Author Topic: Peace Prayer by Lama Gangchen Rinpoche  (Read 5953 times)

DS Star

Peace Prayer by Lama Gangchen Rinpoche
« on: December 09, 2013, 12:01:04 AM »
Peace to the inner and outer environments.

Peace to the five elements within and without.

Peace to this body.

Peace to this mind.

Peace to this huge ocean of emotions and feelings.

By the power of the truth and for the happiness of all beings,
 may we have a culture of peace,
 a society of peace, a world of peace,
 where we can have days of peace,
 nights of peace, sleep with peace and dreams of peace.

By the power of the truth and for the healing of all beings,
 may we have peace in all moments
 and in everything.

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: Peace Prayer by Lama Gangchen Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 09:55:32 AM »
With folded hands I prostrate to HE Gangchen Rinpoche.

Peace is a state of the mind but not just of the "mind" that we lay people think ie the brain. It is of the most subtle. It is the mind that go from one life to the next driven by the ocean of karma. The mind rises and cease as waves of ignorance. If the waves recognize that it is actually part of the ocean, then it will have peace.

Peace comes from the mind and Lama Gangchen Rinpoche is the ocean of peace that blesses all to stop and recognize ourselves as having the mind of peace by nature.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2013, 03:14:35 PM »
Most lay people thinks that happiness is peace but few will agree that there is a difference. Happiness is just a fleet moment of emotional burst of laughter or fun or funny. This happiness will just last for the moment that person experiences at that moment and time.

Peace is more subtle. Peace is a feeling that is NOT overly emotional but will make you smile over and over again when you think about it. Like when we see kindness being shown by another person, we can see peace. Like when we brought a smile to another person who were sad, we can see peace in our mind. When we respect another and work together for a good cause makes us feel at peace. This peaceful feeling helps us identify positivity of others with a smile.

Tenzin K

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 10:53:05 AM »
Thank you very much for sharing this such a wonderful prayer from the great Lama Gangchen Rinpoche.

Buddhism teaches that whether we have global peace or global war is up to us at every moment. The situation is not hopeless and out of our hands. If we don't do anything, who will? Peace or war is our decision. The fundamental goal of Buddhism is peace, not only peace in this world but peace in all worlds. The Buddha taught that the first step on the path to peace is understanding the causality of peace. When we understand what causes peace, we know where to direct our efforts. No matter how vigorously we stir a boiling pot of soup on a fire, the soup will not cool. When we remove the pot from the fire, it will cool on its own, and our stirring will hasten the process. Stirring causes the soup to cool, but only if we first remove the soup from the fire. In other words, we can take many actions in our quest for peace that may be helpful. But if we do not first address the fundamental issues, all other actions will come to naught.

The Buddha taught that peaceful minds lead to peaceful speech and peaceful actions. If the minds of living beings are at peace, the world will be at peace. When the causes are identified, the Buddha's suggestions for dealing with them and eliminating them can be discussed. Finally, having developed a Buddhist theoretical framework for understanding the nature of the problem and its solution, we can try to apply the basic principles in searching for concrete applications that we can actually put into practice in our own daily lives.

bambi

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 01:59:43 PM »
Beautiful prayers. I fold my hands to 1 of the greatest master alive, Gangchen Rinpoche.

Peace... Such a beautiful word but often misused. To me peace is when all of us are Enlightened.  ;D
Some people think that peace is when its quiet or dead or just doing nothing. But for now, for all of us, I am sure, in this life and world, peace is when all war, hatred, racism, famine, natural disaster, diseases and everything bad cease to happen. As for ourselves, be kind, compassionate, loving, forgiving and help in any way that we can for others.

Btw, I love the last paragraph. By the power of the truth and for the healing of all beings, may we have peace in all moments and in everything.

RedLantern

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2013, 08:03:29 AM »
Lama Gangchen led prayers for peace in the UN meditation room and at the beautiful gold stupa containing relics of the Buddha that stands outside the General Assembly Hall.Lama Gangchen who had travelled the world with the relics and was instrumental in bringing them to the UN,place the Peace Pole shone with a special glow in all the photos,and everyone prayed together."May Peace prevail on Earth"
Over the years,he has conducted World Peace Flag Ceremonies and Peace Pole plantings in general parts of the world.

Freyr Aesiragnorak

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2013, 11:17:52 AM »
Peace is something that we need to work on and can only come about when the destructive emotions in our mind streams are quelled. It is something that we Buddhist long for and work towards, but with the world in the state that it's in at the moment, we really need the help of great beings such as H.E. Gangchen Rinpoche, and other holy masters to show us the way to achieve this peace.

I make my own prayer: may the great Dorje Shugden conquer and subdue the maras of our minds and that of others, may destructive and negative habituations such as the 10 Unwholesome Deeds lessen and our minds turn towards the Dharma. May we all then practice at the feet of so many incarnate masters, who return again and again to aid us in our plight, but are so often ignored due to the veil of ignorance that blinds us, and through this may the restorative blanket of peace reign over the earth!

With folded hands.

thor

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
Interestingly, the UN has a Buddhist prayer that was recited for World Peace. I'm glad to see that Buddhism is internationally recognized as a peace loving spiritual path. Would anyone know if it was composed by Lama Gangchen?

A Buddhist Prayer for Peace

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind quickly be freed from their illnesses.
May those frightened cease to be afraid, and may those bound be free.
May the powerless find power and may people think of befriending one another.
May those who find themselves in trackless, fearful wildernesses - the children, the aged, the unprotected - be guarded by beneficent celestials, and may they swiftly attain Buddhahood.
-- U.N. Day of Prayer for World Peace 2

OMB

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2013, 04:23:39 PM »
Thank you Lama Gangchen Rinpoche for this inspiration prayers. We can never achieve peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves.

Manjushri

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2013, 05:39:22 PM »
Beautiful prayers, I humbly fold my hands to H.E. Gangchen Rinpoche who has done so much to preserve and spread the BuddhaDharma in today's time of desperate needs for the Dharma.

Peace is a concept known to all, desperately wanted by all, prayed for by many but often far out of our reach. We are all too busy caught up in our own lives, fighting for our own gains, hurting for our own pleasures that we often forget that just by changing our mindset and our actions, peace isn't too far from our grasp. If we could look within to find peace, then we can exude and give the same to others. Your inner environment reflects greatly and influences your outer environment.

Ideal to say, hard to practise. If only everyone knew that peace was at our own fingertips and in our hands, world peace would be near..