Author Topic: My new altar and blog  (Read 10364 times)

Big Uncle

My new altar and blog
« on: March 29, 2013, 04:15:46 AM »
Here's something I posted on my latest blog recently. Feast your eyes on the latest addition to my personal Dorje Shugden altar:-

I just received this package in the mail today. My mum received the package for me while I was at work. She didn't know what it was of course! I was expecting it but I didn't think it would arrive so soon. I had an exceptionally stressful time at work today with team members that were playing silly games with each other. I had to settle that and I came home totally exhausted. This was truly a sight for sore eyes. 

Thank Buddha, Dorje Shugden was all intact with no missing parts. Isn't he just gorgeous? I never thought I would be this excited for a Buddha statue. The finishing is just fantastic and I just love the antique finishing. Thank you dorjeshugden.com for making this available for all of us to invite and be the object of our prayers.

This is my little altar in my room with a printout of Trijang Rinpoche, a stupa and some offerings of crystals, tealights and Tibetan incense. I love Tibetan incense and what a perfect offering to Dorje Shugden. I did a small puja to Dorje Shugden to welcome him into my life. I took these pictures to share with the world. I dedicate this statue to Trijang Rinpoche (may I be able to have the honor to meet you and gain a blessing directly from His Holiness), my parents,colleagues, friends and ex relationships. May they be happy always and gain the blessings and assistance of wrathful Manjushri.

Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha!

My blog is at http://leeworld84.blogspot.com/
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 04:24:02 AM by Big Uncle »

Ensapa

• Email
Re: My new altar and blog
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 05:04:59 AM »
ooh! that is such a nice statue! Thank you for sharing with us Big Uncle. It is a very simple altar indeed but it is still quite nice. I like the statue a lot and definitely I would like to invite one in the future. Congratulations to the start of your spiritual journey blessed by Dorje Shugden! May all be auspicious for you. Anyway, how long did it take for your items to arrive? did it take long? I live somewhere in the west and I am afraid of the shipping time as well as reliability. But I really love the Dorje Shugden statue you have there. Keep us posted here with your growing altar which I hope I will see grow soon!

Positive Change

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:57:20 AM »
This is wonderful news Big Uncle... Am very happy for you! How blessed you are to have such a beautiful statue of Dorje Shugden. I have been meaning to order from http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/ but was not sure if the parcel delivery was ok and that it would reach intact.

I am glad it does... I will certainly save up and get myself one now! Thank you for sharing the picture of your altar Big Uncle!!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 08:01:34 AM »
Hi there.. thanks for the beautiful photos of your statue! I'm very happy for you! I've been thinking of getting one myself and to see your statue arrive is a good reminder and I'm glad to hear of the quality of the finishing. I love your altar and right now, I have only set up my altar with a picture which i printed from this website. I chose the thangka from Dagom Ladrang, Nepal (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/buddhas/) - the 35th out of the 42 images there, though i also love the 42nd image of the Dorje Shugden nathang. The nathang has a 14 Mb version which i'm thinking of getting printed poster size, though i would love the traditional thangka prints at the shop also http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/prints.html. This peaceful one http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/prints/peaceful-dorje-shugden-print.html is gorgeous!

Ok enough drooling.. let me save up some dosh. Enjoy your statue and altar, Big Uncle!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

AnneQ

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 04:27:18 PM »
What a beautiful statue of DS, Big Uncle and congratulations on your new simple but elegant altar. Now I am really tempted to invite one of this myself. Thank you for sharing the successful & safe delivery of this lovely statue to your home. Looking forward to checking out the same statue and other items in the online shop on this website :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 06:52:58 PM »
Hmm I really like your altar, although the statue should have a thangka behind it as a backdrop, maybe a poster of Dorje Shugden in his peaceful form like what Wisdombeing has mentioned? I love that form too. It is gorgeous! And it will go very well with your altar. Having Dorje Shugden is a start, hope you get more and more statues in the future and perhaps the sensory offerings to the Buddhas soon :) And remember to keep us posted of the progress!

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 07:42:17 AM »
Thank you guys. I know and I am just so excited about it that I am sharing it with you guys. I really like this statue and I am happy to start my new altar to Dorje Shugden and I posted my new altar to inspire other people to start their own altars as well. I was told that setting up our altar is a means to collect merit with Dorje Shugden and an object from which we can collect merits to have Dorje Shugden come to our assistance. Therefore, I am sure people everywhere should do the same to collect the merits needs to gain the assistance of Dorje Shugdens' assistance. Perhaps, I should write about this on my blog and share with people as well.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »
Dear Big Uncle

Thank you for sharing the wonderful news on the arrival of Dorje Shugden into your home. May you always be blessed and protected by Him.

You may say that your altar is simple but it was set up with lots of love and that is better than setting up a very fancy altar just for show! Remember .. .. .. that corner is your personal space, so you set up the altar anyway you like.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 03:07:19 PM »
Thank you guys. I know and I am just so excited about it that I am sharing it with you guys. I really like this statue and I am happy to start my new altar to Dorje Shugden and I posted my new altar to inspire other people to start their own altars as well. I was told that setting up our altar is a means to collect merit with Dorje Shugden and an object from which we can collect merits to have Dorje Shugden come to our assistance. Therefore, I am sure people everywhere should do the same to collect the merits needs to gain the assistance of Dorje Shugdens' assistance. Perhaps, I should write about this on my blog and share with people as well.

You're right -- we do need merits for assistance from Dorje Shugden as it can be difficult to get assistance from our side due to our negative karma forming a barrier between us and the Dharma protector. Therefore making offerings to him daily is a good way to help pave the way for Dorje Shugden to help us. However, the most important thing is to keep our samaya with our teachers clean or else it is said that if we have bad samaya, we blindfold the protectors' eyes so he cant see or help us. You should really share more info on your blog as it will help more and more people understand the true nature of Dorje Shugden and when they do they will make an informed choice.

Benny

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2013, 05:01:41 PM »
Congratulations ! Thank you for the recommendation and assurance that the mail order service is efficient and reliable. You alter set up is really very zen , I am sure many will come to realize that it is really not that complicated to start on Dorje Shugden"s practice after seeing your alter. I have been meaning to order from http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/ but was not sure if the parcel delivery was ok and that it would reach intact.

May all you dharma aspiration come to fruition and may all your friends and family be inspired by your practice. Thank you Dorjeshugden.com for making such beautifully crafted statutes available for all, keep up the good work !

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2013, 04:43:13 AM »
I'm just wondering tho, Big Uncle, if you got the statue filled and consecrated? you should get it filled and consecrated if you can, or learn up on how to do so as praying to a filled statue would be more beneficial than praying to an empty one. I have found this that might help you if you do not have someone to guide you or somewhere where you can bring your statue to: http://www.tharpa.com/us/statue-filling-instructions-booklet.html so that you can have a consecrated statue on your altar. Another suggestion is to get the statue painted, or at least the face painted with gold because a gold offering to the protector is very auspicious indeed :)

kris

« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2013, 03:56:23 PM »
Wow, that is really beautiful!!

I agree with Ensapa that may be you can also offer gold painting on the face. The statue is very beautiful but the face is a bit "dark" because of the colour. If you offer gold painting on the face, it will look "brighter" and very beautiful!!

Another item you can consider is to have Dorje Shugden treasure vase, to generate positive energy (http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-treasure-vase.html).

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2013, 03:29:37 AM »
personally I'd like to paint the face red in accordance with the sadhana text that describes his face as being red. The process of painting a traditional Buddhist statue is a very intricate and time consuming process, but it also acts as an offering to the deity. So it would be really great if you could learn up how to paint the statue and then paint it yourself as an offering! The colors and your effort as offering to the protector is a very nice offering indeed! Then, i'd paint his robes with gold as offerings there. But of course, this is just my suggestion on how to paint the statue. If i had more money id invite a statue myself too!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2013, 03:08:41 PM »
Big Uncle, thank you for sharing your experience on setting up an altar and all those wonderful photographs with us. Now I am inspired to set up an altar with a Dorje Shugden statue too. I understand there are not any shop in my area that have a Dorje Shugden statue for invitation. I am assured the statue from dorjeshugden.com would arrive to me safely and in good condition based on your experience. So now I am saving up and soon I can also have my very own Dorje Shugden altar for collecting merits. Rejoice from my heart to see such a meaningful altar set up and that you have inspired so many people to do the same.

dsiluvu

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2013, 04:00:57 PM »
Oh wow Big Uncle... I rejoice!!! Very very nice! CONGRATULATIONS... you must have been so thrilled :)
I love the simplicity of your little set up shrine for Dorje Shugden.

Yes I do agree thus far this is the most inexpensive and well made Dorje Shugden statue that is not too big, 8" I believe? Do you plan to get it filled with mantras and his face painted in gold? I'm setting my eyes and saving up on the 39" Dorje Shugden statue for my little chapel and community in Australia.

So far we've gotten10 of the Dorje Shugden tsa tsas http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/dorje-shugden-bronze-tsatsa.html for friends and loved ones. They were so happy! And you know for $15 a piece it is really a steel. It looks like it is worth more than $15... the quality is excellent and glassy. Everyone should get it and give away as gifts! Really I'm not kidding you!