Author Topic: Must be Dorje Shugden  (Read 10006 times)

christine V

• Email
Must be Dorje Shugden
« on: August 04, 2013, 07:09:35 PM »
Sharing a video found in Youtube, a gathering to practice Dorje Shugden prayer by a Mongolia's family.
The description in the Youtube "The lama put his Yidam = protector god before his chant. Seems to be Dorje Shugden."
Source:
Must be Dorj Shugden Small | Large

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: Must be Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 11:08:06 PM »
Wow, this is incredible! It shows that more people are openly practicing Dorje Shugden now. I am very happy about that information.

To me, I think that it is a Dorje Shugden thangka. At the bottom of the thangka, we could see two Buddhas that were riding on the horse. I would guess that they are Lord Setrap and Kache Marpo.

Through the video it shows that many more has accpeted Dorje Shugden already.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2013, 02:06:27 AM »
Apparently maybe people just didn't give up Dorje Shugden?  It would be nice if people would stop worrying about those of us that do the practice; what does your Manjushri look like?  If he looks like Dorje Shugden we have to throw you out?  I'm hoping people feel they can come out in the open with this practice more.

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 10:56:52 PM »
Sharing a video found in Youtube, a gathering to practice Dorje Shugden prayer by a Mongolia's family.
The description in the Youtube "The lama put his Yidam = protector god before his chant. Seems to be Dorje Shugden."

It is Dorje Shugden and wonderfully so! Dorje Shugden has had quite a special relationship with Mongolian lamas and it was the Mongolian monk Jaya Pandita who preserved much of Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's biography (namthar) and his works at a time when sentiments against Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen saw to the destruction of much of his literature and scholarly writings. Jaya Pandita was one of Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen's disciples and it was through the eyes of Jaya Pandita that Mongolian monks came to understand Dorje Shugden and the Protector's line of incarnation.

The propitiation of Dorje Shugden was furthered by another highly attained Mongolian monk, Lobsang Tamdin who identified the Chinese Emperor Kangxi as the reincarnation of Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen. [More about Lobsang Tamdin: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/enlightened-lamas-series/lobsang-tamdin-1867-1937/ ]

Another Mongolian Shugden master, one of more recent times, is Guru Deva Rinpoche who was expelled from India after he questioned the Dalai Lama's ban on the Protector. This was in spite of Guru Rinpoche having contributed significantly to the preservation of Tibetan Buddhism amongst the community in exile.  See video:

Small | Large

Mongolian monasteries are out of the CTA's jurisdiction and therefore beyond the reach of the dirty hands of politics, which is the real reason behind the ban. There never was any real religious reasons or genuine spiritual grounds for the ban. The Tibetan government in exile's ban on Dorje Shugden has created a tremendous loss for the Tibetan people themselves. So we see that where there is an absence of political maneuvering sullying the truth about Dorje Shugden, logic prevails and the practice thrives. Its really too bad for those Tibetans who choose to believe a lie so blindly and deny themselves a great Protector.

Q

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 01:46:50 PM »
What Vajratruth pointed out is true. The people in Mongolia does have a special connection with Dorje Shugden and have been practicing it strongly despite the restriction. It is not difficult to see that DS practice is widely and openly practiced in Mongolia. Take for example, our great master HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche even gave DS initiation in Mongolia. That is actually a huge thing, we're talking about the King of DS lamas, and for Trijang Rinpoche to go to Mongolia out of all the countries in the world, it would certainly mean a lot of things... some that I can think of are:

- Mongolians have huge affinity and due to their unfading practice of DS have created the merits to receive such a high lama like Trijang Rinpoche to confer DS initiations
- The fact that Trijang Rinpoche visited Mongolia must be due to the stability of the practice there that there is no risk of retaliations or even a danger to the lama's life. It means DS practice is mainstream in Mongolia.
- There are many DS monasteries in Mongolia such as the infamous Amarbayasgalant Monastery that has been practicing DS strongly since the 19th century.

Here's the article where Trijang Rinpoche conferred initiation in Mongolia. Do take notice the grandeur of the event and how massive their practice of DS is in the monastery. http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/trijang-rinpoche-conferred-dorje-shugden-initiation-in-mongolia-2011/

christine V

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 05:39:47 PM »
I am glad that from this you tube, Vajratruth and Q have explain further on the relationship of Mongolia and Dorje Shugden. It is an eye opener to know that
1) Mongolia practice DS widely
2) They are strong in believing in DS
3) H.H Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche gave initiation in Mongolia
Hopes more and more people able to practice in DS and benefited them more.
Forget about the nonsense's banned.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2013, 03:05:29 PM »
It should rightly be so, to be able to perform one's dharma practice and dharma protector's practice openly without any fear from any quarters. No one should live in fear, put down and be treated like a pariah because of one's personal choice of spiritual practice. No one has the right to infringe upon and say it is wrong to do any spiritual practice regardless of any religion. The whole world is watching the Illusory Play in action.

kris

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2013, 11:07:53 AM »
It is definitely good to see more and more people being open about practicing Dorje Shugden. From the video, I can see that the chapel is quite small but the people never give up the practice. I do hope to see more videos like this being published to let the world know about Dorje Shugden lineage, and also to give support to the practitioners who cannot openly practice!

lotus1

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2013, 04:38:34 PM »
Rejoice to see that a Mongolia family is doing prayer to Dorje Shugden with their lama. It is such a great scene to be shared as the whole family grouped together, did their prayer and be blessed by Lord Shugden.

As Trijang Rinpoche has conferred initiation in Mongolia, I am sure Dorje Shugden is spreading far and wide in Mongolia.  Can’t wait to see more video or articles of people practicing Dorje Shugden openly and hopefully one day I would be able to pray to Dorje Shugden openly with my family too.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 05:08:35 PM »
It is indeed great to see the whole family practicing Dorje Shugden. These people never give up on their beliefs in the Protector. Hope the day will come soon so that everyone can practice openly without any fear. I also hope to be able to practice Dorje Shugden openly together with my family too.

RedLantern

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 05:26:38 PM »
Wonderful to see more and more people practice Dorje Shugden after Trijang Rinpoche conferred initiation in Mongolia.Thank you Christine for sharing this video.Rejoice to the blessed Mongolian family. In publishing such videos,it will support and encourage those who cannot practice openly.The day will come when all Dorje Shugden practitioners can practice openly without fear.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 06:28:28 PM »
Dorje Shugden is no ordinary protector for this enlightened Buddha has traversed continents to spread the Dharma. Each time we propitiate Lord Shugden, like the Mongolian family, we increase the probability and speed of the ban being lifted and this beneficial practice to spread far and wide.   

Big Uncle

« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
Actually, the relationship with Mongolia started with Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen. I read that there was a fallout between some the Mongol patrons with the Great Fifth Dalai Lama because the Dalai Lama seemed to be patronising and engaging in Nyingma lamas and practices. Mongols by tradition are extremely strict Gelugs and were thus offended with the Dalai Lama's dabbling with the Nyingmas. So, more and more Mongol rich and royal patrons began to favour and seek the other High Lama, Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen, who had a reputation for being a stickler to Gelug teachings. The conservative demeanor of this Lama pleased and attracted even more patrons and students from Mongolia. This connection grew and some of the surviving biographies and autobiographies of Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen are surviving only because of Mongol lamas (mentioned by Vajratruth) had kept it while in Tibet, all traces were systematically wiped out by the government of the Gaden Podrang.

pgdharma

« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2014, 01:10:11 AM »
Mongolia is out of CTA jurisdiction and the Mongolians are able to practice freely without any fear of being ostracized. It is good to see this whole family gathering together to propitiate Dorje Shugden. May more and more people benefit from Dorje Shugden and may the ban be lifted soon!

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2015, 05:19:48 PM »
After viewing the video, I am quite sure it is a Dorje Shugden thangka.  In Mongolia they practise at will as the government is not CTA.

It is a country that the current HH Trijang Rinpoche visits.  Hurray for Mongolia.