Author Topic: H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche will be visiting Singapore!!!  (Read 10961 times)

dsiluvu

H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche will be visiting Singapore!!!
« on: August 15, 2013, 09:09:45 PM »
Have you heard and seen this? H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is heading to Singapore!!! Wow... it looks like H.E. Zong Rinpoche has started to turn the wheel of dharma outside of India.

Looks like H.E. has come to his ripe age to start spreading dharma again and it's quite amazing to see this current incarnation of such an erudite master... who is a Dorje Shugden practitioner less us forget. And if Dorje Shugden practice can bring us to the lower realms, then why is H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche back? I wonder if Kyabje Zong Rinpoche still practices our protector?

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
Re: H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche will be visiting Singapore!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 10:30:53 PM »
It is just great that Zong Rinpoche would be going to Singapore to hold this puja. It is just great that for the people in Singapore that there is such a great master that is going down to teach and conduct pujas, spreading Dharma in that little red dot.

I really hope that Zong Rinpoche still practices Dorje Shugden practices strongly.

Pilgrim

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2013, 07:30:53 AM »
I guess H.E. would also be giving a talk, would be great if this could be filmed and shared!

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 11:36:57 AM »
It is truly fantastic and rejoicing news! Another young incarnate high lama turning the wheel of dharma. I hope this auspicious event will be video taped and shared for the benefit of all who are less fortunate not to be there.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 05:53:35 PM »
H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is invited by a center name Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling (GSDPL) , which have 3000 current members. In their list of "Our Teachers" H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is one of their teacher.
On their webpage, they declare clearly that they do not practice Dorje Shugden. But, in the introduction on H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, they did mentioned that " Rinpoche was guided by the then 14 year-old Venerable Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche"
Enrolment into prestigious Gaden Shartse Monastic University
In 1916, after Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was recognized as the new incarnation of Zongtrul Tenpa Chopel, the 11 year-old made a long and arduous journey to central Tibet. He came to study at Gaden Monastery, one of Tibet’s great monastic universities. Upon enrolment, Zong Rinpoche was guided by the then 14 year-old Venerable Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, and Kyabje Trijiang Rinpoche also became the chief mentor of Zong Rinpoche.
Source: http://www.drophenling.com/our-teachers/h-e-kyabje-zong-rinpoche/

I find it quite ...speechless,  if H.E Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was guided by H.E Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, and H.E Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is known practicing Dorje Shugden.. and in our lineage we should follow the Guru lineage.. while this page saying they are free from Dorje Shugden practice, what does it mean? Can some one enlighten me on this.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2013, 07:38:04 AM »
H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is invited by a center name Gaden Shartse Dro-Phen Ling (GSDPL) , which have 3000 current members. In their list of "Our Teachers" H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche is one of their teacher.
On their webpage, they declare clearly that they do not practice Dorje Shugden. But, in the introduction on H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, they did mentioned that " Rinpoche was guided by the then 14 year-old Venerable Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche"
Enrolment into prestigious Gaden Shartse Monastic University
In 1916, after Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was recognized as the new incarnation of Zongtrul Tenpa Chopel, the 11 year-old made a long and arduous journey to central Tibet. He came to study at Gaden Monastery, one of Tibet’s great monastic universities. Upon enrolment, Zong Rinpoche was guided by the then 14 year-old Venerable Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, and Kyabje Trijiang Rinpoche also became the chief mentor of Zong Rinpoche.
Source: http://www.drophenling.com/our-teachers/h-e-kyabje-zong-rinpoche/

I find it quite ...speechless,  if H.E Kyabje Zong Rinpoche was guided by H.E Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, and H.E Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche is known practicing Dorje Shugden.. and in our lineage we should follow the Guru lineage.. while this page saying they are free from Dorje Shugden practice, what does it mean? Can some one enlighten me on this.

Maybe they are just waiting for permission like Trijang Rinpoche's reincarnation got from the Dalai Lama before they begin to practice?  Or for the ban to lift?  At any rate, the former incarnation of Zong Rinpoche always seemed to me like he was an actual emanation of Dorje Shugden. 

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »
I am pretty sure Kyabje Zong Rinpoche practices Dorje Shugden privately. Like Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, how could this great master forsake his own lineage. That's not possible and I am pretty sure he's keeping it secret because he he has responsibilities within the monastery to fulfil that he can't drop everything and run off to Shar Gaden. I am pretty sure he would like to but he can't.

I am sure he is not alone and that there are many other lamas in similar situation, caught by circumstances. However, unlike his counterpart Trijang Rinpoche,  he may not have the Dorje Shugden sogtae. I heard that he is in close contact with Trijang Rinpoche though. This is just like his previous life as they have been very close. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche in this life is very much an erudite scholar and debater.  He is one of the best scholars which is very much like his previous life. The Dalai Lama himself compliments his scholarly abilities.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 12:06:56 AM »
Goddamn bloody hypocrites. Scuse my French but what do these guys think their playing at? Come on! Your clearly against Dorje Shugden so why are you promoting someone whose previous incarnation is WELL KNOWN to have practised Dorje Shugden until his final days? Dont forget that the previous Zong Rinpoche entered clear light BEFORE the ban so theres no way hed have renounced the practice and given it up!

And hey ein minuten bitte right. If he practised Dorje Shugden in his previous life, how comes hes back in this one all ready to rock and roll and teach the world? How comes hes not in one of three lower realms? How comes their willing to receive teachings from someone whose incarnation should not exist?

Thus I return to my point - goddamn bloody hypocrites!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 09:37:32 AM »
HH Zong Rinpoche is the unmistaken incarnation of the previous Zong Rinpoche, who was a powerful Dorje Shugden lama. Like in HH Trijang Rinpoche's case, this again proves that Dorje Shugden is not a demon because if anyone does demon practices, they would be incarnated in the hell realms.

If HH Zong Rinpoche's previous incarnation was a strong Dorje Shugden practitioner, it is of course expected that his current incarnation would be also. However, since this current incarnation was no doubt brought up under a monastic  environment where Dorje Shugden is seen as the devil incarnate, I wonder if he would have received the practice, albeit privately? And if so, from whom?

I have read that Zong Rinpoche is an erudite scholar and top debater and is already exhibiting his characteristics from his previous incarnation. This reincarnation just goes to prove that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, and nothing less.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

dsiluvu

« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:09:43 PM »
Goddamn bloody hypocrites. Scuse my French but what do these guys think their playing at? Come on! Your clearly against Dorje Shugden so why are you promoting someone whose previous incarnation is WELL KNOWN to have practised Dorje Shugden until his final days? Dont forget that the previous Zong Rinpoche entered clear light BEFORE the ban so theres no way hed have renounced the practice and given it up!

And hey ein minuten bitte right. If he practised Dorje Shugden in his previous life, how comes hes back in this one all ready to rock and roll and teach the world? How comes hes not in one of three lower realms? How comes their willing to receive teachings from someone whose incarnation should not exist?

Thus I return to my point - goddamn bloody hypocrites!

Yeah it's really quite hilarious now that you mentioned it... and I wonder does these people ever "THINK"? It is really wonderful to see HH Zong Choktrul Rinpoche starting to turn the wheel of Dharma again and traveling out of Gaden to spread the Dharma. But yeah... if he has not sworn out in His previous incarnation then it would mean He is still a practitioner.

A thought also came to mind, H.E. Zong Choktrul Rinpoche had to go out of Gaden to teach and I am not trying to presumptuous but when a High Lama like this goes out of the country to teach, they usually are going out of their way to raise funds for the monastery. If this is the case... where is the "Abbot" of Gaden Shartse??? 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2013, 06:09:05 PM »
The previous Zong Rinpoche was a master of Sutra and Tantra a master who was in full control of not only his senses but also where he took rebirth. So I really do think Zong Rinpoche despite being the immaculate Dorje Shugden practitioner chose to be in Gaden Monastery to serve a purpose, perhaps to one day bring a unification of the Gelug tradition once more.

Zong Rinpoche has been a devout and strong practitioner of Dorje Shudgen for many lifetimes, as they say a vessel that has been used to garlic even if you wash it, the smell of the garlic still lingers. So it is just a matter of time that Zong Chocktrul Rinpoche returns to the Dorje Shugden fold.

Rinchen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2013, 06:20:23 PM »
HH Zong Rinpoche is the unmistaken incarnation of the previous Zong Rinpoche, who was a powerful Dorje Shugden lama. Like in HH Trijang Rinpoche's case, this again proves that Dorje Shugden is not a demon because if anyone does demon practices, they would be incarnated in the hell realms.

If HH Zong Rinpoche's previous incarnation was a strong Dorje Shugden practitioner, it is of course expected that his current incarnation would be also. However, since this current incarnation was no doubt brought up under a monastic  environment where Dorje Shugden is seen as the devil incarnate, I wonder if he would have received the practice, albeit privately? And if so, from whom?

I have read that Zong Rinpoche is an erudite scholar and top debater and is already exhibiting his characteristics from his previous incarnation. This reincarnation just goes to prove that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha, and nothing less.

With all these, it is already concrete proof that Dorje Shugden is not a demon, and the practices, therefore not demonic. Like what Wisdom Being said, if these high masters really practices demonic practices, why would they be back again? Why are they not in the hell realm now?

it is definite that Dorje Shugden is an enlightened protector, all the odds are all pointing in that direction. I guess do not understand why some people are just not able to see this fact.

I believe that Zong Rinpoche has not given up his protector practices, and he secretly practices it. I am just really curious who has given the practice to Zong Rinpoche.

lotus1

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2013, 10:50:10 AM »

Agreed. The previous Zong Rinpoche is a strong practitioner of Dorje Shugden. There is a video showing that Geshe Tsultrim Gyeltsen of Thubten Dhargye Ling Centre in Los Angeles, California requesting Dorje Shugden initiation from His Holiness Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. Zong Rinpoche also gave advice on Dorje Shugden. (http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/four-important-videos/)

Since Zong Rinpoche is returned and the current Zong Rinpoche is exhibiting the previous Zong Rinpoche’s characteristics, this definitely is a strong evident to us that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha!

Rejoice to hear that Zong Rinpoche is turning the wheel of Dharma and I can’t wait for him to give advice on Dorje Shugden again.

Rihanna

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2013, 05:03:22 AM »
This is such a good news to know! H.E. Kyabje Zong Rinpoche finally traveling to turn the wheel of Dharma for the benefit of all sentient beings.

As to whether Zong Rinpoche practices Dorje Shugden or not, i feel it does not matter in this thread. The most important subject will be that Zong Rinpoche has started to turn the wheel of Dharma and a lot of people who are going to attend his talk will be able to benefit from Zong Rinpoche's teachings and the amount of blessings the people will be able to collect from this virtue!

If we keep on speculating, it will only create obstacle for Zong Rinpoche to move around in future to teach as the CTA or Gaden Monastery will take precautionary actions to prevent Zong Rinpoche from traveling in future. Well of course this worry will not be relevant anymore should Zong Rinpoche receive the same authorization to practice the practice of Dorje Shugden just like Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2013, 05:24:06 PM »
I wonder if HH Zong Choktrul Rinpoche would get that dubious exemption of being permitted to practice Dorje Shugden. Why  i say dubious is because surely it is not up to anyone, high lama or not, to allow or disallow a practice that has been given to us. One of the most basic human rights is the ability to have freedom of religion - of course, as long as that religion does not hurt anyone. As far as I have been reading about Dorje Shugden for the past few years, this practice has not harmed anyone, and there is no basis for the ban, so how can people support a negative decree with no foundation?

I hope that these young Dorje Shugden lamas will lift the ban and change the world as they come of age!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being