Author Topic: Dorje Shugden in Fujian  (Read 8370 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Dorje Shugden in Fujian
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:48:45 PM »
As the practice of the great protector of our time grows bigger and bigger. His images while retaining the necessary iconography is more adapted to the local culture and uniqueness.

Here's good news from the province of Fujian whereby the tradition to offer gold leaves onto the statue of an enlightened being's statue is a practice of making offerings to the Buddha Dorje Shugden himself.

Do take a look of this beautiful piece of art which will serve as a field of merit for the people who makes offerings and prayers to.

May Dorje Shugden's practice continue growing in the land of the Dragon and eventually to the whole wide world!
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: Dorje Shugden in Fujian
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 08:02:08 PM »
Dear Harry

Thanks for posting this picture! I haven't seen a statue that looks like this. The gold even looks different! Can you please explain what is offering gold leaves? Is this a practice in China?

Thanks!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:51:23 AM »
The quality of the statue might not be the best but it is a very encouraging sign that Dorje Shugden's practice has reached mainland China. As predicted by Trijang Rinpoche, Dorje Shugden will explode in China and I am sure very soon it will. The statue's features and quality actually look distinctly Chinese instead of Tibetan and it is also my first time in seeing a statue with such Chinese features. Perhaps it is a sign that the Chinese are slowly adopting Dorje Shugden as a Dharma protector? This is exciting indeed.

kris

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 08:14:43 AM »
@Ensapa, I don't think China is adopting Dorje Shugden "slowly", instead, China is adopting fast!

If China is going to replicate anyway, I do hope China can take images from this website and replicate based on the images/statues here, at least the iconography is correct :) But of course the best is to buy from this online shop http://shop.dorjeshugden.com

Gold leafs offering is very common practice in Thailand. Just do a google search and you will find many info and photos. Basicall Gold leafs are very thin gold sheets (it is so thin that if you touch it with your moist hand, it will break). People will apply a little bit of water (sometimes with some diluted adhesives) and stick it onto the Buddha's body.

lotus1

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 10:27:58 PM »
Wow, beautiful statue of Lord Shugden! It is such a great news to know that in Fujian, people can offer gold leaves on to Lord Shugden openly. How I wish in my country, we can do that too!

As gold are considered precious due for its purity and values, offerings gold leaves are symbolizing offerings of precious items to the three Jewels. Gold also has the power to placate spirits and request favours.

May the ban be lifted and all can openly offer gold leaves to Lord Shugden!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2013, 02:57:53 AM »
@Ensapa, I don't think China is adopting Dorje Shugden "slowly", instead, China is adopting fast!

If China is going to replicate anyway, I do hope China can take images from this website and replicate based on the images/statues here, at least the iconography is correct :) But of course the best is to buy from this online shop http://shop.dorjeshugden.com

Gold leafs offering is very common practice in Thailand. Just do a google search and you will find many info and photos. Basicall Gold leafs are very thin gold sheets (it is so thin that if you touch it with your moist hand, it will break). People will apply a little bit of water (sometimes with some diluted adhesives) and stick it onto the Buddha's body.

Actually come to think of it, the statue does not look like it was furnished with gold leaves. It was rather gold plated, but Chinese people like shiny things as it represents wealth and prosperity. The 'Chinese' version of  Dorje Shugden's statue seems to have its very distinct features compared to the nepali or Tibetan version and it is great that Dorje Shugden is fast assimilating into Chinese culture. After all, wealth and protection is what everyone wants and Dorje Shugden can offer both so I can foresee that it will get better from here.

vajrastorm

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2013, 02:59:45 AM »
Wow! Shugden in Fujian Province! I was telling my friend (a DS practitioner whose ancestors come from Fujian Province in China) about this. She is so happy and when I showed her the pictures here, she pointed out that the Dorje Shugden statue looks so Chinese. There is Amitabha in the background too in the Chinese form. She is amazed and thinks it ironical that, while, in the country where she now resides, the practice of Shugden is on a very small scale and limited to a few, over in China, which used to ban and suppress Buddhism and other religious practices, Dorje Shugden practice is growing alongside Buddhism. The growing practice of Shugden will usher in the spread and growth of Buddhism of  the Je Tsongkhapa Lineage for the benefit of beings of this degenerate age. 

These pictures bring great news indeed. Thank you HN. These images of Dorje Shugden, in the Fujian province in China, show that Dorje Shugden practice is spreading far and wide in China. Also the Chinese have adapted Shugden to their own traditional concept of a Buddha deity,and absorbed Shugden practice into their own cultural and religious practices.   

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2013, 03:05:47 AM »
Wow! Shugden in Fujian Province! I was telling my friend (a DS practitioner whose ancestors come from Fujian Province in China) about this. She is so happy and when I showed her the pictures here, she pointed out that the Dorje Shugden statue looks so Chinese. There is Amitabha in the background too in the Chinese form. She is amazed and thinks it ironical that, while, in the country where she now resides, the practice of Shugden is on a very small scale and limited to a few, over in China, which used to ban and suppress Buddhism and other religious practices, Dorje Shugden practice is growing alongside Buddhism. The growing practice of Shugden will usher in the spread and growth of Buddhism of  the Je Tsongkhapa Lineage for the benefit of beings of this degenerate age. 

These pictures bring great news indeed. Thank you HN. These images of Dorje Shugden, in the Fujian province in China, show that Dorje Shugden practice is spreading far and wide in China. Also the Chinese have adapted Shugden to their own traditional concept of a Buddha deity,and absorbed Shugden practice into their own cultural and religious practices.

Dorje Shugden's practice can only grow from here in China. As more and more and more people in China know about him and invites him home for peace, wealth, protection and stability, he will be more and more popular there and from there, China will influence its neighbouring or affiliated countries to pick up the practice, just as it did a few millennia ago with Buddhism spreading to Korea and Japan. When that happens, the ban will be very insignificant and nobody would really care about the ban anymore, except maybe a few hardcore people.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 01:04:02 PM »
Harry, thanks for showing us a different design of Dorje Shugden statue. The statue you have shared here is in Fujian, China. Wow! It is so fantastic the China government does not stop or oppose to the worship of Dorje Shugden. I reckon the Tibetans in China are also free to continue with their Shugden practice compared to the Tibetans in exile in India, who have been forced to stop worshipping Dorje Shugden. It is so good to know that DS is spreading far and wide within China and grow on from China to the rest of the world.

icy

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2013, 01:22:34 PM »
Thank you for sharing Harry.  This is great news that DS is in Fujian.  Fujian is also known as Xiamen which is southern China.  I love the design of  this new statue.  DS simulated into China so fast, nothing can stop this once it has started.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2013, 05:45:35 AM »
Harry, thanks for showing us a different design of Dorje Shugden statue. The statue you have shared here is in Fujian, China. Wow! It is so fantastic the China government does not stop or oppose to the worship of Dorje Shugden. I reckon the Tibetans in China are also free to continue with their Shugden practice compared to the Tibetans in exile in India, who have been forced to stop worshipping Dorje Shugden. It is so good to know that DS is spreading far and wide within China and grow on from China to the rest of the world.

Obviously, China has received benefit from Dorje Shugden, or the very least, the officials seemed to have picked up his practice and benefitted which is why they allow Dorje Shugden to be practiced in China and also in Tibet. I dont think a silly ban like that can stop Dorje Shugden at all from growing. Dorje Shugden is also allowed to be practiced in other parts of the world without people harassing them....NKT centers around the world practice Dorje Shugden without problems, Lama Gangchen's seat in Italy, Serkong Tritul and Daknak Rinpoche in Taiwan, Kundeling Rinpoche in Nepal and Geshe Rabten's seat in Switzerland all practice Dorje Shugden freely and their centers are HUGE to the point that the CTA can never compete with.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2013, 03:03:10 PM »
Dear Harry

Thanks for posting this picture! I haven't seen a statue that looks like this. The gold even looks different! Can you please explain what is offering gold leaves? Is this a practice in China?

Thanks!

Dear WB

offering of gold has been an age old practice in many traditions of Buddhism. In Tibet gold is melted and offered up in layers onto a Buddha's statue especially on the face. This is a sign of devotion and at the same time a practice to collect merits in relations to a Buddha's body.

In the East where the Dragon resides, in order to protect the beauty of the statue or any carvings for that matter, the Chinese have invented what we call gold leaf. These are molten pure gold is made into thin sheets by pressing hard and flat.

I have attached a youtube video on how to stick gold leaf onto statues. Do take a look.

??????????

hope this helps
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2013, 04:31:19 AM »
Oh! I just noticed that the top of this Dorje Shugden statue is a Lama Tsongkhapa image that looks like a pendant! How cute and adorable! I really like the additional detail to this statue as it shows Peaceful Manjushri and Wrathful Manjushri at the same time in the same statue, reaffirming that Dorje Shugden is none other than Lama Tsongkhapa's emanation! So how can it be that some people say that Dorje Shugden is evil but Lama Tsongkhapa is not? It is completely illogical and odd.

dsiluvu

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2013, 10:32:04 AM »
oh wow.. I looooove the Dorje Shugden statue with the Lama Tsongkhapa!!!! Wowow how brilliant and well made and so much significance too! I love it for the additional touch of Lama Tsongkhapa on the top, which signifies Shugden's purpose, his Guru Devotion and his abode which Shugden resides from that is under Lama Tsongkhapa. It feels like the came out from there when I look at the beautiful statue. And I think this is the only one I have ever seen in this special detailed form! How amazing!

These Fujian people are so lucky and blessed to be able to make such wonderful offerings to the Buddha Dorje Shugden. Gold has always been one of the most valuable precious object on earth, to offer something to the Buddha, if possible we have been told to always offer up the best. This is cut our attachments and create generosity in us plus the causes for us to receive more resources and help, physical or financial for one's own Dharma work/projects/mind to increase and improve!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 05:27:00 AM »
oh wow.. I looooove the Dorje Shugden statue with the Lama Tsongkhapa!!!! Wowow how brilliant and well made and so much significance too! I love it for the additional touch of Lama Tsongkhapa on the top, which signifies Shugden's purpose, his Guru Devotion and his abode which Shugden resides from that is under Lama Tsongkhapa. It feels like the came out from there when I look at the beautiful statue. And I think this is the only one I have ever seen in this special detailed form! How amazing!

These Fujian people are so lucky and blessed to be able to make such wonderful offerings to the Buddha Dorje Shugden. Gold has always been one of the most valuable precious object on earth, to offer something to the Buddha, if possible we have been told to always offer up the best. This is cut our attachments and create generosity in us plus the causes for us to receive more resources and help, physical or financial for one's own Dharma work/projects/mind to increase and improve!

It is very fortunate that Dorje Shugden provides wealth for those who call upon his help - because for us laypeople, money is always an issue as society will always demand us to spend money and in the end we will end up worrying about money more than anything else, which causes us to be distracted from our spiritual practice. With Dorje Shugden providing us the wisdom to spend our money wisely and also his ability to provide us with wealth, he is very kind indeed to fullfil the needs of disciples of this age and era. He understands that if our financial needs are taken care of, we will need not worry and will be able to focus more on Dharma and therefore he helps us! How compassionate He is and how blessed are we!