world through an application, it highlights the extent one would go to think, create, do and bring results to the proliferation of Dorje Shugden. Wow.

Having a game is a great and creative idea! Thank you very much for this. I wonder what else will be in store.. 

Rihanna

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2013, 07:58:30 PM »
Hey guys! Look what I found in the Google Play Store...a Dorje Shugden photo sliding block puzzle! This is an android application where we can download to our android phones.

Check out the link here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nagaseeker.protectordorjeshugden

What an amazing way to introduce Dorje Shugden's practice to the world! Everyone is on their cells nowadays and we spend a lot of time playing games on it. So why not play this interesting game and at the same time we get to learn more about Dorje Shugden..

I find this really interesting...I've played with it a little and after writing this post I am going back to my game!

This is a very interesting idea of spreading Dorje Shugden. In the past, I think the website was accused of
making light of Dorje Shugden? But if kids download this and it plants imprints of his image in their minds, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.