Author Topic: DORJE SHUGDEN IN NYINGMAPA THANKA  (Read 9483 times)

mountains

• MAY THE DALAI LAMA LIFT THE BAN AGAINST SHUGDEN
DORJE SHUGDEN IN NYINGMAPA THANKA
« on: December 18, 2007, 10:47:24 PM »
THIS UNIQUE AND ANTIQUE THANKA OF CENTRAL IMAGE DORJE SHUGDEN IS A RARE FIND. IT HAS GURU RINPOCHE DIRECTLY ABOVE DORJE SHUGDEN. SURROUNDING THEM ARE VARIOUS WELL-KNOWN YIDAMS PROPITIATED BY THE NYINGMAPA ORDER AS WELL AS YIDAMS MOSTLY PROPITIATED BY THE GELUG ORDER.

THIS SHOWS THAT PRACTITIONERS THAT ARE GENUINE OF WHATEVER SCHOOL, NYINGMAPA OR GELUG MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO DORJE SHUGDEN. AS HE IS AN ENLIGHTENED BEING, HE ASSISTS, GUIDES, PROTECTS, BESTOWS ON ALL WHO CALL UPON HIM WITH POSITIVE INTENTIONS. FROM DORJE SHUGDEN'S POINT OF VIEW, ALL SENTIENT BEINGS ARE WORTHY OF HIS ENLIGHTENED ASSISTANCE.

mountains

Re: DORJE SHUGDEN IN NYINGMAPA THANKA
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2007, 10:52:56 PM »
EVEN THE PEHAR GYELPO ( NECHUNG) IN HIS 6 ARMED WHITE FORM RIDING ON SNOW LION IS PICTURED RIGHT BELOW DORJE SHUGDEN ON THE LEFT. YOU CAN SEE PELDEN HLAMO, 6 ARMED MAHAKALA AS WELL. NYINGMAPA PROTECTOR RAHULA LOWER RIGHT. VAISRAVANA, YAMANTAKA, HAYAGRIVA ALL INCLUDED. FANTASTIC HOLY THANGKA.

THIS THANGKA BRINGS TOGETHER MANY UNIQUE ELEMENTS OF NYINGMAPA, GELUGPA, NECHUNG, WELL KNOWN YIDMAS OF GELUG AND NYINGMAPA ORDER.

TRULY A SACRED AND NECESSARY THANGKA FOR TODAY'S TIMES.

mountains

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2007, 11:21:18 PM »
This thangka depicts Dorje Shugden in his most wrathful form as Trakzey. Centre is Trakzey, upper left, short form yamantaka. Upper right Vajrayogini. Lower right, Setrap Chen and Lower left, Pelden Hlamo. And of course directly above centre, JAMGON TSONGKAPA.

mountains

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2007, 11:37:06 PM »
Beautiful Trakzey in a fully colored brass statue. What a wonderful piece to have on our alters. Dorje Shugden on a Garuda.

mountains

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2007, 11:39:50 PM »
fantastic!!

Namdrol

• Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 02:03:03 AM »
Refering to the first picture, this is very interesting and I hope to know if this is really a thangka drawn for the monastery to be propitiated, or just an art piece where the artist just decided to combine all the deities together in an unprecedented manner.

In the political scene, Nyingmas will never put Dorje Shugden in a dignified manner on their altar except to be stepped on by Dorje Drolo, so this thangka of Dorje Shugden with other pantheon of Nyingma lineage deities is really refreshing, this is how it should be if everyone truly practice Dharma.

dsiluvu

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 03:48:01 PM »
Wow... is this for real??? Where did you get this picture from?

If this is for real we can really rejoice for Dorje Shugden is a Buddha and would not be bias as to what sect or school you are from. I believe DS would protect and bless all practitioners as he is Manjushri in nature so there is no doubt he would help anyone who requires his help :)

However, this is an interesting article if anyone can verify, quote from http://truthaboutshugden.wordpress.com/2010/03/08/a-sakya-tale-part-three-dorje-shugden-the-great-compassionate-one/

In 1871 Kunga Nyingpo had his own son, Dragshul Trinley Rinchen. Dragshul Trinley Rinchen grew up to become the 39th Holder of the Sakya Throne.
In his autobiography, this lama explained that his father Kunga Nyingpo was Avalokiteshvara. In order to prove this, he recounted the story about Mahasiddha Pema Dudul and Trinley Rinchen detailed above and then wrote

The Dharma Protector Dorje Shugden Tsel definitively is Avalokiteshvara. The Nyingma Tantra Rinchen Nadun says “The one known as Dolgyal is not mistaken on the path to liberation, he is by nature the Great Compassionate One,” which establishes this by scripture.

The Great Je Sakyapa Kunga Nyingpo is well-known as an incarnation of the Arya Lotus in Hand (Avalokiteshvara). The Arya Lotus in Hand definitively is none other than the Lord of Mandalas, but provisionally by assuming the manner of a tenth level bodhisattva he simultaneously sports billions of superior, middling and inferior emanations to accomplish immeasurable benefit for beings, such as setting them on paths to the higher realms and liberation. (2)

Thus in order to show that his father was Avalokiteshvara, he set out to show that his father was well-known to have been an emanation of Dorje Shugden, and then demonstrated with a quotation from Nyingma tantra that Dorje Shugden and Avalokiteshvara are the same person.

whitelion

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
Rejoice to see this post, thanks DS.com.

A lot of people say DS is a Gelug protector. From my understanding DS is one of the emanation of Manjushri, who have no different with Manjushri, hence I think DS it's not a Gelug protector but a protector who manifest in our time but wide spread in Gelug.

One of the most influential Nyima Lama, HH Khenpo Jigme Punchok Rinpoche was born in meditation posture and immediately recite 7 times Manjushri's mantra "OM AH RA BA ZA NA DHI", it's very clear sign Manjushri is wide practice in all lineage so I'm not surprise some of Nyima Lama actually practicing DS as one their protector.

I found this video of HH Khenpo Jigme Punchok Rinpoche which tell clearly the auspicious sign while he was born. watch the video with chinese subtitle (00.50)
Dzogchen Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok 1 - Golok Sertha LarungGar]
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nPA7DxIKQw#noexternalembed]Dzogchen Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok 1 - Golok Sertha LarungGar
[/url]

whitelion

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2012, 08:57:19 PM »
Dzogchen Khenpo Jigme Phuntsok 1 - Golok Sertha LarungGar (The video's owner prevents external embedding)

Rejoice to see this post, thanks DS.com.

A lot of people say DS is a Gelug protector. From my understanding DS is one of the emanation of Manjushri, who have no different with Manjushri, hence I think DS it's not a Gelug protector but a protector who manifest in our time but wide spread in Gelug.

One of the most influential Nyima Lama, HH Khenpo Jigme Punchok Rinpoche was born in meditation posture and immediately recite 7 times Manjushri's mantra "OM AH RA BA ZA NA DHI", it's very clear sign Manjushri is wide practice in all lineage so I'm not surprise some of Nyima Lama actually practicing DS as one their protector.

I found this video of HH Khenpo Jigme Punchok Rinpoche which tell clearly the auspicious sign while he was born. watch the video with chinese subtitle (00.50)

Dondrup Shugden

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 04:28:12 PM »
Wow, feast your eyes.  How wonderful to be able to see such beautiful thangkas with image of Dorje Shugden.