Author Topic: How is the five dhyani Buddhas related to the emanations of Dorje Shugden?  (Read 9602 times)

Tenzin Malgyur

I was reading about the five dhyani Buddhas on their colors, their representation and functions. Noticed that it matches with the explanation on the the five forms of Dorje Shugden at this article:
http://dorjeshugden.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=777&catid=13&&Itemid=25.
To me this is another evidence that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha. What do you think?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:51:01 AM by Admin »

yontenjamyang

• Email
Re: How is the five dhyani Buddhas related to the emanations of Dorje Shugden?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 07:50:28 AM »
The Buddhas are very kind. Manjushri manifest in 5 forms corresponding to the 5 Dhayani Buddhas and the 5 kleshas and 5 skandhas to help beings of this degenerate age. Dorje Shugden’s five families directly provides the practice and activities of the 5 Buddha families to counter the kleshas/afflictions of ignorance, attachment, anger, jealousy and pride. The practice also counters our ignorance of the existence of the 5 skandhas/aggregates of form, feelings perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
Dorje Shugden not only provide protection of the practice of the Dharma on the outer level but the practice can be considered a deity/yidam practice because its 5 forms counters every possible delusions we have.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 07:51:10 AM by Admin »

icy

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 07:51:40 AM »
The alchemy of 5 families of Dorje Shugden has the complete power and qualities of transmutation of human neurosis which drown the human race in samsara to reach the stage of pure bliss and enlightenment.

eyesoftara

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 07:53:40 AM »
The 5 Dhayani Buddhas are celestial Buddhas or transcendent beings who symbolize universal divine forces. The Protector manifest in the corresponding 5 forms to be closer to us and for us to practice the path to directly subdue our afflictions of ignorance, attachments, hatred, jealousy and pride; transforming our mind to that of compassion and wisdom.

Jessie Fong

Dorje Shugden manifests in 5 different forms, each with their specific functions, which also correspond to the five Dhyani Buddhas.

I agree with you that DS is a Buddha.

Poonlarp

• Email
I found this topic interesting  8) There are many matches indeed.

What blow my mind is, compare to other protector practices (as I know), Dorje Shugden practice is special to have the other 4 emanations other than the main form. These show that how significant and how kind Dorje Shugden practice manifests in this complete way to help us.

Personally I think we human has so many types of problem and suffering, it's important the protector manifests in many ways to offer help. Moreover, I think by understanding and worshiping all 5 emanations which have different features, we accumulate merits aka spiritual dollars for a better spiritual journey. 

DharmaSpace

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »
The 5 Dhyani Buddha represents the five poisons that have been purified and overcome by all Buddhas. It is no coincidence that each of the Dorje Shugden form is a mirror for the Dhyani Buddhas. How skilful is Manjushri to manifest in this way. The five forms of Dorje Shugden allow us to collect merit and purify karma. The five poisons which are the attachment, aversion, ignorance, pride and jealously can really create a lot of karma for us to deal with and keep us perpetually in Samsara.

Hence by doing any the practices in relation the five forms of Dorje Shugden help us to weaken our our main delusion, so if we do not get to be enlightened or even engage in tantric practices, we will still progress by overcoming some of our main delusions. 

Tenzin K

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2014, 08:06:23 AM »
I never doubt that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha but it’s interesting to know that the 5 aggregates of Dorje Shugden matches all with the 5 Dhayani Buddha namely  forms, feelings, recognition, other mental factors and consciousness. In brief, our aggregates include our bodies, minds, and emotions.

By focusing our practice on the 5 forms of Dorje Shugden which also means that we are meditating the quality/energy of the 5 Dhayani Buddha.

AnneQ

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2014, 08:17:31 AM »
The Buddhas are very kind. Manjushri manifest in 5 forms corresponding to the 5 Dhayani Buddhas and the 5 kleshas and 5 skandhas to help beings of this degenerate age. Dorje Shugden’s five families directly provides the practice and activities of the 5 Buddha families to counter the kleshas/afflictions of ignorance, attachment, anger, jealousy and pride. The practice also counters our ignorance of the existence of the 5 skandhas/aggregates of form, feelings perceptions, mental formations and consciousness.
Dorje Shugden not only provide protection of the practice of the Dharma on the outer level but the practice can be considered a deity/yidam practice because its 5 forms counters every possible delusions we have.

Thank you yontenjamy for summarising how the 5 Dhayani Buddhas are linked to the 5 forms/families of Dorje Shugden namely Duldzin (main emanation), Shize, Gyenze, Wangze & Trakze.
Therefore, I do agree that this information presents a strong case that Dorje Shugden is indeed a Buddha and not a demon as CTA and its cronies are so adamantly insisting.

Midakpa

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2014, 10:36:14 AM »
The five Dhyani Buddhas are abstract aspects of Buddhahood, emanations of Adibuddha.  They represent the five Buddha families or lineages and are seated in a position of meditation, with Vairochana in the middle of the mandala, Akshobhya in the east, Ratnasambhava in the south, Amitabha in the west and Amoghasidhi in the north. The five forms of Dorje Shugden are said to correspond to the five Dhyani Buddhas, having the same aggregates.  The main form is Dorje Shugden who is in the middle of the mandala. He corresponds to Akshobya. In front of him is Vairochana Shugden or Shize, who corresponds to Vairochana. To the right is Ratna Shugden or Gyenze, who corresponds to Ratnasambhava. Behind Dorje Shugden is Pema Shugden or Wangzewho corresponds to Amitabha. To the left is Trakze or Karma Shugden who corresponds to Amoghasiddhi. A noticeable difference between the two groups is their colour. While Vairochana, Ratnasambhava and Amitabha have the same colour as their counterpart in the Dorje Shugden mandala, Akshobhya is blue while Dorje Shugden is red in colour. Amoghasiddhi is green while Karma Shugden is dark red.

Big Uncle

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2014, 03:51:55 PM »
If Dorje Shugden is a Buddha as exemplified by the 5 families of Dorje Shugden bearing similarities with the 5 Dhyani Buddhas and the fact that Dorje Shugden is in a worldly form. What realm do you guys think that Dorje Shugden would have taken rebirth in... in order to manifest his vow to be a Dharma Protector? I was thinking that he could have been in a Gyalpo class of spirit but apparently, I was wrong. What do you guys think?

fruven

« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2014, 08:20:52 PM »
This is amazing information. I never heard of Dharma protectors having 5 forms and in this case in relation to the 5 Dhyani Buddhas. Of course if Dharma protectors are enlightened in nature they are not bounded by any limits therefore they are capable of different forms of emanation. From the point of compassion which form would be beneficial to sentient beings more? At the same time whatever actions/activities and forms of enlightened being would be still be beneficial due to bodhichitta.

I believe the message of the article is that anyone who is serious about practicing the Dharma should learn the iconography of Buddhas well. When there are doubts the understanding can be cleared through knowledge we have learnt. It would be troubling if spirits are capable of imitating the Buddhas with iconography correct form. 

Dondrup Shugden

WOW, what a wonderful article of great knowledge for all Shugdenpas. 

Evidence without any doubt that Dorje Shugden is a Buddha.

psylotripitaka

To clarify, Dorje Shugden is not the only Dharmapala manifesting 5 forms. Many other Protectors also have this. Palden Lhamo for instance even has a special jenang for all 5 Mothers, and we make offerings, praises, and special requests to them in her Kangso.

It's a little surprising people didn't know Dorje Shugden 5 lineages is the 5 Buddha Families since it is explicit in the Kangso and commentaries.

It is also worth mentioning here that Dorje Shugden's mandala is the body mandala of Guhyasamaja. In the Gelug lineage, the three main Yidams are important: Heruka Chakrasamvara, Vajrabhairava (Yamantaka), and Guhyasamaja. There are many ways to receive the special blessings of all three.

For instance, self-generating as Heruka, regarding Dorje Shugden as Yamantaka, and recalling the mandala is the body mandala of Guhyasamaja. If we generate as Vajrayogini, it is the same as just mentioned because she is the same person as Heruka. If our Yidam is Yamantaka, then it is particularly important to regard Dorje Shugden as the nature of Heruka, and remember the mandala of deities is Guhyasamaja body mandala. It may seem insignificant, but Manjushri was very explicit to Lama Tsongkhapa about the importance of receiving the blessings of all three. It may seem insignificant to merely recall someone is the nature of Heruka, but it is very profound especially when we sit with the knowledge for more than two seconds. If you do not already, I highly recommend sitting for a while in the presence of Dorje Shugden and his retinue contemplating and delighting in the knowledge that this is Guhyasamaja's body mandala. Wonderful!

grandmapele

Big Uncle, I know of 6 realms of which one of them is the God realm where Indra and Brahma resides although there is the spirit realm. Is the God realm considered worldly realm? If the kleishas and skandas of Dorje Shugden corresponds to the Dhyani Buddha's does that still make Dorje Shugden
'bad' and 'evil'?