Author Topic: The Dalai Lama’s picture at Shar Ganden  (Read 11173 times)

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: The Dalai Lama’s picture at Shar Ganden
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2013, 09:34:29 PM »
I just find it ridiculous. Mainly for the fact that even for Dalai Lama, when he gives teachings, he welcomes all to join in and listen in his teachings. But before he gives tantric teachings, he would request Dorje Shugden practitioners to leave as a respect towards him.

If these monks and temples really want to show Dalai Lama that they respect him, they should be doing the same. Welcoming them in with both hands, but kindly and nicely asking them to leave when it comes to tantric related teachings. But there is no harm for people to learn and get blessed. That is then what true Buddhism is about. Having compassion, being kind, and love all sentient beings.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2013, 11:13:59 PM »
I just find it ridiculous. Mainly for the fact that even for Dalai Lama, when he gives teachings, he welcomes all to join in and listen in his teachings. But before he gives tantric teachings, he would request Dorje Shugden practitioners to leave as a respect towards him.

If these monks and temples really want to show Dalai Lama that they respect him, they should be doing the same. Welcoming them in with both hands, but kindly and nicely asking them to leave when it comes to tantric related teachings. But there is no harm for people to learn and get blessed. That is then what true Buddhism is about. Having compassion, being kind, and love all sentient beings.

It is funny because I heard that some temples even turn away Dorje Shugden practitioners for regular sutra teachings when the Dalai Lama turns Dorje Shudgen practitioners away only for tantric teachings. Trying waaaay too hard to be on the Dalai Lama's good books, it seems. But oh well, nothing new at all. The ban has exposed religious hypocrisy at its height, and it is both sad and entertaining at the same time to bear witness to such things. I guess for some, being politically correct is more important than being kind. Oh well.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2013, 08:51:56 PM »
I do agree with Ensapa the Dorje Shugden monks are much more advanced than the monks who just toe the line. The DS monks do not see the duality between Dorje Shugden and Dalai Lama, both creates benefit for the monks. Just like the old monk Lama Atisha brought to Tibet, it furthered his practice. Adversity is not always negative it can be a good thing. 

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2013, 09:34:07 PM »
It is because of this ban, the Dorje Shugden monks are able to learn more from a non-biased view about dharma. I believe that this is a way that is to train the Shugden practitioners to be stronger as well. Reason being that they have to go through more then the non-Shugden practitioners. The pain and extra body purification that they go through, it is really tremendous. It is just heart warming that there are people out there that are willing to sacrifice everything including their lives to practice dharma in ways that they believe it is correct.

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2013, 06:02:31 AM »
It is because of this ban, the Dorje Shugden monks are able to learn more from a non-biased view about dharma. I believe that this is a way that is to train the Shugden practitioners to be stronger as well. Reason being that they have to go through more then the non-Shugden practitioners. The pain and extra body purification that they go through, it is really tremendous. It is just heart warming that there are people out there that are willing to sacrifice everything including their lives to practice dharma in ways that they believe it is correct.

There are benefits that Dorje Shugden practitioners can derive from the ban, but it still does not mean that the ban should continue as it does no benefit in the long run for people who actually need Dorje Shugden but their access to him is barred due to the ban. In the light of those people, the ban should be lifted because everyone needs and deserves Dorje Shugden's help and not just a select few who decide not to follow the Dalai Lama and who is aware of what is going on with the ban.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2013, 06:51:11 PM »
It is true that the ban should be lifted in order to benefit more people from practicing Dorje Shugden. I believe that the ban would definitely dissolved soon, it is just a matter of time. I believe that we should continue what we are doing to promote Dorje Shugden. Once Dorje Shugden is something that is mainstream, the ban would be gone by itself. Or maybe even if the ban is still around, many would also practice Dorje Shugden.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2013, 08:42:31 PM »
I still think that Dalai Lama is playing the role of Atisha's cook towards all dorje shugden practitioners. Atisha's cook tested Lama Atisha patience by criticising everything lama Atisha did no matter what. While everyone respected and venerated Lama Atisha his realisations and knowledge, Atish'as carried on berating Lama Atisha.

Lama Atisha took all the insults well and with a lot of patience, in fact Lama Atisha was very patient with all the berating and insults and one can see clearly the results of his practice.

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2015, 01:38:01 PM »
Dorje Shugden worshippers are not haters but rather repressed people seeking their rights to their faith and practice.

As such we still find items of reverence of the Dalai Lama at Shar Ganden.  We should all practise the middle way.