Author Topic: Samdong Rinpoche on Dorje Shugden  (Read 4042 times)

Lineageholder

Samdong Rinpoche on Dorje Shugden
« on: August 03, 2014, 10:24:22 PM »
I wonder what this is all about? It's a long talk.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=Lj7SSIMf1go

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Samdong Rinpoche on Dorje Shugden
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2014, 05:51:48 AM »
Yes, Admin?  Would it be possible to maybe get a synopsis from someone who speaks Tibetan?

yontenjamyang

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2014, 07:22:29 AM »
Not sure either. But Samdhong Rinpoche was the previous PM or Sikyong of the TGIE/CTA. He was a disciple of the previous Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche but was notorious in clamping down on the practice of Dorje Shugden. He was the "right hand man" of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The contradiction comes when in one of his speech after he retired as Sikyong, he actually stated that whatever he did, was out of Guru Devotion to his root Guru, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. Does this include his clamping down on Dorje Shugden practitioners? If so, it would be interesting. Then it would mean the Dalai Lama and Trijang Rinpoche is working together.

What is everyone's opinion on this?

Matibhadra

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 10:41:25 AM »

The guy is unable to think for himself, and to assume responsibility for his own actions, and therefore he cowardly tries to blame Trijang Rinpoche for his own accomplicity with the evil dalai's crimes.

Lineageholder

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 03:34:40 PM »
Yes, Admin?  Would it be possible to maybe get a synopsis from someone who speaks Tibetan?

Yes please Admin. I've seen a synopsis on an anti Shugden group but I don't trust the source to be honest so a translation of the main points would be great, thanks!  :)

bonfire

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2014, 11:48:51 AM »
Not sure either. But Samdhong Rinpoche was the previous PM or Sikyong of the TGIE/CTA. He was a disciple of the previous Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche but was notorious in clamping down on the practice of Dorje Shugden. He was the "right hand man" of His Holiness the Dalai Lama.

The contradiction comes when in one of his speech after he retired as Sikyong, he actually stated that whatever he did, was out of Guru Devotion to his root Guru, Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche. Does this include his clamping down on Dorje Shugden practitioners? If so, it would be interesting. Then it would mean the Dalai Lama and Trijang Rinpoche is working together.

Well, I have wondered for a while now if the ban was not something that the Dalai Lama did at the instruction of his rooth Guru Trijang Rinpoche, just as Samdhong Rinpoche may have done.
Why? well... Here is the paradox, maybe it is to spread the practice of Dorje Shugden?
Maybe also so as to remove the Tsongkhapa lineage from being involved in politics as it was set with the line of the Dalai Lamas being political leaders AND spiritual leaders.
Within our current world, I tend to think that politics and spirituality are better dealt with separately, and I personally never mix it up.
Just a thought...
The future will tell...

Matibhadra

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2014, 01:49:27 PM »
Well, I have wondered for a while now if the ban was not something that the Dalai Lama did at the instruction of his rooth Guru Trijang Rinpoche, just as Samdhong Rinpoche may have done.

If so, Trijang Rinpoche, a holy guru, would be guilty of being a perverse witch-hunter, and of causing social strife and schism within the Sangha, which is a repugnant idea.

In order to give credence to a spineless politician such as Samdhong, you are ready to defame a holy guru such as Trijang Rinpoche, ascribing to the latter heinous acts.