Author Topic: Nun Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Italy  (Read 8813 times)

icy

Nun Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Italy
« on: January 18, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
Are you as surprised as the rest of the nuns?

A Salvadorean nun who said she had no idea she was pregnant gave birth in Italy this week after she felt stomach cramps in her convent and was rushed to hospital, Italian media reported on Friday.

The 31-year-old mother and her baby boy, who weighs 3.5 kilograms (9 pounds), are doing well and other new mothers in Rieti hospital have begun collecting clothes and donations for her, the reports said.

"I did not know I was pregnant. I only felt a stomach pain," the nun was quoted as saying at the hospital, the Italian news agency ANSA reported.

La Repubblica said she gave birth on Wednesday.

ANSA said the nun had named her baby Francesco (Francis) -- also the pope's chosen title and one of the most popular names in Italy, where St Francis of Assisi is the much-loved national patron saint.

The hospital could not be reached for comment.

The nun belongs to the "Little Disciples of Jesus" convent in Campomoro near Rieti, which manages an old people's home and reports said she would keep the baby.

Her fellow nuns were quoted saying they were "very surprised".

ilikeshugden

• Email
Re: Nun Gives Birth To Baby Boy In Italy
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:37 AM »
This is rather interesting as normally Nuns are supposed to be celibate. Either Jesus has returned or the nun has broken her vow. I wonder how this will progress.

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 12:37:18 PM »
I am sorry but with due respect, she should just say that she had disrobed. This is really lame excuse for breaking her vow of celibacy. Who is she kidding with? Is she trying to claim an immaculate conception here like Virgin Mary? Please... Such nuns just degrades Christianity and brings it to the level of superstition and expect the modern clergy to believe this. Come on...

DS Star

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 01:56:46 PM »
I found this video on the news:

Small | Large

"The Brisbane Times theorised she could have become pregnant when she went to El Salvador for a visit."

Seems it is not another case of virgin birth... However, to give her a benefit of doubts, since she insisted she is not pregnant even when she was in the ambulance, perhaps she was raped without her knowledge i.e. drugged and then raped. We never know, so it is not right for us to judge her character as loose and she had broken her celibacy vow.

So far the new pontiff, Pope Francis, has not issue any official statement regarding this case. However both the head of her convent and the bishop of Rieti, Delio Lucarelli, felt that the nun had caused embarrassment to her convent, thus, would force her to leave the Little Disciples of Jesus convent and lead a secular life with her baby.

Jessie Fong

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2014, 02:31:36 PM »
Oh my!! What a lame excuse to say that she did not know? Hey, hello. Which eon are you from? You are not a little girl to not know what happened?

Raped when she was drugged? Did she not know any difference when she woke up?

I do not buy the reasons put forth.

OMB

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 02:57:55 PM »
I'm definitely not buying into the idea of a virgin birth as it's scientifically impossible! It takes a woman and a man to have kids , definitely not a MIRACLE!!!

bambi

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2014, 04:28:17 PM »
Seriously? I am a mother myself and trust me, I know when I am pregnant. You can actually feel the baby kicking inside and most of all... for a 9 pound baby, you still dont know you are pregnant? Whether she was drugged or raped, I still find it impossible to not know. I think in order to save the embarrassment, she should have just left the place before it exploded into this.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2014, 08:20:14 PM »
:o Oh my! To be honest, we have no idea what her intentions were and many would discount the possibility of an immaculate conception. But let's hope and pray the baby is fine and has a stable and happy future. I wish for both mother and child to be safe and blessed.  :)

pgdharma

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2014, 05:47:26 AM »
Gosh how can she give such a lame excuse. Didn't she see her stomach growing bigger and the baby kicking inside?

Klein

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
I have heard of cases when the person didn't realise that she was pregnant until she gave birth. The lady thought she was getting fat. Whatever it is, I feel we shouldn't judge. There are too many possibilities of what happened. She's answerable to no one except her own karma.

metta girl

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2014, 08:00:33 PM »
Well!!!! she is  mum instead of a nun now. Hope she will take care of the baby well.She have created this karma and she have to face it .Just be more responsible.

Q

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2014, 08:39:55 PM »
Well, this is interesting...

Frankly speaking I don't think this is a virgin birth lolx

But perhaps she was indeed drugged and raped (though I do wonder in where she could have been to be in such a situation... I highly doubt she was drugged in a church...)

Or maybe she was raped by someone she knew, or someone that she's trying to protect.

Well, there are many possibilities. Also, there are cases where people do not know they're pregnant because they're quite on the large side... and the people around them also do not know.

However, it is quite pity if she gets kicked out of the nunnery. One thing I know, if anyone have ever lived in a monastic place all their life.... and I'm talking about growing up there, to be kicked out of such an environment with a baby to support... would be utterly cruel.

brian

• Email
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2014, 06:09:22 AM »
The weirdest stories that i have ever heard of. How can a woman not know she herself is expecting? How would a nun be not knowing this? I am afraid she must have lied to all of the public because she is a nun and she is not supposed to be pregnant. It is definitely not a sin if she was raped and had no other choice but to give birth to the baby. she doesn't have to lie as i found it unbelievable to believe lol

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2014, 10:01:06 AM »
Since she was a nun for many years, she would have known the vows and discipline she should keep in her actions and behavior. She may have been in an embarassing incident she was involved in and had chosen to say she wasn't aware she was pregnant.

However, regardless of that, the nun has to face her own retribution.

cookie

• Email
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2014, 10:17:46 AM »
I really hope she knows what she is doing now that she has become a mother to a child ! Whatever may be her reason for getting pregnant, the fact is now she has a child to care for the rest of her life. She has to be responsible and see thru her duties well to bring up this child.