Author Topic: The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word  (Read 9448 times)

Ensapa

• Email
The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word
« on: June 29, 2013, 04:57:36 AM »
I have found more nefarious works that attack Dorje Shugden and Pabongkha Rinpoche: The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word. It was written by a sakya scholar called Dhongthog Tulku Rinpoche. He is only famous for this work as googling his name only shows him and this text together. I find it sad that someone of another lineage for obvious political reasons produce such venomous texts! What do you think about this?

Bits and pieces of the text (as i cannot find the entire ebook)
n the Introduction of this work the Sakya scholar Dongthog Tulku states:
The circumstance that led to my studying and writing on these matters was due to my appointment as librarian at Tibet House. In the early days there were not very many Tibetan books available in India. Therefore, Tibet House borrowed the collected works of the Great Fifth Dalai Lama, Yongdzin Yeshe Gyaltsen (tutor of the seventh Dalai Lama) and Thuken Chokyi Nyima from the private residence of H.H. the Dalai Lama. We also borrowed the collected works of Pawong Khapa from the lama palace of Trijang Rinpoche, and the collected works of Zhuchen Tsultrim Rinchen from the lama palace of Ngor Luding. Tibet House purchased the collected works of Kongtrul Lodo Thaye and Longdol Lama. Accordingly, our library became replete with many Tibetan books. In the course of making a modern catalogue of these books I thus had the opportunity to read many of the various books by Gadenpa Lamas. Most of these I had never read before. When I was young I had heard that Phawong Khapa promoted many sectarian discourses and even ordered some disciples to desecrate images of Guru Padma Sambhava, but at that time I could not really believe it. Now, by reading his books myself, I came to know that these reports had been true. Most of the texts that are of this sectarian nature are in Phawong Khapa’s collected works, volume Cha. These consist of letters and admonitions addressed to lamas, tulkus, geshes, Chinese and Tibetan patrons, all in promotion of this sectarian bias. Following the brief refutation that I outlined in “The Timely Shower”, I wrote still more under the title, “The Timely Flame”.

and more here:

In later years, Phawong Khapa Dechen Nyingpo introduced the rite of “Dorje Shugden Life Entrustment”. The basis of this rite derived from an illusory dream that Tagphu Pema Dorje had which he believed was a “pure vision”. Dolgyal Shugden was thus promoted to the level of a transworthy deity and adorned with the titles, “chief protector of the teachings of Manjushri-Tsongkhapa” and “war deity of the Gadenpa doctrine”. Moreover, from his own subjective viewpoint, Phawong Khapa also introduced elaborations of Shugden such as, peaceful and wrathful forms, five-family forms, and sadhanas composed in the categories of outer, inner and secret. Phawong Khapa thus disgraced the Gadenpa tradition in a magnitude as great as Mount Sumeru by establishing this tainted system of propitiation that makes Shugden more important and favored than the traditional Gadenpa guardian deities, six-armed Mahakala, Dharmaraja and Shri Mahakali Devi.
Among the Gadenpa tradition holders Penchen Lobzang Chogyen (1570-1662) was the most outstanding and is described as the second Je Rinpoche. The Great Fifth Dalai Lama was also very kind to the Gadenpa tradition. The promotion of the wrathful incarnation of Tulku Dragpa Gyaltsen, who broke his spiritual commitment with these two kind lamas, to the high level of chief guardian deity of Manjushri-Tzongkhapa’s doctrine is nothing less than perversity. It is amazing that Phawong Khapa said that even putting other Tibetan Buddhist books together with Gadenpa books is prohibited (his collected works, vol. Cha) and yet a spirit, rebirth of a Gadenpa pledge breaker, can be assigned to the rank of a Gadenpa chief guardian deity. In case one might think that the Sakyapa viewpoint regarding Shugden is compatible with Phawong Khapa’s view, I can say that it is absolutely different. As mentioned above, Sakya Dagchen Sonam Rinchen put Dolgyal under his spiritual custody. Following that, the great Sakyapa Kunga Lodo and Morchen composed texts to Shugden but it should be understood that this was a wise method to secure the obedience of this spirit. However, when it came to propitiating chief pardian deities and protective war-deities, Kunga Lodo, Morchen and their followers propitiated Mahakala, Tsaturmukha and Mahakali rather than Dolgyal Shugden.
The basic difference between the Sakyapa view and that of phawong Khapa is that the Sakya placate Shugden conditionally. providing him with offerings of food and shelter. We understand that the time is not right to eliminate him because he is still under the karmic repercussions of his wrong conduct. And even the Buddha is unable to undo Karma. Whereas Phawong Khapa (and you followers) propitiate Dolgyal with the idea that he came purposely in this degenerate time to protect the Gadenpa doctrine. Therefore, there is a great difference; like the difference between feeding a criminal who is being held in custody or assigning that criminal to a high rank and worshiping him. Additionally, the Sakyapa also preserved the Buddha Dharma and saved the people of Tibet from harm by annihilating or restricting other spirits as well. These include Shangbal, Nyagrong Bulongma and others. So, please remember this kindness.

Source: http://thedorjeshugdengroup.wordpress.com/tag/wikipedia/ (ctrl + F The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word )

http://www.nktworld.org/NKTbelieves.html

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
Wow, I personally think that this is a very interesting book to read. It would be nice to know more about this book as well as the contents of the book.

Thank you Ensapa for sharing this wonderful book and parts of the book with us.

Ensapa

• Email
Re: The Earth Shaking Thunder of True Word
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 11:41:15 AM »
Wow, I personally think that this is a very interesting book to read. It would be nice to know more about this book as well as the contents of the book.

Thank you Ensapa for sharing this wonderful book and parts of the book with us.

Well, as with the other book that was written against Dorje Shugden, Rain of Adamantine fire whose english translation has not been made available ever since 2005 when the website owners of reting.org wanted it to be translated, this book has to be bought, and thus, limiting its distribution, or perhaps, was made as a way to help generate income because if Dorje Shugden was that bad, why not distribute this for free to raise awareness? Perhaps the reason why these materials are hard to obtain is because they are not based on the truth and thus have no real power to move minds, and thus nobody really cares.