Author Topic: Trijang Dorje Chang's previous lives Thangka Bio  (Read 15335 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Trijang Dorje Chang's previous lives Thangka Bio
« on: March 01, 2010, 09:35:51 PM »

Dear everyone,

You can download these pics as it is in high resolution. What a wonderful addition to your shrines or a gift to others.

TK

==============================================================================================

1. Chogyel Gewa Chuzin
2. Palden Dawa Drakpa (Candrakirti)
3. Lama Drimey Palden

1. Gyelsey Jangsem Rinchen Shenyen
2. Jowo Atisha
3. Kenchen Shitso

1. Choje Monlam Pelba
2. Geshe Langri Thangpa Dorje Sengye
3. Choje Lodro Palsang
4. Salo Jampel Dorje

1. Karmapa Migyo Dorje
2. Sur Choying Rangdrol
3. Gaden Tripa Jangchup Chopel
4. Gaden Tripa Losang Tsultrim

Kyabje Yongzin Trijang Dorje Chang Lobsang Yeshe Tenzin Gyatso Pelsangpo

download high resolution files here:
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/pg312.jpg
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/pg313.jpg
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/pg314.jpg
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/pg315.jpg
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/images/pg316.jpg

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Re: Trijang Dorje Chang's previous lives Thangka Bio
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2010, 04:14:46 AM »
OMG

Such beautiful and detailed pictures of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's previous incarnations!!! I've got a postcard copy of the entire thing a friend sent to me from Lama Gangchen's centre. Let me go find out where it is and post it here!

Lovely lovely, thank you thank you!

HN
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Big Uncle

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2010, 04:36:57 AM »
Thank you TK!! These are splendid representations of Trijang Rinpoche's previous lives! I love the vividness and energy of these illustrations. I heard that the first incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche was Channa, the Indian companion of Lord Buddha Shakyamuni who assisted him out of the palace. I wonder if he is illustrated here as well...

I love Chandrakirti! If I remember correctly, Nagarjuna's (his Guru) view of emptiness was so profound that it had several interpretations and Chandrakirti's texts and interpretation was held as the closest later on. In fact, it sprung a whole school called the Madhyamaka Prasangika school from which Lama Tsongkhapa was said to have derived his main inspiration in his studies and meditations to gain unparalleled view of emptiness.

On top of that, I love lamas (Chandrakirti) who are painted in the position of debating. How dynamic and powerful! The other Lama I know that is painted like that is the great Panchen Sonam Drakpa - a predecessor of Dorje Shugden.

Lineageholder

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2010, 09:49:42 AM »
Dear tk, thank you so much for this. 

I previously posted asking for a list of Trijang Dorjechang's previous incarnations and this illustrates them beautifully.  I know many of the more famous ones such as Chandrakirti, Atisha and Geshe Langri Tangpa, but are the biographies of the others available anywhere?  I haven't googled the names yet, that was the next thing I was going to do.

Big Uncle

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2011, 04:43:38 PM »
The first incarnations - Chogyel Gewa Chuzin.... If I am not mistaken is the Channa- Buddha Shakyamuni's most trusted charioteer who led Buddha our of the palace of his final days in luxury.

Another notable incarnation is Karmapa Migyo Dorje, who apparently took his place while the Karmapa's incarnation was recognized as the Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche's incarnation. It was apparently a divine play of the two incarnations that reveal the empty nature of their incarnation names.

Sur Choying Randrol is obviously a Nyingma Lama. In that incarnation, he was Nyingma and once more showing that no matter what tradition they follow, the ultimate intention of the Tulkus is to benefit others. The lineage and tradition they follow are merely vehicles for them to fulfill this. In that way, the teachings have become a part of them and not something they learn.

DSFriend

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2011, 07:33:49 PM »

Sur Choying Randrol is obviously a Nyingma Lama. In that incarnation, he was Nyingma and once more showing that no matter what tradition they follow, the ultimate intention of the Tulkus is to benefit others. The lineage and tradition they follow are merely vehicles for them to fulfill this. In that way, the teachings have become a part of them and not something they learn.

Well said Big Uncle. The essence of the teaching are embodied by these great beings and thus, these beings return again and again to show us how to do it! These thangkhas of the many illustrious incarnations of Trijang Rinpoche is truely a blessing to behold!

thaimonk

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 04:12:24 AM »

I do not mean any disrespect to the current Trijang Rinpoche.

What does everyone think of him becoming a lay person with a wife perhaps children later?

Do you think his dharma activity will grow as a lay person or will there be more difficulties because of it?

What is your opinion in that will the world accept him more or much less because of removing the robes?

Does it shock you, make you lose confidence in him for removing his robes and marrying?

DharmaSpace

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 02:39:00 PM »
Dear Thaimonk,
If the previous mindstreams of Trijang Rinpoche benefitted others constantly and without stop like it was in the Illusory play  I can't see how changing his outer appearance will stop him  from benefitting others. 
Some will accept and some will not, i think Trijang Rinpoche would have weighed that it benefits more to be lay. Chogyam Trungpa gave back him monk vows but he did great work still.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2011, 04:38:58 PM »
I believe Enlightened or highly attained Masters such as HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche will know what is best. Meaning, HH Trijang Chocktrul Rinpoche will choose to 'appear' or 'disguise' himself as whatever that bring most benefit to all around him, for a certain time period.

After reading more Dharma books and Bios of different Lamas - especially one as 'colourful' and 'loud' as Chogyam Trungpa - it is becoming evident to me that attained Masters are truly different from the rest of us.

As ordinary as they may appear to us, they are anything but ordinary.

It no longer shocks me but it always leaves in awe and I am deeply moved by their amazing compassion...how their great compassion always compels them to do extraordinary things while appearing so ordinary.

It is immensely inspiring to say the least - deeply touching, in fact.

Gurus are just truly awesome and amazing. May all the Gurus live long.

And no matter what appearances the Gurus have to take on - it is truly to benefit their students or their target audience.
There is simply no doubt. Just look at their results. I need not say much more.
Helena

WoselTenzin

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 12:28:01 PM »

What does everyone think of him becoming a lay person with a wife perhaps children later?

Do you think his dharma activity will grow as a lay person or will there be more difficulties because of it?

What is your opinion in that will the world accept him more or much less because of removing the robes?

Does it shock you, make you lose confidence in him for removing his robes and marrying?

I believe that highly attained being like HH Trijang Choktrul Rinpoche will always choose the form that will be most beneficial to those who have karmic affinity to him.  Chogyam Trungpa gave back his vows because he felt that he could reach out to his students more effectively if he was a lay person.  The actions of enlightened beings are dependent on the beings they are here to benefit.  My teacher always say that whether or not he gives a teaching is dependent on his students and not him.

Since the actions of enlightened beings are motivated by pure intentions to benefit other beings, definitely whatever Dharma activities he does will have positive results.  It is the law of cause and effect and also his Dharma protector will see to it that his Dharma activity will be successful.

Of course, some religious conservatives will think that it's outrageous or outright inappropriate but that is due to their lack of understanding of the true nature of enlightened teachers.   Beings who have affinity with him will naturally find it acceptable which is precisely probably the reason for him not to be in robes.

Being in robes or not being in robes, married or not does not change the mind stream of an enlightened being.  It is only the outer appearance to facilitate the transmission of his teachings to those with affinity with him. For that reason, it does not shock me or make me lose confidence in him.  The quality of attainments of his previous incarnations will be brought forward to his current incarnation regardless of what appearance he takes on.

pgdharma

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2011, 02:36:01 PM »

My opinion is that highly attained lamas can choose any form to take as long as it is of benefit to others. Whether in layman's clothes, monks robes or no clothes, having a wife and children is just outer appearance. The end result is more important. We should not have preconceived mind of how a monk should or should not react.

triesa

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2011, 04:22:55 PM »

Personally, I  believe enlightened being like the current Trijang Rinpoche will manifest what is best for his students and other sentient beings at that period of time. How people view him being disrobed really depends on the understanding of each individual practitioner. Some would think bad of him and some would not be affected by this at all.  Even if he has to marry or has children later, that does not shock me or make me lose confidence.

I hate to say this, but the majority of practitioners or followers are bind by certain concepts and methods of how a lama should behave..........the way a lama should speak or act, anything out of the box is considered unappropriate and bad.

Perhaps, we should see this as a teaching, why should we be bothered by how a lama should look like or behave, we should infact take refuge in the dharma he is teaching us and not his outward appearance. If he is an enlightened being, then whatever he wears outside, he is still an enlightened being.

The mere fact that a high lama like the current Trijang rinpoche disrobed himself, should already be a lesson for his own students, perhaps it is to tell his students that they do not creat the merits for Trijang Rinpoche to teach them and stay with them.  Why would Trijang Rinpoche reincarnate back to be away from the students he had taught before?

beggar

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2011, 04:50:07 PM »

Interesting questions, thanks for making us think!

I agree with most here that highly attained masters like Trijang Rinpoche will take on whichever appearance is most beneficial at the time and for the people there. Look at teachers like Chogyam Trungpa who had a wife and was lay - his benefit to people and the number of people he inspired into Dharma was tremendous, probably BECAUSE of his lay appearance.

I did however, think there may be another thought to this. The teachers on their side will never change, but how much they manifest their attainments and teachings will depend on the side of the students and their merits. Could it be that what seems like a detour from the traditional path of Buddhism is a result of students having broken samaya? So many of his students in the world have denounced a practise that he worked so hard in his previous life to bring to people - people are deliberately and openly saying he is wrong and his practices are wrong. Isn't this broken samaya that manifests into not being able to receive any further teachings from the Lama?

So his lay appearance could go either way....

triesa

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
[
Interesting questions, thanks for making us think!

I agree with most here that highly attained masters like Trijang Rinpoche will take on whichever appearance is most beneficial at the time and for the people there. Look at teachers like Chogyam Trungpa who had a wife and was lay - his benefit to people and the number of people he inspired into Dharma was tremendous, probably BECAUSE of his lay appearance.

I did however, think there may be another thought to this. The teachers on their side will never change, but how much they manifest their attainments and teachings will depend on the side of the students and their merits. Could it be that what seems like a detour from the traditional path of Buddhism is a result of students having broken samaya? So many of his students in the world have denounced a practise that he worked so hard in his previous life to bring to people - people are deliberately and openly saying he is wrong and his practices are wrong. Isn't this broken samaya that manifests into not being able to receive any further teachings from the Lama?

So his lay appearance could go either way....

Yes Begger, the students of the current Trijang Rinpoche denounced the practice of Dorje Shugden, so they look good and in alliance with TGIE. So this is plain simple to understand....... if the students said the Shugden practice of the previous incarnation as well as the current incarnation of Trijang Rinpoche was wrong, then why would Trijang Rinpoche stay on to teach them??

How can the students said this teaching is right but this practice is wrong? If the students just want to be politcally right, then they surely do not have enough merits for Trijang Rinpoche to stay and teach them anymore. It is really sad and ironic that your teacher has reincarnated back and not staying with the center and his students.

Something to contemplate........

Big Uncle

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2011, 03:40:07 AM »

If Kyabje Zong Rinpoche, the Dalai Lama and so many High Lamas recognized him as the undisputed incarnation of Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, then I will believe he is the incarnation. However, not many people especially Gelug traditionalists will find it easy to accept this fact. I think there are more people who wouldn't be able to accept this fact because it would seem to many people that he had abandoned his vows. It doesn't shock me but it does make me look at him differently, perhaps with less reverence and less confidence although he is a High Lama.