Author Topic: Dalai Lama begins Lam Rim Teachings in South India  (Read 9864 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Dalai Lama begins Lam Rim Teachings in South India
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2014, 09:32:02 AM »
Every Gelugpa - pro-Dalai Lama or not knows that the Lamrim is the most sublime set of teachings that has topics that encompasses the entire breadth of the Buddha's teachings. Thus, it is very holy and has the sacred capability to lead a practitioner from one's current level of understanding and practice towards the level of a Buddha. With such sacred teachings, the Dalai Lama has chosen to speak against Dorje Shugden reflects the degeneration of today's practitioners' mind and merits.

The Dalai Lama has to resort to do this for whatever his intentions are towards Dorje Shugden. For a practitioner who reacts violently towards Dorje Shugden practice reflects the total lack of merits and understanding of the lamrim. It reflects badly on those who hear the Dalai Lama's teachings and misconstrue it to mean that violence is the solution to the Dorje Shugden issue. People are just not putting their thinking caps on to find a 'middle way' solution towards the Dalai Lama's debacle against Dorje Shugden lamas and practitioners.

dondrup

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 02:02:42 PM »
I won't want to attend His Holiness Dalai Lama's (HHDL) teachings simply because HHDL does not practise what he taught!  He does not walk the talk!

HHDL talked about the need to go for refuge to the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha. But HHDL had broken the following Refuge Vows and Commitments:
1) HHDL had forsaken Buddha Dorje Shugden!
2) HHDL had wrong views towards Buddha Dorje Shugden.
3) HHDL had wrong views towards
his gurus and the entire Gelug lineage masters by saying they were all wrong about Dorje Shugden.
4) HHDL had been lying about the true nature of Dorje Shugden by saying Dorje Shugden is a spirit.
5) HHDL had been using divisive speech by creating schisms and disharmonies within the Gelug communities by continually disparaging Buddha Dorje Shugden at public events like this Lamrim teaching.
6) HHDL had also caused great harm to others directly as well as indirectly through his repeated attacks on Dorje Shugden and the ban on Dorje Shugden. Gen Chonze who was attacked and  had suffered injuries recently is the latest example.

His Holiness reiterated that every human being wants happiness and does not want suffering. Then why aren't HHDL giving happiness to Shugdenpas? Give them their spiritual freedom please! Why repeatedly cause harms to Shugdenpas for almost two decades now?

HHDL said we need to develop the awakening mind of Bodhichitta. Bodhichitta means cherish all beings including Shugdenpas! But HHDL does not seem to love Shugdenpas at all!

HHDL said we need to act responsibly without discrimination or prejudice towards others. What about the ban on Shugdenpas? That's sheer discrimination and prejudice!

Rihanna

« Reply #17 on: January 05, 2014, 11:03:39 PM »
I rejoice in the Dalai Lama giving Lamrim teachings and other teachings tirelessly. At his age, and with the amount of matters he has to look in to, it is really out of compassion that he is still doing all these as it involves a lot of travelling.

Personally, whether or not Shugdenpas are allowed to attend, I would not too. I do not wish to sit amongst  CTA and their followers . Why sit and attend a Lamrim teaching, pretending to be all holy and nice while  at the same time sending thugs to beat up an old innocent monk because he is a Dorje Shugden stalwart and belongs to Trijang Ladrang? Bottom line, i do not wish to rub shoulders with hypocrites.

Gabby Potter

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 04:24:12 AM »
I think that this is a good news because it shows that the Buddha Dharma is spreading to the ten directions. I have always have faith in His Holiness the Dalai Lama, I believe that He is an enlightened being and therefore He knows better than most of us do. I pray that may all of our negative karma we have accumulated be cleared very swiftly so that we may enjoy the nectar of doing Dorje Shudgen practise.

Matibhadra

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »
I have always have faith in His Holiness the Dalai Lama, I believe that He is an enlightened being and therefore He knows better than most of us do.

Every blinded follower of every evil cult leader thinks exactly the same. This is because they believe in authority as valid knowledge.

Buddhists, on the other hand, do not follow authority, not even the authority of the Buddha, if it contradicts direct perception or reason.

But then you not only accept authority as valid knowledge, but specifically you accept the "authority" of an evil cult leader promoting the 5 unspeakable actions of immediate retribution such as creating schism within the Sangha.

Therefore your argument of "faith" in the evil dalie as a justification for his crimes only proves that you are not a Buddhist at all.