Author Topic: LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!  (Read 8171 times)

Jacob

• Email
LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!
« on: March 30, 2014, 11:38:41 AM »
Hi Everyone!

I just got this new Dorje Shugden statue from DorjeShugden.com online shop and I'm really excited about it so I thought it would be great for me to share it with all of you! I'm new to this forum and recently bought this beautiful statue on this wonderful website, never thought that it would be so easy and quick! I thought that maybe we could all share together pictures of our altars on ds.com hopefully giving each other better and new ideas to make our altars to offer up to ds look more beautiful and creative.

I got the idea after stumbling upon the casing at a flea market and thought it would go great together with my Dorje Shugden statue. I had it painted which took the whole day and got all the precious stones at a really cool quirky store. I believe that with what ever we offer up to ds with your heart and sincerity, by visualising that it is the real thing it becomes even more powerful and effective. By offering beautiful jewels and gems not only does it look better but by offering these up it would generate wealth in order for me to help others.

I'm really grateful for dorjeshugden.com for making it easy and available for us to get our very own ds items. I wouldn't have imagine being able to get it anywhere else. I'd like to give a shout out to you guys! Kudos to you guys for doing such a great job! Anyone else would like to share their experiences with ds.com's online shop if they had ever bought anything from it?

Jacob

Big Uncle

Re: LOOK AT MY NEW ALTAR!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:58:19 PM »
Dear Jacob,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful altar. I love it very much and it has given me ideas for making more elaborate offerings to Dorje Shugden on my altar. I am also another happy customer of dorjeshugden.com. I am very happy to support a website/organisation that benefits others by providing the latest breaking news and relief to oppressed Shugden practitioners everywhere. I posted the picture of my altar a year ago but I will do it again here... I hope it will inspire many others to set up their own altars to Dorje Shugden, support this great website and gain the powerful and protective blessings of Dorje Shugden.

PS - I love how you painted yellow gold onto Dorje Shugden and also his features.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 02:01:14 PM by Big Uncle »

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 07:41:37 PM »
Hi Jacob,

Thank you for sharing your beautiful altar set up for us all to rejoice. It is simple yet very creative and you got the same exact statue as I did just recently!  ;)

Offerings of wealth and riches through those precious stones to our Lord Dhammapala Dorje Shugden. Wealth represents also inner wealth like generosity and outer wealth like resources to do Dharma, to spread Dharma, to increase in the Dharma.

The http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/ is perhaps one of the most comprehensive Dorje Shugden shop in the world, I must say they have the best quality Ds items I've seen. It is also good to also support them because they do so much behind the scenes to help so many DS practitioners without ever being recognised. So glad to support their good work to spread Dorje Shugden to the world!

Rihanna

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 09:41:47 PM »
What a stunning altar! Who would have thought of using a vintage glass casing? I turned out so well. And I love the offering of jewels on the oyster shell. When an offering is made with sincere motivation, it is not the materials one uses but the sincerity behind it that makes the altar look so nice! I have seen altars with silver and gold bowls, and anything and everything expensive was on the altar but it ended up looking like a show piece because the owner's intention was to show off his wealth.

I also like the statue being offered gold with the snow lion in antique. Dorje Shugden has been practiced by Tibetan for more than 350 years (way before this ridiculous ban was imposed). The poor Tibetans would save all they can to offer gold on the face of the statue and slowly offer to other parts of the body. This statue has the same kind of feel and look like in ancient times.

I do not know if dorjeshugden.com bought this statue wholesale from a supplier or it is your own design but it is simply stunning! I have one word for it: Wow!

Jacob

• Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 06:18:14 AM »
Wow I'm glad to see you guys bought the same statues from ds.com. I think when we start to be creative with our altars it shows sincerity and how much we love Dorje Shugden. I agree with you Rihanna, some people have the wrong mind when they setup their altars, it is suppose to be an offering to the Buddha's with all that you have to show you have no attachments. When people have the motivation to just show off their wealth from their altars, I don't feel it becomes effective and it only feeds their ego. I too wonder how they get their statues made but I rejoice and I'm happy that they made it available for the world.

Dsiluvu your statue is exactly like mine! I'm glad to see your beautiful statue, why don't you put it up on an altar and show all of us?

Tenzin K

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 07:06:40 AM »
Wow Jacob, you really have an artistic sense. Your Dorje Shugden statue is really marvelous and the precious stone you placed them very nice and natural. It’s a best offering that you made. Your casing look so vintage and combine with the precious stone it makes your altar so classic. I believe you will definitely visualize all the precious stones are abundant and offered up to Lord Shugden to create the cause for abundant resources for you to gain attainment in your spiritual practice.

Everyone should make a lot of offering to the Buddha  to generate merits and this is why one of the reason we invite the lord Buddha statue to our premises which is for us to make offering beside for our focus in our meditation

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 07:40:57 AM »
Wow Jacob. Your altar is simple and stunning!  You are very sincere and I can see it when reading your post. You have very good taste and the offerings are colorful, pleasing to the eyes and helpful in visualizations. I agree that offerings must be done sincerely and not to show off. The motivations is important. My Guru always advised us to offer the best and if one can afford silver and gold then we should. It is in relation to how much "pain" the offerings are to us and the the more "pain" the better as it is the best way to offer up our attachments, hence the "pain", LOL!

Ds.com online shop is really great in that they provide a very convenient and easy way to source Ds items for our altar and for sharing and gifts to friends and family.

sandra

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2014, 03:26:09 PM »
So beautiful altar set up. Actually I forgotten that we can use colourful stone as offering items. This is a brilliant idea to me. From today onwards, I will start to collect beautiful stone as offerings item.

Thank you for sharing to us the idea to set up an altar. Sometimes simple also nice. I get the idea small altar can be nice too. The most important thing is creative and do it with sincere heart. The offerings to Buddha will be powerful if do it sincerely.

Erudin

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2014, 01:10:39 AM »

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 02:15:38 AM »
Wow Jacob, your altar is stunning! You are very creative!

Having a beautiful altar and making offerings daily with care and devotion ensures that every time we look at it we are reminded of the Enlightened Being. Making offerings helps us to develop spiritual qualities and any act performed with a virtuous motivation brings merits, and the purer the objects of our offering are, the greater the merits will be. I like your idea of offering the jewels and the antique glass is perfect for your statue and keeps the dust away too. Nice and practical.

Looking at the post from Big Uncle, dsiluvu and Erudin, I must say that http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/ has statues that are of good quality and the statues have different finishing to suit each individual.  It’s so convenient to order through them.

icy

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2014, 04:57:04 AM »
Jacob's altar is absolutely fabulous with so much creativity.  I love the Shugden statue and all its richness and beautiful offering items.  It is all set to collect immense merits for inner and outer wealth.  It gives me an idea how to make all these wonderful offerings to Lord Dorje Shugden.

Big Uncle's altar is neat yet simple.  Erudin's altar is quite complete and nice.

lotus1

« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2014, 07:56:06 PM »
Thanks Jacob for sharing your beautiful altar. Agreed with Tenzin K that you really have an artistic sense. Such a great idea that we can also offer up precious stones to Dorje Shugden too! I will start to collect the precious stones and jewels to be offered to Dorje Shugden and Buddha on my altar.

Big uncle’s altar is simple yet serene. Erudin’s altar is very complete too. Thanks all for sharing and now I have better ideas on setting up my altar.

Checking out the statues at http://shop.dorjeshugden.com/statues.html, I noticed that there is discount on the big statues!! Cool! 

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 07:29:08 AM »
I opine that any altar set up is beautiful because it comes from the heart. May it be a tsa tsa, a printed image, a statue of any size, a thangka, a pendant or even a line drawing. Offerings from the heart are beautiful because from Dorje Shugden's side, He views them as beautiful offerings from the heart. This I learned from my very learned and attained Guru. My very learned and attained Guru also said that once we have gained some realizations from our dharma studies and practices then the altar is in the center of my heart channel.

Thank you, Jacob, for sharing with us picture of your altar, it is lovely.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 09:56:26 AM »
Nicely done and colourful too. Personally I prefer my altars traditional and messy. You know, tonnes of colourful brocade, clothes and robes, statues that are perfectly imperfect with a shed load of coral and turqoise all over em. Gold face, features painted in. Red varnished wood.

I know, its a job and a half to clean but somehow I think it looks more...personal and warm. I dannae how to put it. Theres one thing to have a zen altar but I tend to think minimalist altars look like you never visit or go to pay your respects, or do any kind of practice, ha. Yeah illusions and delusions about whats good and bad, and pretty and not!

Gabby Potter

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 10:38:09 PM »
Wow Jacob, your altar looks really nice!! It's simple and not too complicated, neat! :) Thank you so much for sharing, this reminds me it's time to clean my altar lol. But seriously, I really love your altar! :)