Author Topic: Video from California. Dalai lama stop lying.  (Read 9164 times)

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Video from California. Dalai lama stop lying.
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2014, 03:49:16 AM »
You know, the Dalai Lama never has impressed me much as a logician.  Saying that he knows Buddha's teachings therefore he must be right is inconstant of course with Buddha's last teaching where he told people to examine his teachings for themselves.
  Of course, it would be good if the world could understand that the Dalai Lama is lying; the problem is that the propaganda is so strong from the west in favor of the Dalai Lama.  He is supposed to have been supporting democracy, which is obviously something he has not the first inkling about.  I think maybe he is a Buddha teaching in like reverse psychology (I'm serious) because he is making such an obvious point that the time of the Dalai Lamas is really past; that people in this world need to embrace democracy and human rights because if they listen to the Dalai Lama, which is and has been, at least since the 5th recognition, a very political affair, it will be a disaster for all of Tibet and most of Buddhism. 
   The Dalai Lama seems a master of pointing out the problems of not separating church and state by demonstrating the very worst parts of the mixing of religion and politics; obviously China chose a Karmapa, and the Dalai Lama, who is Gelugpa, backed that, so now Tibet is stuck with the official recognition from China being this guy the Dalai Lama picked.  The Dalai Lama divided the Gelugpas with the Shugden ban and made a mess of a lot of people's lives, just to demonstrate, I think that in Buddhism we don't want to make the same mistakes that Europe or Tibet made when ruled by dictators; if the dictator is good, fine, but then what if the next dictator is not good?  Obviously this is a problem since either the politicians of China or Tibet would decide the Dalai Lama's successor.
  I hope this ban will come down soon; I am happy that someone told him to stop lying and I am glad that he showed his colors, because if he is a Buddha he is a Buddha demonstrating by example what not to do.

icy

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2014, 09:16:25 AM »
You can read a detailed reporting about the Dalai Lama's Reaction to a Peaceful Protestor at the Ritz Hotel:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11609135.htm?

The Dalai Lama is shown pointing his finger at and stating "no, no, no, no" in an exchange with a peaceful protestor in an amateur video taken today as he left his hotel. Buddhist protestors, including monks and nuns from the International Shugden Community, chanted “Dalai Lama give religious freedom” as he arrived at Davies Symphony Hall, stating that they would shadow all his talks this week in California.

Manjushri

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2014, 05:48:50 PM »
Wow, His Holiness was pretty mad. Why lash out at a gentle nun, who’s only asking for religious freedom and their entitled right.

Funny how HHDL says that it is wrong because it is worship of spirit. If I’m not mistaken, isn’t Nechung a spirit too? The State Oracle, is an unenlightened spirit..so why is HHDL consulting Nechung for advise? That exact statement is a contradiction to what His Holiness is preaching too!

Anyways, how is Dorje Shugden not a matter regarding religion? If it is not religion, then why does the head religious figure of Tibetan Buddhism even impose the ban to begin with? If it is not religion, then why is HHDL so concerned about this issue? Another contradiction!

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2014, 06:05:26 PM »
Oh wow! And it was captured on video and its on YouTube for the world to see. I see things are snowballing now towards the eventuality of the ban coming down. How long can the Dalai Lama resist these protests and media coverage? Why don't the CTA do something about this and help the Dalai Lama for once. Perhaps, they can stop all attempts at enforcing the ban and have press conferences to explain the abolition of the ban from the secular and perhaps just leave all spiritual matters to the abbots of the great monasteries to handle. So, the issue can be contained. It seems that CTA is slow to react and perhaps too comfortable as the follower to even think of reacting to the inherent situation here. Time to act CTA and the Dalai Lama, please give religious freedom!

vajralight

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2014, 06:07:52 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ch5hCnq0fHQ#t=0

Demonstrations for Religious Freedom - San Francisco 2014

Vajralight

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2014, 09:29:26 PM »
Must go here to watch:

Dalai Lama angrily replies to peaceful nun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Wvqb-DaAS0

In the video Dalai Lama says “This is not a matter of religious freedom. No, no, no, no. I know Buddha’s teachings. I know Lama Tsongkapa’s teachings. This (Dorje Shugden’s practice) is not a religion. This is worship of a spirit. So that is wrong.”

All these protestors are asking and requesting is to stop the religious persecution of Dorje Shugden practice and lift the ridiculous ban so we can freely and openly practice with NO DISCRIMINATION. Tibetans can live in harmony and Tibetans who practice Dorje Shugden can go to school, hospitals and get social welfare just like non-Shugdenpas... is that so hard to understand? We're asking Tibetans to be nice to their own people actually. What a shame this ban has created division and disunity.

If the Dalai Lama says He knows Buddha and Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings... does that mean, His Gurus like Trijang RInpoche, who practices Dorje Shugden does not know? This is not logical!
And if we read carefully the constitution in the UN on Human Rights... everyone has the Right to Religious Freedom and it is define as:

Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty.

Basically Dalai Lama has no right to impose a ban on any faith... whether spirit or not. He has no right! So please LIFT THE BAN or be faced with charges as it is AGAINST THE LAW OF ANY DEMOCRATIC GOVT, unless you're saying HHDL and His Govt is a communist??? Now look who is the Chinese Spy... just pointing out the obvious nonsense!

Rihanna

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2014, 10:12:40 PM »
Dear Your Holiness, please, this is long overdue. Too many human beings have been physically and mentally hurt. Families have broken up. Monks have been ostracized. How far more do you want to take this issue? Isn't religious freedom the fundamental human right? Don't we have the right to express and to manifest religious beliefs? You are in the soil of a country that breathes religious freedom. You have just met with their head of state. Is this the result of the meeting; to cut off a nun who is asking you a genuine question?

fruven

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 12:01:06 AM »
The nun is very brave to voice her stand on the Dorje Shugden ban to HH Dalai Lama directly surrounded by security personnels. Regardless of gender the ban has affected very much the Tibetans. Both gender has equal responsibility to oppose and protest the ban. Keeping mum about this issue is not going to help people who are undergoing religious oppression.

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 08:19:50 AM »
It is a real shame that the Dalai Lama lies. The world can see that and the brave nun should be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for her truth. I really admire her. Lets share the videos and make it viral. Only with international pressure will the Dalai Lama back down. Mr Obama please help to Shugden practitioners. I am sure many are Americans but Americans or not, it is about freedom first and foremost, which is what Americans and the world advocate.

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 02:50:43 PM »
The nun was rather courageous to wait patiently for hours for the arrival of HH the Dalai Lama before she posed the question to him. It is a rare opportunity to watch the reaction given by HHDL and the video was social media widely amongst DS practitioners to spread the message.

RedLantern

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 05:15:36 PM »

Dalai Lama always spoke of acceptance,love and universal kindness.I don't understand the burst of anger shown by Dalai Lama when the peaceful nun asked for religious freedom.

We know that the Dalai Lama was a Dorje Shugden practitioner at one point and wrote a praise to him.Him.(Melody of the unceasing vajra )

Matibhadra

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 06:23:54 PM »
Dalai Lama always spoke of acceptance,love and universal kindness.

As any criminal, the Dalie Lame feels the need to cover his crimes with a sweet, but deceptive speech. But these are just lame lies.

dsiluvu

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2014, 12:07:52 PM »
Hey folks, I think we need to still be a little less rude and more Dharmic when it comes to talking about His Holiness. I do not think or would call His Holiness a "criminal". Slandering Him is not very Dharmic and makes us no difference from those that slander us or our Lamas who practise Dorje Shugden. We should still act according to the Buddha's teachings of not condemning monks in order to ensure we do not collect negative Karma on our part. I do not wish good people of our lineage become as low as those who anti us, then it becomes very petty.

I've looked at the video many times, and to be honest I don't think His Holiness was in anger or rage, irritated and firm yes, but not really "angry" as most of us would see. Of course He would be and given anyone in His position coming out of His Hotel, and being approached and requested to "stop lying", I think anyone would make their stand firm too. Just trying to be fair here. No point pointing fingers. I'd rather focus on the facts... that His Holiness's reasons and answer to the brave nun was that Dorje Shugden is not "religion" but rather "spirit" worshipping... which in this case, we've got a lot to refute upon and one big one is spirit or no spirit... it is still our right to "worship", if we need to put it that way, because it is just our basic human rights to do so freely without any religious discrimination or persecution and therefore the BAN is considered ILLEGAL and can be considered a crime as it opposes the law of the United Nations' Human Rights Constitution.

So just by that account, His Holiness has lost the argument in justifying the BAN of Dorje Shugden. Just by that it is illogical to have this unilateral BAN that is causing much suffering. This is the point I will hammer in again and again.   

Klein

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:29:48 AM »
Hey folks, I think we need to still be a little less rude and more Dharmic when it comes to talking about His Holiness. I do not think or would call His Holiness a "criminal". Slandering Him is not very Dharmic and makes us no difference from those that slander us or our Lamas who practise Dorje Shugden. We should still act according to the Buddha's teachings of not condemning monks in order to ensure we do not collect negative Karma on our part. I do not wish good people of our lineage become as low as those who anti us, then it becomes very petty.

I've looked at the video many times, and to be honest I don't think His Holiness was in anger or rage, irritated and firm yes, but not really "angry" as most of us would see. Of course He would be and given anyone in His position coming out of His Hotel, and being approached and requested to "stop lying", I think anyone would make their stand firm too. Just trying to be fair here. No point pointing fingers. I'd rather focus on the facts... that His Holiness's reasons and answer to the brave nun was that Dorje Shugden is not "religion" but rather "spirit" worshipping... which in this case, we've got a lot to refute upon and one big one is spirit or no spirit... it is still our right to "worship", if we need to put it that way, because it is just our basic human rights to do so freely without any religious discrimination or persecution and therefore the BAN is considered ILLEGAL and can be considered a crime as it opposes the law of the United Nations' Human Rights Constitution.

So just by that account, His Holiness has lost the argument in justifying the BAN of Dorje Shugden. Just by that it is illogical to have this unilateral BAN that is causing much suffering. This is the point I will hammer in again and again.

I agree with you dsiluvu. Actually, for HHDL to put say that DS practice is not a religion is EVIDENCE that he IS discriminating against the DS practice. This is against basic human rights and no one has the right to discriminate who or what is being worshiped.

There are many people who worship the Satan. No one has the right to discriminate them. So why the exception here?  How is HHDL and CTA going to garner the support of developed and democratic countries such as the USA when religious discrimination is still enforced? The media will definitely pick up on this and it will look extremely bad for HHDL and CTA.