Author Topic: The Shugden Controversy - A Panel Discussion  (Read 4288 times)

grandmapele

The Shugden Controversy - A Panel Discussion
« on: August 09, 2014, 01:48:04 AM »
This will be interesting as the panel is anti-shugden heavy. Would be so very interesting if it were more neutral. As it is doubt it will be amount ot much. And, the host is a linguist not even a Tibetan studies professor.

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/news/the-shugden-controversy-a-panel-discussion/

Blueupali

• Email
Re: The Shugden Controversy - A Panel Discussion
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:49:21 AM »
Yeah this sounds like mostly a set up to make us sound like demon worshipers to another set of academics....

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 07:02:59 AM »
This is going to be an interesting debate. I hope the pro-Dalai Lama representatives will not be there to make troubles.

I think the protests that were organised by International Shugden Community has achieved its goal of getting publicity of awareness. The fact that an educational institute is organising a panel discussion on this issue shows that more people are aware of this issue and are concerned about it.

However, I do not really see the real objective of having this discussion, to debate whether Dorje Shugden is evil so more persecution on DS followers or that Dalai Lama is fake? To mediate between the pro and anti-shugden parties to bring peace and harmony? I do hope the moderator Dr Nathan Will has done enough research to remain neutral in discussion.

Galen

• Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2014, 09:38:00 AM »
Looking forward to see this panel of discussion, although rather lop sided. At least this Dr Hill is inviting another panel on recommendation from Kelsang Rabten. Let's hope that this discussion will bring more awareness on the suffering of the people who are practicing Dorje Shugden. They have the right for their freedom of religion and this ban is not creating that freedom. 

This is a good step from a University to take to discuss about this subject which the Dalai Lama is trying to ignore. So, may this effort bring more discussion in more universities around the world.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2014, 03:38:00 AM »
This is going to be an interesting debate. I hope the pro-Dalai Lama representatives will not be there to make troubles.

I think the protests that were organised by International Shugden Community has achieved its goal of getting publicity of awareness. The fact that an educational institute is organising a panel discussion on this issue shows that more people are aware of this issue and are concerned about it.

However, I do not really see the real objective of having this discussion, to debate whether Dorje Shugden is evil so more persecution on DS followers or that Dalai Lama is fake? To mediate between the pro and anti-shugden parties to bring peace and harmony? I do hope the moderator Dr Nathan Will has done enough research to remain neutral in discussion.

This is going to be an interesting debate?  I don't think we can say that the Dalai Lama's people getting most of the seats on the panel is going to be a debate. 

grandmapele

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2014, 06:31:26 AM »
This won't be much of a debate. Consolation is that there is more awareness out there with regards to Dorje Shugden even though it may not be neutral. At least, more people know of Dorje Shugden and hopefully will read more.