Author Topic: Dalai Lama the Peacemaker?  (Read 5169 times)

kris

Dalai Lama the Peacemaker?
« on: March 07, 2015, 04:19:23 PM »
I was going through some of the older articles in DorjeShugden.com and I found this:

http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/dalai-lama-the-peacemaker/

I don't know how I can miss this article, and really like this video:

Dalai Lama The Peacemaker?

While HH Dalai Lama and CTA keep saying there is no ban, there is no discrimination, but this video has a lot of evidence that the ban is plenty and very much alive. People are still being discriminated at this very moment.

Do watch this video, it is good information to know which can be used to refute CTA's claim.

lotus1

Re: Dalai Lama the Peacemaker?
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 02:16:44 AM »
There is clearly a ban. No matter how CTA tried to hide it.

How could people are forced to resign from their job, ostracized, vilified, driven out from their community and homes, been stabbed and all unfair treatment just because they follow their teaching’s teaching?

In Tibetan Buddhism, Guru devotion and the authentic of the lineage are important to get us to far in our spiritual practice. HH has been practicing Dorje Shugden practice passed down to him by his teachers for 40 years before he denounce the Dorje Shugden practice a cult, a spirit worship. Why would HH Dalai Lama denied his Gurus and all the lineage masters? If his Gurus are wrong, then all the teachings and attainment from him are wrong and no longer authentic. That also means the teaching from him are no longer has the blessings from Buddha and the lineage masters and would not lead us to attainment.

I sincerely hope HH Dalai Lama will stop all these and lift the ban. Please do not cause any more confusion and problems to the sufferings of the Dorje Shugden practitioners who do not harm anyone and just want to do their practice passed down by their teachers with devotions. Please give your love and compassion to all without discrimination.

dondrup

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 06:53:43 AM »
Is the Dalai Lama the peacemaker? That’s the question everyone should ask His Holiness!

Since His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama had implemented the ban on Dorje Shugden 18 years ago, we see a trail of mental and physical destructions inflicted upon Dorje Shugden followers. Tibetan Dorje Shugden followers in particular had experienced various forms of sufferings. Tibetan Dorje Shugden followers had been deprived of their human rights and religious freedoms. Evidences of these abound and yet His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama and Central Tibetan Administration refuted the existence of the ban on Dorje Shugden.

Dalai Lama Stop Lying! Please stop confusing the world! Please lift the ban!

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »
Listening to the contradictions from the Dalai Lama is very disturbing to my logical mind.  Dalai Lama is the most renowned and well known monk of the 20th and 21st centuries and by his Dharma teachings, many have turned to Buddhism as a refuge for the current lives.  That to me is a inspiration of this Great Man. 

The confusion now arises for me, how could the Ban on Dorje Shugden be so contradictory even by Dalai Lama's own words.  He confirms that there is no Ban and at the same time will take all possible ways to segregate the Shugden worshippers.

How could the world peacemaker not stop the suffering of Shugdenpas by just saying that there is religious freedom and Buddhists can worship whichever deity they choose.

The most illogical thing is to say that worshipping Dorje Shugden will harm him ie the Dalai Lama.  A Living Buddha like him does not have the Karma to be harmed.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 12:06:41 PM »
I watched this video once again and i felt this time so so sorry about the suffering of the monks and the lay people who are affected by the ban.
It has been twenty years already since the ban came into effect. It is time to end the ban.. Lets keep up the pressure on CTA and the dalai lama to lift the ban. 

We need to let the people of the world know there is a problem and discrimination against Dorje Shugden  practitioners.. That the dalai lama says one thing to western audiences and another to the Tibetans. Without the ban lifting Tibetans in exile will forever be split...

Midakpa

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 02:41:44 PM »
I sincerely hope H.H. the Dalai Lama will remove the ban on Dorje Shugden's practice. This practice has benefited people for hundreds of years and continues to do so. I have read testimonies of worshippers who have found relief from problems and suffering as a result of propitiating this Dharma Protector. Personally I have also found myself transformed a lot since I started this practice and have definitely become a better and happier person. The ban has resulted in a lot of confusion and suffering. A whole community has been split and friends and families are divided. I hope and pray all this will end soon. 

Kim Hyun Jae

• Email
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 03:04:57 PM »
I have watched the video above and all evidence clearly points to the existence of a BAN on Dorje Shugden including discrimination against their own Tibetans community who follows the DS practice and sangha who practices it. I actually felt sad that HHDL has denied DS practitioners including his own Gurus this practice and created so much suffering for others - both Tibetans and the non-Tibetans.

And yet HHDL kept on denying there is still a ban. All we want is for HHDL to say officially that there is NO more BAN on Dorje Shugden practice and that the Tibetans are free to practice it.

That is all we want.

christine V

• Email
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 03:58:35 PM »
I like this video, not only clearly pinpoint out there is a ban but too showing the suffering of the practitioner in the video.
Tibetan run out of Tibet because they wanted to preserved the dharma and spread to the world. Instead, Dorje Shugden practitioner become the victim of religion's apartheid. They become refugees amongst the refugees. Families members are seperated, monks are force to do something they do not wanted. Signage put up to humiliate them... It is very sad that Buddhist have to go through all this nonsense because of politic.
May Dalai Lama leave this ban soon. Too many people have suffered unnecessary due to this ban.

vajrastorm

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2015, 03:24:15 AM »
This video very clearly shows us that there is a ban. No matter how you argue over the use of the word 'ban', a ban is still a ban. It is a ban by virtual fact of the effects of its enforcement.

First, as a result of the ban, there is discrimination. Shugden worshippers are not allowed into shops, hospitals and clinics, and even schools run by  Tibetans in the Tibetan community -in-exile. Shugden followers are blatantly ostracized, separated from families, and even deprived of jobs.

Those who are vocal and protest are put on the "hit" or "wanted" list, and they and their families live in fear for their lives and safety.

The Dalai Lama said that he had to come down hard on Shugden practitioners because they "had pushed themselves too far". I wonder how, Shugden practitioners had done this.

The sad part is that, just overnight, a 400 year old lineage practice (practiced by many great and realized Masters  and even practiced by the 14th Dalai Lama himself for 40 years)is banned because the Dalai Lama said he had "made  a mistake" in practicing it earlier. How can Avalokiteshvara ever make a mistake about  a practice which has brought  countless benefits to so many over hundreds of years. Furthermore, how could he have given up a practice given to him by His own guru?