Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Indonesian Site - has gone Live!!!  (Read 16202 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Dorje Shugden Indonesian Site - has gone Live!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2013, 08:18:12 PM »
Before Hinduism or Buddhism staged an entry into Indonesia, the people of the country were the worshippers of nature and its components. Trees, stones and many other such things were believed to have supernatural power. Then, in the 2nd century, Hinduism became the first religion to make inroads into Indonesia. The first two major kingdom of Indonesia - Tarumanegara in Western Java and Kutai in Western Borneo - were Hindu.

A few centuries later, Buddhism emerged on the religious scene of Indonesia and became the second religion of the country. Buddhism reached its zenith during the reign of Sriwijaya's dynasty which at that point of time was the largest Buddhist Kingdom in the South East Asia. This period saw the construction of number of Buddhist colleges and monasteries. Also, renowned Buddhist scholars Dharmapala and Sakyakirti taught in these colleges and monasteries.

What great news now that the Lord Shugden practitioners from Indonesia are able to learn more and support the practice. What else can be happier to see the great protector practices expanded and able to cater to the needs of many .

Thanks for a wonderful and concise history of how Buddhism came to Indonesia. It is very interesting. I must say I have not read much on this topic and I am interested in the scholars Dharmapala and Sakyakirti. Are they Indians who came to teach or are they Indonesia masters that arose from these great monastic institutions? This would be very interesting to know.

michaela

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »
Dear friends

The motivation of creating Dorje Shugden Indonesian website is to clear out misconception about Dorje Shugden.  The translator, just like many others DS followers, admire DS and Dalai Lama at the same time.  She could not understand or accepted the fact that Dalai Lama that she admires imposed a ban on her favorite deity.  But she trusts her Lama and Trijang Rinpoche.  So the purpose of translating this website is so that she can learn and fill in the blank in her understanding and to benefit others who are in the similar situation like her that due to language limitation hold wrong view on this Dharma Protector and/ or Dalai Lama. 

At the same time, the author has felt the benefit of Dorje Shugden practice and wish to share these with her fellow countrymen and women.

much love and care

Michaela

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2013, 12:11:13 PM »
Dear friends

The motivation of creating Dorje Shugden Indonesian website is to clear out misconception about Dorje Shugden.  The translator, just like many others DS followers, admire DS and Dalai Lama at the same time.  She could not understand or accepted the fact that Dalai Lama that she admires imposed a ban on her favorite deity.  But she trusts her Lama and Trijang Rinpoche.  So the purpose of translating this website is so that she can learn and fill in the blank in her understanding and to benefit others who are in the similar situation like her that due to language limitation hold wrong view on this Dharma Protector and/ or Dalai Lama. 

At the same time, the author has felt the benefit of Dorje Shugden practice and wish to share these with her fellow countrymen and women.

much love and care

Michaela

Thank you very much Michaela and the wonderful translator for all your hard work. Having faith in your Lama and Trijang Rinpoche will eventually bear fruits to benefit many.

I do not have much knowledge about Buddhism in Indonesia and even if I did, I obviously returned it to my high school history teacher.  ;D But because of this posting, I Google on discovered so much of information and understand better now the history of Buddhism.

Thank you.  :)

Rihanna

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2013, 04:38:42 AM »
Wow well done and Congratulations! It must have been alot of work to do all the translations. According to Wikipedia, as per the 2000 national census, roughly 0.8% of the total citizens of Indonesia were Buddhists and numbered around 1.7 million. I am sure the number must have grown significantly over the last 13 years. But even if 1% of the 1.7 million Buddhist is able to have access to dorjeshugden.com, then there are additional 17,000 people who will receive the blessings. And do not forget the multipyling effect it will have!

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2013, 05:41:29 AM »
Congratulations to the hardworking team behind the Indonesian Dorje Shugden site. Due to your effort and time, Dorje Shugden is being made known to people of Indonesia. May their minds be filled with teachings and practice of our holy Protector. For with more knowledge and understanding of Shugden practice, they would not be displaced with the incorrect comments spread by those anti Shugden groups. May you continue to have more informative articles translated to Indonesian language.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 07:01:44 PM »
I have to say this is rather surprising as Indonesia would be one of the last place one would think about Buddhism nevertheless Dorje Shudgen. I guess with media and internet these days one can really reach any countries around the world. Wonder if there are any Dorje Shugden lamas and practitioners in Africa?....

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »
Dear friends

much love and care

Michaela

This is brilliant news! We do not readily associate Indonesia with Buddhism and yet so much of the Dharma that we learn today, flows from Lama Atisha who studied under his guru, Serlingpa in Indonesia. And now to have DorjeShugden.com take the Dharma back to Indonesia seems fitting. I bet the CTA and those anti-Shugden people did not see this coming - that awareness of this great Protector would go to one of the most populous countries in the world today.

What Michaela wrote is of utmost importance. When the world at large are given facts about Dorje Shugden, then they can quite easily dismiss and with confidence, the lies told of the protector, by the process of reasoning and logical analysis. In any language the reasons given by the Dalai Lama and the CTA for the Shugden ban does  not make sense and the more people know, the more they can see that the ban is sheer lunacy if not idiocy.

Thank you to all responsible for bringing about DS in Indonesia.

Manjushri

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 06:27:10 AM »
Great! Another group of devoted practitioners out there to reveal the truth to the world, and to their own kind. There is no coincidence that the practice of Dorje Shugden is growing despite the imposed ban from His Holiness. Thank you so much for your time and effort. I am sure our Indonesian speaking friends will truly benefit from all your hardwork to portray the truth of an unjust ban. It must be out of great devotion that you have towards your lama, Dorje Shugden and all the lineage lamas to have gone to these great lengths to achieve what you have. May you, out of your pure compassion and devotion, be eternally blessed by the three jewels. Your efforts will fruition into a bigger result.

"Buddhism is the second oldest religion in Indonesia. Buddhism came to Indonesia a few hundred years after Hinduism. It reached its peak at the time of the Sriwijaya's dynasty rule, which was once the largest Buddhist kingdom in South East Asia, from around the 7th century until the 14th century. During that time, many Buddhist colleges and monasteries were built, and famous Buddhist scholars, such as Dharmapala and Sakyakirti, were teaching there. Another major Buddhist kingdom was the Mataram kingdom, which was ruled by the Sailendra clan during the eight and ninth century in Central Java. Many Buddhist temples were built and Buddhist texts were inscribed on the stones tablets (called prasasti) during this time.

The best known of these temples is Borobudur one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Borobudur represents three views of the universe according to the Indian Vajrayana tradition. The apex of the structure is a stupa, which represents the concept of Emptiness or Sunnata. Every year on the full moon in May, the Vesak celebration (called Tri Suci Waisak in Bahasa Indonesian), commemorating the birth, enlightenment, and passing away of the Buddha is held at Borobudur."

quoted from: http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/buddhistworld/indo-txt.htm

There is also a 10-day celebration of Buddhism in Indonesia wich is hosted every five years. The most recent one was in June, 21-30th 2013.

maricisun

• Email
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 04:11:23 PM »
It is really amazing and exciting that Dorje Shugden has a site in Indonesia. How fortunate for the people of Indonesia to be able to practice without any fear. May all practitioners be blessed by Dorje Shugden - the Enlighten Protector.

thor

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 10:02:17 AM »
Very nice work by the dorjeshugden.com team to share knowledge of Dorje Shugden and the difficulties of the current situation with the Indonesian-speaking world. That's another 200+ million people in the 4th most populous country in the world. Smart move indeed.

Now what I'd like to see next is a Spanish language Dorje Shugden website. That's 400+ million more people in over 25 countries.

Imagine what that would do in terms of international pressure on the two-faced Tibetan administration to do something about this ridiculous Shugden ban!

shugdenpromoter

• Email
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 02:45:53 PM »
Dear Administrator of this website,

Can you please list down what you need to expand to more languages for this website?

I have benefitted greatly from this website, my doubts initially has cleared and my faith Shugden has grow tremendously over the last 5 years mainly attributed to the FACTS & INFORMATION this website has. Plus, I have friends who are now strong Shugden followers because of this website.

I am sure not only myself will want to contribute but a whole lots of readers out there will want to support.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »
There are not many online sites that will offer DS information without bias and to report proven findings without spreading baseless rumors around and in a language that the respective country can understand.

This is a priceless online website that will promote the DS teachings and its effectiveness to many who seek help to their problem and relief ignorance.

metta girl

« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2013, 11:04:35 AM »
Rejoice for the Indonesians!!..you all are so fortunate to have access to DS website in your own language....Many will benefit from here and also will learn more about DS and the truth.May Buddhism  spread far and wide and reached out to every sentient beings.Om Benza Wiki Bitana Soha.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 08:50:02 PM »
Thank you for sharing such a great news Michaela! It's always a pleasure to know that Lord Dorje Shugden's practise has again benefited so many people in this region. I strongly believe that many more will be benefited, Lord Dorje Shugden does exist and when you believe in Him strongly and sincerely, most of us will see signs or miracles.

Shugdener

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2015, 01:56:25 PM »
Congratulations once again to the team behind dorjeshugden.com for bringing DS anohter step further for the Dprje Shugden practitioners of Indonesia.

It is thanks to you that the Dorje Shugden practitioners around the world alike have access to the treasure trove of knowledge on Dorje Shugden and all things related to Dorje Shugden.

You give us resources such as prayer sheets, wallet cards and etc to print and apart from that you are translating the highly powerful teachings of Dorje Shugden lama's to many languages for our convenience.

I simply just can't think of what to expect next... Can't wait!