Author Topic: Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden  (Read 9045 times)

lotus1

Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden
« on: March 22, 2014, 10:58:59 PM »
Dorjeshugden.com just shared a very sacred head by H.E. Kyabje Prara Dorje Chang. Holy & beautiful! May all be blessed by viewing this sacred head of Dorje Shugden!

This is a very sacred head of Dorje Shugden. It was made by Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang of Gaden Jangtse Monastery shortly before his passing when they were all still in Buxa refugee Camp in North India. That time, the jungle nearby was said to be haunted and monks who went into the jungle for toilet, etc. even in the daytime would sometimes disappear and they would later be found hung by their necks,  dead.
At that time, Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was manifesting some insanity, and one of things he would do would be to go into the jungle in the middle of the night and emerge the following morning unharmed  This clearly showed he was a mahasiddha of sorts. He was famous for giving Dorje Shugden sogtae (empowerment) to many and exhibited great clairvoyance. Most seniors in Gaden Jangtse Monastery were his students and highly respected this eminent lama.
One day, Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang came of out the jungle with a lump of clay, sat down and began to mix it with water and shape it. The end result was this Dorje Shugden head, which according to Kundeling Rinpoche, should have been impossible to make by hand, and the expression is the best one he has ever seen. May all of you be blessed by viewing the rare images of this blessed Dorje Shugden head sculpture.
Admin

pgdharma

Re: Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 05:15:32 AM »
This is very sacred indeed!. It is amazing that Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang came out of the jungle unharmed and created this sacred head of Dorje Shugden which he was able to produce with his bare hands!

Thank you, Admin, for sharing this sacred head.

icy

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 07:36:01 AM »
How awesome to be able to view this sacred head and hear about this highly attained DS Lama. Truly an inspiration and blessing. Thank you DS.com for sharing this with many.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 12:22:11 PM »
Beautiful to behold this Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden, I have the good fortune to see this picture.

bambi

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 01:39:51 PM »
Wow! Beautiful and such Blessings to be able to see it. Maybe Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was an emanation of Lord DS Himself and that is why He was able to sculpt the head in such a beautiful way. Thank you for such a wonderful update!
Btw, scary to know that the monks were found dead in mysterious ways. I wonder what really happened to them. And that Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was able to stop whatever that was happening was amazing.

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 01:46:06 PM »
This clay head of Dorje Shugden looks absolutely stunning and so alive! It takes a greatly attained master to be able to mould this bare hand. Thank you for sharing this story and pictures. Dorje Shugden is a powerful protector indeed and able to subdue whatever even forces that were lurking in that jungle.

Big Uncle

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 04:55:24 PM »
Wow! Beautiful and such Blessings to be able to see it. Maybe Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was an emanation of Lord DS Himself and that is why He was able to sculpt the head in such a beautiful way. Thank you for such a wonderful update!
Btw, scary to know that the monks were found dead in mysterious ways. I wonder what really happened to them. And that Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was able to stop whatever that was happening was amazing.

I don't think Phara Dorje Chang is an emanation of Dorje Shugden but he does practice Dorje Shugden and has passed the practice to his students. Unfortunately, his current incarnation has left the monastery due to broken samaya of his students. He left and became a bus driver and then finally becoming a police inspector in Delhi. He has not returned to the monastery since. It is sad reality of the day and because of the ban, the lama has left. This is just too bad...

fruven

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
Thanks for uploading the photo. I won't recognize it myself seeing one.  :)

I don't think Phara Dorje Chang is an emanation of Dorje Shugden but he does practice Dorje Shugden and has passed the practice to his students. Unfortunately, his current incarnation has left the monastery due to broken samaya of his students. He left and became a bus driver and then finally becoming a police inspector in Delhi. He has not returned to the monastery since. It is sad reality of the day and because of the ban, the lama has left. This is just too bad...

It is really disheartening to hear what is happening to his current reincarnation. A lama who could teach the Dharma is now doing worldly activities. I wouldn't say his attainments regress but it is still....

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 04:40:44 AM »
This sculpture of Dorje Shugden's head is quite spectacular and should be considered a miracle. Phara Dorje Chang is definitely attained. I have always wondered though why the broken samaya of the students would cause the teacher to stop teaching. I can understand that should the students break samaya with a particular teacher, the students would not have the karma to receive teachings any more from that great master. However, why does that broken samaya stop the master from teaching others who may benefit? Why would Phara Dorje Change become a bus driver and then police inspector? Some may say that he would still benefit people taking the bus or who came into contact with him as a policeman but surely he would benefit more people directly if he was to continue to teach? I'd love to know more about the logic of this mysterious teacher-student samaya. Thanks in advance!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 04:58:19 AM »
This sculpture of Dorje Shugden's head is quite spectacular and should be considered a miracle. Phara Dorje Chang is definitely attained. I have always wondered though why the broken samaya of the students would cause the teacher to stop teaching. I can understand that should the students break samaya with a particular teacher, the students would not have the karma to receive teachings any more from that great master. However, why does that broken samaya stop the master from teaching others who may benefit? Why would Phara Dorje Change become a bus driver and then police inspector? Some may say that he would still benefit people taking the bus or who came into contact with him as a policeman but surely he would benefit more people directly if he was to continue to teach? I'd love to know more about the logic of this mysterious teacher-student samaya. Thanks in advance!

Thank you Admin for posting this article!. This is the first time I know of the existence of the Sacred Head of Dorje Shugden. There are a few questions that pop into mind when reading the article. First is how can monks be found hanged and I presume from attack by ghost in the jungle? As I know, monks can never be harmed by spirits/ghost. Unless these monks have broken samaya. Secondly, could it be that Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang manifested insanity as a way to absorb the negative karma of students? Also, what is the significance of this Sacred head? Finally, his latest incarnations manifested becoming a bus driver and police inspector; what this have to do with what happened in the previous incarnations? I am sure there are connections. In would be interesting to know.

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 07:28:08 AM »
This is pretty awesome! I don't think it was just done by hand but could have been made during deep meditation by Phara Dorje Chang. Maybe he was assisted by the entourage of Dorje Shugden. It's amazing to hear of this great master and his attainments. A friend of mine heard of accounts of how Phara Dorje Chang manifested insanity from his friend who heard of it from older monks. Sad to learn his previous life's students really didn't have the merits to sustain his previous incarnation.

Tenzin K

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:31 AM »
Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang indeed a great Mahasiddha. I love reading the weird ways of the Mahasiddha actions which is actually generated from their great wisdom to act differently to suit the environment, culture and situation. It’s blessed to be able to see the sacred Lord Shugden head which mentioned it’s impossible make by hand.

This also showed that he great practitioner of Lord Shugden can never be disturb by any negative energy such as mentioned in the forest.

vajrastorm

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 03:29:53 PM »
This sacred head of Dorje Shugden can only have been fashioned by the bare hands of  an extraordinary being. Whatever insanity that the great Mahasiddha ,Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang, had displayed would have been merely the perception of some. The fact that Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was able to emerge from the haunted and ghost -ridden jungle  alive and unscathed, showed him to be the great practitioner that he was..Being a great devotee to Dorje Shugden, one can well imagine his closeness to Shugden, which fueled all his actions.

To me, Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang was an amazingly great Lama and practitioner.

Rihanna

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 05:02:30 AM »
I think my heart  missed one beat upon seeing this photo you posted. It is awesome! To be able to shape and mold with such artistry, Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang must have been in deep meditation and an extraordinary being. So disturbing to findout AGAIN of another case of students breaking samaya and their lama manifests in a worldly character. First it was Lama Yeshe and his reincarnation as Tenzin Otel Hitta, and now Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang as 'The Inspector'. If this ban continues, the whole Vajrayana will be wiped out eventually. Like Lord Buddha predicted, Buddhism will be destroyed from within.

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2014, 01:22:29 PM »
Kyabje Phara Dorje Chang is indeed a highly attained Lama. For him be able to go to the jungle and came out the next day unharmed. This is just amazing, be able to have this opportunity to witness one of the sacred items of Dorje Shugden. Thank you Admin for sharing this wonderful article and hopefully more and more people will realize that what the other party is banning are baseless and illogical. May the ban be lifted soon and DS.com is doing a good job by giving the general public not only on information regarding the ban but in general Buddhism as well. From this website we are be able to study and learn if what the other party is doing making any sense?

Just wondering why did he make Dorje Shugden head from the clay of the jungle?