Author Topic: My new altar and blog  (Read 10362 times)

thor

Re: My new altar and blog
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:03:07 PM »
Simple yet beautiful and significant. I'd like to get one such statue as well, but will need to pinch my pennies for a  few months in order to  get one of my one.
Nice photo of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche too - is he your root lama? Or definitely one of your lineage lamas i suppose - after all, Kyabje Rinpoche is  THE  father of the Gelugpa lineage and is the teacher of almost every gelugpa master alive today,  no matter what the CTA would have you think... haha.

Aurore

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 06:31:05 PM »
I love online shopping and receiving packages without knowing exactly when it will arrive. So I totally understand your excitement and relief when it finally did arrive. Your narrative experience makes me excited as well. Thanks for sharing your beautiful set up. Is this your first altar or protector altar? It would be lovely to offer animal figurines on a protector altar as Dorje Shugden's entourage. Just a suggestion :)

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2013, 01:21:31 PM »
Simple yet beautiful and significant. I'd like to get one such statue as well, but will need to pinch my pennies for a  few months in order to  get one of my one.
Nice photo of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche too - is he your root lama? Or definitely one of your lineage lamas i suppose - after all, Kyabje Rinpoche is  THE  father of the Gelugpa lineage and is the teacher of almost every gelugpa master alive today,  no matter what the CTA would have you think... haha.

Not just no matter what the CTA thinks, it's also no matter how every FPMT center out there who has derided Dorje Shugden thinks as well, and whether or not they like it, Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongkha Rinpoche are both the forefathers of this generation of Gelug masters and to say otherwise or to deny this fact would be a very sad thing indeed for those who claim to be Gelugs but who deride Trijang Rinpoche and Pabongkha Rinpoche. By the way, it would be nice if Trijang Rinpoche's pic on the altar be paired with Pabongkha Rinpoche and Zong Rinpoche's pictures -- the trinity of wisdom in Gelugpa! I have that on my altar and I love it so super much!

Big Uncle

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 04:31:40 AM »
Dear Ensapa,
Please take a picture and post it. People need to see those things to be inspired so they will know what to do with their altars. It might even help some people to setup their very own altars as well. We all love to see how altars are done up by individuals. There's no right and no wrong for altars as its a very personal and devotional space. By the way, since you recommended having Kyabje Pabongka and Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, I welcomed a printed picture from you anytime. You can send it to the address that I will message you personally. Thank you very much.  ;)