Author Topic: Geshe Kelsang teaching in Portugal:)  (Read 15277 times)

thor

Re: Geshe Kelsang teaching in Portugal:)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2013, 06:50:39 AM »
Drubchen Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche will be 84, and has said they are older in the Tibetan calendar. Trijang Dorjechang left at age 81 by the western calendar. Let us pray he continues to be with us transmitting the blessings through teaching, but, if he does leave, the uncommon yoga teaching is quite the send off!

The uncommon yoga has traditionally only been allowed to be given to 3 or 7 people at a time and it was very difficult to receive. I believe it was put into a booklet from an oral transmission by Geshe Rabten (?) a long time ago. However, now, not only did Venerable Geshe-la prepare the sadhana, he made his own teaching notes into a booklet, and proceeded to give a detailed transmission publicly to 7000+ people, many of whom do not even have Highest Yoga Tantra empowerment. This is not only an indication of the times or his tremendous kindness to give it so when they do have initiation they can practice, but it is an indication that many people have amazing karma to achieve Dakiniland very soon, and that my friends is a very wonderful thing indeed!

I pray that Geshe-la stays with us to turn the Wheel of Dharma. It is a critical time for the lineage of Dorje Shugden with great reincarnated teachers of the past not yet coming into their prime (Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, Geshe Rabten, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Denma Gonsar Rinpoche, Zawa Tulku, Lama Yeshe), some who have yet to return (Dagom Rinpoche, Khejok Rinpoche, Guru Deva Rinpoche) and only a few attained masters left to keep the lineage together while awaiting the next wave of teachers (Gangchen Rinpoche, Gonsar Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang). Geshe-la singlehandedly with his students built up the New Kadampa Tradition which sadly, is possibly the only group of Dharma centers strongly propitiating Shugden's practice on a global scale. It is really very important for all us students to pray for Geshe-la's long life and good health that he remains with us at this critical time when the ban is still in place and not yet lifted.

Here's a nice tribute to Geshe-la, and I thank dorjeshugden.com for creating awareness and praying for Geshe-la's long life http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/tributes/a-tribute-to-geshe-kelsang-gyatso/

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2013, 06:28:39 AM »
Thanks for sharing the video clip, icy. Rejoice for the people who are so fortunate to be able to attend the teaching of such a illustrious teacher. There is just so much charisma radiating from Geshe la. It is no surprise that there are more than a thousand NKT centres worldwide due to Geshe la's care and kindness. It is a well known fact that Geshe Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche has gone against the order of HHDL to stop worshipping Dorje Shugden because of the claim that Dorje Shugden is a demon. I find it very hard to believe that a demon worshipper (as accused by HHDL) has so much compassion and kindness in the tiny and frail body. Geshe la's advice to us to develop wisdom within us is greatly important. May I be able to have the wisdom and strength to continue with practice that my kind teacher have given me. I pray that Geshe la and all the great high lamas have  good health and strong life to continue to guide all beings to liberation.

Rihanna

« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2013, 09:12:50 AM »
It is very rejoicing to read that 7,000 Dorje Shugden practitioners congregated in one place at the same time. So beautiful to be able to receive teachings again on the  Perfection of Wisdom Sutra in the breathtaking hills of Sintra with an explanation of how to use this teaching to solve the problems of daily life and accomplish deep inner peace. Buddha delivered on Massed Vultures Mountain in India over 2,500 years ago. 

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2013, 09:35:58 AM »
I heard from a friend who attended saying it could have been more than 7000 people there! Imagine, more than 7000 Shugdenpa under one big tent and receiving such powerful teachings and empowerment. May Venerable Geshe Kelsang Gyatso live very long!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 07:07:49 AM »
Imagine 7000 teachers armed with Lamrim and Dorje Shugden, how powerful is that for NKT to go around the world spreading Nagarjuna's views and Lama Tsongkhapa way of practice.

CTA are you reading this now, you can't even get 7000 people to attend your rallies if it were not something that is related to the Dalai Lama. CTA Dorje Shugden has been unleashed to the world and there will be more and more benefit for everyone concerned. Get out of the way of the protector who will wield Manjushri's power on Earth.

pgdharma

« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2013, 09:10:59 AM »
Venerable Geshe Kelsang’s teachings have touched the hearts and minds of many and he brought Dorje Shugden practice to so many which resulted in so many dharma centers flourishing worldwide. So how can Dorje Shugden practice be bad when it is flourishing rapidly and gaining more practitioners? And the big turn out of more than 7,000 DS practitioners there to attend his teachings! Venerable Geshe la is truly a practitioner of the correct lineage and I pray for his long life.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 04:22:38 PM »
Its fascinating how even in a country like Portugal, such huge crowd turned up for teaching by a Tibetan Lama. It's amazing how a religion typically associated with Asia is receiving such huge audience in Western countries today. If China did not invade Tibet this May not be the case. Tibetan Buddhism may not have spread across America and Europe like it is today. If Dalai Lama did not ban Dorje Shugden, it may remained a quiet practice in some Tibetan monastery and this website may not have started and all these information and tales of Dorje Shugden may continue to be unheard by many around the world.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2013, 03:30:44 AM »
Buddhist Festival apart from the spiritual value it is very good to let the masses know that there is  buddhist practitioners and teachings in a particular part of that world. Well especially in a non Buddhist nation like Portugal.

Rejoice that Geshela is still bring his bodhisattva like work all over the world and to show a great example for his students and people all over the world. He is so old yet he benefits others through his teachings and spreading Dorje Shugden lineage. May you live another billion years for migrators.

In the same breath can everyone see that despite the ban, Dorje Shugden is still spreading all over the world?

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2013, 05:02:15 PM »
Imagine 7000 teachers armed with Lamrim and Dorje Shugden, how powerful is that for NKT to go around the world spreading Nagarjuna's views and Lama Tsongkhapa way of practice.

Teachers who are equipped with powerful knowledge to transmit teachings, the essence of Tibet - Tibetan Buddhism. Nowadays, Tibetan Buddhism is not only for Tibetans. Look at teachers like Gen-la Kelsang Dekyong in video below. I am all for new age of Tibetan Buddhism - just Buddhism, minus the Tibetan politics. Don't you agree?

Each year, Gen-la Dekyong teaches at the International Festivals, National Festivals, and Dharma Celebrations throughout the world.

Resolva seus problemas com amor

dsiluvu

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2013, 06:21:01 AM »
Drubchen Kelsang Gyatso Rinpoche will be 84, and has said they are older in the Tibetan calendar. Trijang Dorjechang left at age 81 by the western calendar. Let us pray he continues to be with us transmitting the blessings through teaching, but, if he does leave, the uncommon yoga teaching is quite the send off!

The uncommon yoga has traditionally only been allowed to be given to 3 or 7 people at a time and it was very difficult to receive. I believe it was put into a booklet from an oral transmission by Geshe Rabten (?) a long time ago. However, now, not only did Venerable Geshe-la prepare the sadhana, he made his own teaching notes into a booklet, and proceeded to give a detailed transmission publicly to 7000+ people, many of whom do not even have Highest Yoga Tantra empowerment. This is not only an indication of the times or his tremendous kindness to give it so when they do have initiation they can practice, but it is an indication that many people have amazing karma to achieve Dakiniland very soon, and that my friends is a very wonderful thing indeed!

I pray that Geshe-la stays with us to turn the Wheel of Dharma. It is a critical time for the lineage of Dorje Shugden with great reincarnated teachers of the past not yet coming into their prime (Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, Geshe Rabten, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Denma Gonsar Rinpoche, Zawa Tulku, Lama Yeshe), some who have yet to return (Dagom Rinpoche, Khejok Rinpoche, Guru Deva Rinpoche) and only a few attained masters left to keep the lineage together while awaiting the next wave of teachers (Gangchen Rinpoche, Gonsar Rinpoche, Geshe Kelsang). Geshe-la singlehandedly with his students built up the New Kadampa Tradition which sadly, is possibly the only group of Dharma centers strongly propitiating Shugden's practice on a global scale. It is really very important for all us students to pray for Geshe-la's long life and good health that he remains with us at this critical time when the ban is still in place and not yet lifted.

Here's a nice tribute to Geshe-la, and I thank dorjeshugden.com for creating awareness and praying for Geshe-la's long life http://www.dorjeshugden.com/great-masters/tributes/a-tribute-to-geshe-kelsang-gyatso/

Indeed it is very important for us Dorje Shugden practitioners and students of our beloved lineage Gurus to actually join forces, come together to speak up and speak against this ridiculous ban on Dorje Shugden. Before Geshe-la passes... which is something inevitable, it would be nice if Geshe-la could leave this body knowing that the ban is lifted! All his hard work, his efforts, his fight for Dorje Shugden, for his own centre, spreading the lineage teachings would not gone to waste. Would be a great final offering to Geshe-la to hear that the ban is lifted and many sangha, people's lives saved, the pure teachings of Je Tsongkhapa can then spread further to benefit more people! It would so awesome to see this, where all Dorje Shugden practitioners and Masters collaborated and collectively congregate in a huge stadium to do a huge Dorje Shugden puja!

Wow imagine that?! All the Buddhas like Kyabje Pabongka Rinpoche, Kyabje Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche, Geshe Rabten, Domo Geshe Rinpoche, Denma Gonsar Rinpoche, Zawa Tulku, Lama Yeshe in one huge stadium doing prayers together! It's like the superpowers of the divine gathered!

And we can definitely join forces to make this happen. Since the CTA wants to separate us Dorje Shugden practitioners from their so called "pure" sanghas/people. It's just logical and obvious for us DS brothers and sisters to join forces to bring the ban down through the various skilful peaceful means suggested on this site and spread Dorje Shugden's benefits even more to the world. 

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2013, 01:24:10 PM »
I was recommended a book written by Geshe Kelsang on the simplified version of the lamrim when I first learned about Buddhism and studying it eventually. He writes these books with simplicity in lay language understood by simple minds and it opened up my mind. Geshe Kelsang had been an advocate against the BAN of Dorje Shugden while his students, lay community, dharma centers and his sangha members MULTIPLIES when he uphold the teachings of Dorje Shugden.

If Dorje Shugden is NOT an enlightened being and a dharmapala, all these dharma centers under Geshe Kelsang would NOT have mushroomed so well and the practice flourished all over the world.

It is clearly illogical to say that Dorje Shugden is an illegal practice under the BAN and the CTA is definitely wrong about Dorje Shugden's practice.

May Geshe Kelsang live long to over 100 years, be healthy and continue turning the wheel of dharma for DS.