Author Topic: NEW ARTICLE! A commentary on Dorje Shugdens kawang!  (Read 21647 times)

DharmaDefender

NEW ARTICLE! A commentary on Dorje Shugdens kawang!
« on: July 11, 2013, 08:52:25 PM »
I cant think of a better name for this article! Really is Dharma demystified...its nice to recite something and know what it means, and not just do it out of faith (although faith is really powerful too). And theres just something about reciting the kanshag that really calms me down and I find quite comforting, especially when Im not feeling too great about things, you know?

Have any of you done a kanshag retreat or some sort before? Id be interested to know, its not exactly short like Dorje Shugdens mantra so Id love to know how you go on reciting 100,000 of these!

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/dharma-readings/dharma-demystified-kawang-a-confessional-practice/

Ensapa

• Email
Re: NEW ARTICLE! A commentary on Dorje Shugdens kawang!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 02:57:32 AM »
Whenever I am in times of doubt and trouble or whenever things get very hairy for me to the point where I feel lost and in darkness, and the worst part being not having anyone to turn to, I do kawang and nyitroe, and things would start to resolve themselves, or that my perspective will change within a short time and the suffering and difficulties would resolve, or suddenly I would be able to see the solution to the problem. It has always happened in this way and I really do recommend it also for my very close circle of friends to do it when they have problems that cannot be normally solved.

AnneQ

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 03:52:07 AM »
I have not specifically done a Kawang/kangshak retreat before but I do regular Serkym puja/offering to DS on my own in front of my own altar at home. And occasionally I do incorporate Kawang whenever I am particularly troubled that day or when I had encountered an unpleasant episode during the day that needed purifying. Like Ensapa, I too do find solace and a sense of relief and resolve after Kawang. The problems do not look as overwhelming as before and somehow something will happen or someone will appear soon after to help with that particular difficult situation. I have full trust and confidence in praying to DS, offering Serkym and Kawang whenever the need arises. I definitely recommend it to everyone. Even if things are going well, I still think it is of great joy to do kawang as offering to benefit the world.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 04:12:34 AM »
The Shugden kawang is one of the most efficacious prayers we can do to remove obstacles. The visualization itself is beautiful and it is clear that in the kawang we invoke the help of a higher power (the dakini representing Vajrayogini herself) to assist in removing the sources/causes of our negative actions which result in the creation of negative karma, that in turn manifest as obstacles in our life.

Each offering to Dorje Shugden represents a tranformation of negative elements that control our actions into positive ones that pleases the Protector and indeed the transformation is of the highest inner level. In addition the objects being offered are sublime representations of our good motivations and pure motives towards the Dharma and in turn we request Dorje Shugden to help us by removing our delusions (as represented of the sword) as well as other poisons.

There is no question in my mind how powerful the Dorje Shugden kawang is and this is based on very personal and direct experiences. In another thread in this Forum (Clearing curses and negativities) it has also been said that the Shugden kangsol is effective in removing problems that has been instigated by land gods/deities.

dondrup

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:04 AM »
Through Kawang, we can convert our three poisons of ignorance, anger and attachment into sublime offerings with the assistance of the dakini, an emanation of Vajrayogini.  The visualisation part also helps us to overcome our perception of impure substances like our blood, pus, urine and so on which are visualised and transformed into the wrathful sensory offerings.  In short, Kawang is a skillful and very powerful way to make offerings to Lord Dorje Shugden to purify our heavy negative karma.

The other notable aspect of the kawang is that it includes other types of offerings like the various other sensual objects, seven royal emblems, various animals like horses, elephants, frightful yaks, sheep and dogs as mounts, saffron robes, armor and shields, arrows, spears and various types of sharp weapons.  Hence, Kawang is comprehensive and complete as it includes all offerings that we can make to Lord Dorje Shugden.

Besides the above, the article also mentioned many other benefits which we can receive from doing the Kawang practice.  It is a necessary practice for all!

Diamond223

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2013, 04:31:26 AM »
The Kawang prayers of Dorje Shugden it's very powerful!!!

Many years ago, when I was facing financial problems and I came to know a friend who is DS practitioner, he knows I was having 'BIG TROUBLES' and he told me, by doing DS prayers and kawang will be very beneficial for my problems that I am facing now and it will also help my love one. At that time I don't know who is Dorje Shugden, but because my friend told me DS has helped him a lot! I started to do His prayers and kawang everyday, true enough after doing that for few months, I managed to clear some of my debts, eventually within a year I have cleared all!!!!!

Dorje Shugden is very POWERFUL! He is an Enlighten Protector! He will help us, regardless who we are, just have faith in Him and do His practice, you will see results.  :)       

RedLantern

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2013, 04:48:54 AM »
I was very fortunate to receive this practice.I read intensively to know more about Dorje Shugden and did his prayers and make offerings on my altar.I began to take Buddhism practice very seriously and live according to Buddha's teachings to the best of my ability.I have full faith and trust in the Protector who is one with the Guru.Dorje Shugden practice is very powerful to benefit others and protect them.

DS Star

« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2013, 04:52:32 AM »
Many years ago I engaged in a retreat to recite kawang of another protector but the required number was much lesser. We were required to do kawang plus serkym offerings to request for approval of a particular license which was faced with difficulties. Not to sound mystified but as soon as we finished the puja, we received news that the license was approved.

Since kawang or kangshak literally means ‘clearing of obstacles’, so it is logically that reciting this special confessional prayer will help us to purify our accumulated negative karma which otherwise will obstruct our dharma practice.

The graphic tantric visualisations can sometimes be over-whelming for the beginners but once we understand the meaning behind it, it is very meaningful as it helps us to visualise the elimination of our 3 poisons namely Ignorance, Hatred and Desire as well as their entailed negativities.

Diamond223

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »
Whenever I am in times of doubt and trouble or whenever things get very hairy for me to the point where I feel lost and in darkness, and the worst part being not having anyone to turn to, I do kawang and nyitroe, and things would start to resolve themselves, or that my perspective will change within a short time and the suffering and difficulties would resolve, or suddenly I would be able to see the solution to the problem. It has always happened in this way and I really do recommend it also for my very close circle of friends to do it when they have problems that cannot be normally solved.

Hi Ensapa,

I agreed with your comments, Dorje Shugden will help everyone of us, as long we have right motivation! By doing His prayers, lots of obstacles have been cleared and especially for those who surrender and put trust in Him, DS will guide you all the way in the spiritually path, financially and families!  :)   

fruven

« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2013, 04:59:00 AM »
My first impression of Kawang is it is very detail and very graphic at the same time. Even without the commentary, reading the Kawang text itself, one feels one is the main character in the story-like environment. It is probably easier to remember Kawang like a story similar to a song. Does the Tibetan version actually sounds like a poetry?

Also the commentary reminds me of what is happening in my mind when I read novels. As a reader I tend to visualize seeing the scenes based on how the author describe it. I do think that novel does have an impact on reader because there is an interaction going on between the author's words and reader's mind, emotions and feelings. Now with the detail commentary one does interact with the words. The effects on the practitioner become even pronounce when one combine visualization and repetitions. With the blessings from the author, who has qualities from an enlightened mind, the Kawang becomes an absolutely powerful tool for the practitioner to purify obstacles coming from one's negative karma.

AnneQ

« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2013, 05:00:27 AM »
The Shugden kawang is one of the most efficacious prayers we can do to remove obstacles. The visualization itself is beautiful and it is clear that in the kawang we invoke the help of a higher power (the dakini representing Vajrayogini herself) to assist in removing the sources/causes of our negative actions which result in the creation of negative karma, that in turn manifest as obstacles in our life.

Each offering to Dorje Shugden represents a tranformation of negative elements that control our actions into positive ones that pleases the Protector and indeed the transformation is of the highest inner level. In addition the objects being offered are sublime representations of our good motivations and pure motives towards the Dharma and in turn we request Dorje Shugden to help us by removing our delusions (as represented of the sword) as well as other poisons.

Although the visualisations of the offerings do seem very gory and violent at first to the untrained and new practitioner with a vivid imagination, once we understand the true meaning behind the purpose of the offerings, it does indeed become beautiful and mystical, almost magical to say the least, like a mysterious haunting poem or fairytale. DS to me is like the force of Good over Evil, brandishing a sword like a knight warrior cutting away at our ignorance, delusions and hatred and replacing our fears and misery with hope, joy, peace and a calm mind.

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2013, 05:02:43 AM »
First of all, thank you for writing such an easy-to-understand and comprehensive explanation about kawang. I was also told to recite kawang as it is very beneficial to remove obstacles that will hinder my dharma practice and progress. However, I could not quite understand what I was reciting or why it is so “bloody”.

After reading the article, I am awed by how beautiful the kawang is: transforming all that is negative within us into something pure and good to offer up to the Buddhas. This reminds me of the representation of the flawless white lotus that grows out of muddy water. This is probably why our kind Gurus teach us that pure Dharma is truly the most precious gift we can receive because Dharma practice can “uncontaminated” our inventory of karma and lead us towards freedom from the uncontrolled cycle of rebirth in samsara.

The practice of the kawang where Vajrayogini transforms our “ugliness” into offerings for Dorje Shugden reflects on the baffling kindness of the Buddhas especially our Lord Protector – Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden is willing to receive the worst and lowest of which we are and this mere act of acceptance from Him transforms our negativities (blood, flesh, urine, bile etc.) into goodness (clear water, food, perfume etc.)

dondrup

« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2013, 05:40:49 AM »
The graphic tantric visualisations can sometimes be over-whelming for the beginners but once we understand the meaning behind it, it is very meaningful as it helps us to visualise the elimination of our 3 poisons namely Ignorance, Hatred and Desire as well as their entailed negativities.

DS Star, i couldn't agree more the very meaningful and powerful practice of Kawang. 

There are many confessional practices but Kawang is unique because it uses many powerful tantric methods e.g. visualisations.  Tantra brings the results of the future into the present via our visualisations and hence it is a quick path to overcoming our obstacles in Dharma practice especially our three poisons!  Dorje Shugden Kawang is powerful and swift to bring us results as it taps into the blessings of Lord Dorje Shugden - the protector of this time!

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 05:55:57 AM »
The Kawang prayers of Dorje Shugden it's very powerful!!!

Many years ago, when I was facing financial problems and I came to know a friend who is DS practitioner, he knows I was having 'BIG TROUBLES' and he told me, by doing DS prayers and kawang will be very beneficial for my problems that I am facing now and it will also help my love one. At that time I don't know who is Dorje Shugden, but because my friend told me DS has helped him a lot! I started to do His prayers and kawang everyday, true enough after doing that for few months, I managed to clear some of my debts, eventually within a year I have cleared all!!!!!

Dorje Shugden is very POWERFUL! He is an Enlighten Protector! He will help us, regardless who we are, just have faith in Him and do His practice, you will see results.  :)     

Dear Diamond223, i rejoice that your practice created the merits for your problems to be resolved so swiftly. With so many challenges samsara throws at us, we are very fortunate to have the blessings of our Guru and the Buddhas to receive kawang.

However, I also wish to humbly add that effort (one of the 6 perfections (paramitas)) is very important to having our "fate" change for the better. As the practice of kawang is a good start to generate merits to battle our negative karma, we need to follow up with hard work and consistent effort to fuel our "fate" in the desired direction.

I relate this to the saying Buddha (God) can only help those who help themselves :)

DS Star

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2013, 06:00:45 AM »
First of all, thank you for writing such an easy-to-understand and comprehensive explanation about kawang. I was also told to recite kawang as it is very beneficial to remove obstacles that will hinder my dharma practice and progress. However, I could not quite understand what I was reciting or why it is so “bloody”.

After reading the article, I am awed by how beautiful the kawang is: transforming all that is negative within us into something pure and good to offer up to the Buddhas. This reminds me of the representation of the flawless white lotus that grows out of muddy water. This is probably why our kind Gurus teach us that pure Dharma is truly the most precious gift we can receive because Dharma practice can “uncontaminated” our inventory of karma and lead us towards freedom from the uncontrolled cycle of rebirth in samsara.

The practice of the kawang where Vajrayogini transforms our “ugliness” into offerings for Dorje Shugden reflects on the baffling kindness of the Buddhas especially our Lord Protector – Dorje Shugden. Dorje Shugden is willing to receive the worst and lowest of which we are and this mere act of acceptance from Him transforms our negativities (blood, flesh, urine, bile etc.) into goodness (clear water, food, perfume etc.)

Really, it is kind of funny to think we can feel this special confessional prayer which is so graphic with blood, bile, etc. is a beautiful prayer. But it is... as the so-called 'ugliness' is now transformed into beautiful offerings to Buddha or the King Dorje Shugden.

On lower level, the Kawang by itself is already so beautiful, on the higher level, this prayer actually teaching about letting go or detachment to our very body. It is a graphic visualisation of Death Meditation. And from this, we are skillfully led to realise the concept of  'emptiness' and 'impermanent'.

No wonder this prayer is very powerful... I now see that if one practice this diligently and with correct motivation, one can even obtain very high attainment merely by reciting Kawang.