Author Topic: China Lifts 17-year Ban on Dalai Lama Photos at Tibet Monastery  (Read 10905 times)

icy

Re: China Lifts 17-year Ban on Dalai Lama Photos at Tibet Monastery
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2013, 03:24:17 AM »
The escalating issue of self-immolations in Tibet had led to a co-ordinated private meeting between President Xi and the Dalai Lama in June this year in Switzerland.  Both parties have worked out  some kind of agreement for the reason China is lifting the ban on Dalai Lama Photos at Tibetan Monastery to ease tension in the Tibetan region.  The attributing factor for self-immolations which is of course the protest for freedom of Tibet and return of the Dalai Lama.  During the meeting with President Xi, the Dalai Lama said he was seeking self-autonomy with Chinese rule for Tibet but his representative to China, the Dalai Lama's brother had misrepresented him to China for independence which caused the deadlock up to today. 

During this private meeting the shift of the villain is from Dorje Shugden to the Dalai Lama's brother.

fruven

« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2013, 05:03:45 PM »
At surface level it is seems to be a good change on China's part. Due to past actions of China's political leaders people might be doubtful of this change of heart. It may be a political move to win over Tibetans' heart. This is a soft approach which I think is the better way of influencing people over.

Lineageholder

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2013, 07:25:24 AM »
Does this mean that the Dalai Lama and the CTA will stop glorifying self-immolation and encouraging people to kill themselves for the cause of Tibet?

hope rainbow

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2013, 12:22:58 AM »
The escalating issue of self-immolations in Tibet had led to a co-ordinated private meeting between President Xi and the Dalai Lama in June this year in Switzerland.  Both parties have worked out  some kind of agreement for the reason China is lifting the ban on Dalai Lama Photos at Tibetan Monastery to ease tension in the Tibetan region.  The attributing factor for self-immolations which is of course the protest for freedom of Tibet and return of the Dalai Lama.  During the meeting with President Xi, the Dalai Lama said he was seeking self-autonomy with Chinese rule for Tibet but his representative to China, the Dalai Lama's brother had misrepresented him to China for independence which caused the deadlock up to today. 

During this private meeting the shift of the villain is from Dorje Shugden to the Dalai Lama's brother.

Does anyone know the name of the Dalai Lama's brother who was missioned to China?

lotus1

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2013, 09:07:16 PM »
This is great news. Thanks Dharmaspace for sharing!
This is a step forward to religious freedom by the China since HH Dalai Lama has always been viewed as causing the split and disharmony in China due to his stand to free Tibet from China. Maybe this is a good sign that China is showing that they are not mixing politics into religion.
On the other hand, should it also showing signs that HH Dalai Lama would be lifting the ban for Dorje Shugden too?

Rihanna

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 10:01:53 AM »
[Isn't this news from Reuters?? I think Dharmaspace obtained the news from this link. Since Reuters is an international news agency, I will assume that their information is accurate. *fingers crossed*

https://www.google.com/search?q=China+Lifts+17-year+Ban+on+Dalai+Lama+Photos+at+Tibet+Monastery&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a  ]

Hey Dharmaspace,

I am really glad to hear of this news, but please could you provide the original source url of the article? I have heard this news awhile back regarding the Chinese authorities relaxing their mandate on HH the Dalai Lama's picture and then the Chinese issued a statement saying it was not true. I do hope it is true this time round because it is about time.

It would be interesting to see if the Dorje Shugden monasteries in Tibet, China, put up HH the Dalai Lama's photos if it is permitted to do so.
[/quote]

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
When China lifted the ban of displaying HH Dalai Lama picture, did this happen when His Holiness resigned from being the Head of Tibet but remained as a spiritual head of Tibetan Buddhism?

Does anyone know of any official news or document stating the reason why China lifted the 17 year old ban now?

Galen

• Email
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2013, 08:28:48 AM »

This is really moving to the right direction!!! I am really happy to read that the Dalai Lama has met up with President Xi for a meeting on Tibet. At least it is one step further in clearing some confusion on the Tibet/China state. Funny that how all these years of tension is caused by the miscommunication between the Dalai Lama's brother and the Chinese Govt.?? Or is this another story created to buy more time? And ya, Icy, the villain has now shifted to the brother.

Anyways, it is really good news that the Dalai Lama's pictures is allowed to be displayed in Gaden Monastery in Tibet. It is the largest monastery during it's hey days!! The Chinese government doesn't seem to be stubborn all this while, you can see now that they are giving more space for reconciliation between the two countries. No doubt that since the Chinese "invasion", China has brought lots of development into Tibet, improving public facilities and increasing the living standard of Tibetans. Furthermore, the Tibetan's are allowed to practice their religion of their choice.

Let's hope that the Tibetans living in exile will be able to live and practice freely soon with this step to the right direction.

DharmaSpace

DharmaSpace

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2013, 09:22:50 AM »
This is a denial of the news but even BBC would not bet all the pound sterling on this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-23094994

Well China does seem to behave like Facebook at times, they can change their policies in a whim if it suits and benefits them. So unlike CTA stuck in the past *sigh*, no future for these guys and the Tibetans they claim they represent.

dondrup

« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2013, 09:46:56 AM »
It is simply unbelievable that the Chinese Communist Government (CCG) had reversed the 17-year old ban! The CCG is very cautious and apprehensive when it comes to implementing policies for Tibet Autonomous Region. This seems like a calculated move and it will definitely ease the tensions between the Tibetans and the CCG after all the self-immolations protests against the Chinese rule.

CCG had already gained a firm physical control of Tibet Autonomous Region.  Now it is merely a matter of managing the mind of the Tibetans. Since HH Dalai Lama is highly revered by the Tibetans, lifting the ban seems the most logical thing to do to appease the Tibetans! There is more to gain than to loose with the implementation of this policy.

Even the hard core CCG can change to accommodate the Tibetans for the sake of peace and stability. Why can’t the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) lift the ban on Dorje Shugden to bring forth happiness and especially to reunite all the Tibetans?  Dorje Shugden Practice is a matter of religious freedom and personal choice. Do you CTA want the Tibetans to continue to suffer?

Lift the ban on Dorje Shugden now!  Otherwise the ‘real’ enemy for the Tibetans will be CTA rather than the CCG!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2013, 11:09:27 AM »
I used to think when you are small you will be nimble and able to adapt to changes pretty fast.

In the case of CTA it is the opposite they are small and useless, slow to change, archaic and make policies that are from medieval novels. My goodness CTA move faster before u miss the train. i have never seen a David Goliath story that is so so lopsided. *shakes head*

Thank goodness I am not a Tibetan I'll be dead before CTA makes any constructive move for Tibetan independence. Whatever stance you took is clearly not working for you, time to do the OPPOSITE. The only thing the CTA has not tried is lifting the ban, it is not rocket science you know, you don't need to go to Harvard to make a different decision. Oh my god how clear must the decision be made clear to you guys?