Author Topic: I like Thom's Posts always  (Read 13632 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
I like Thom's Posts always
« on: March 14, 2010, 10:38:56 AM »
ANOTHER GREAT POST FROM THOMAS DAVID CANADA BELOW. Thanks alot!

Extracted from Guestbook: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/Guestbook/
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Easy Yet Powerful
March 9, 2010
The following has been extracted from H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's blog.

People have asked me thousands of times what practice they should do daily. They are busy, pressured for time and have heavy commitments. I understand. I sympathize that with so little time, they are sincere enough to want to connect with something higher daily. Perhaps for sanity's sake or perhaps from realizations that THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WHAT WE GET TRAPPED IN.

Thousands of times I have replied to take the Gaden Hlagyama meditational practice of Lord Tsongkhapa daily. Why? It is short, simple and complete.

Recite the healing Migtsema mantra with concentration 21 times a day, or one rosary, or any amount you are comfortable with. Do this daily. Daily without missing.

Believe, trust and let go of projections during your mantra time and absorb Tsongkhapa's healing energy into you.

Let Him heal you of depression, self-hatred, low self-esteem, stress and fears. Do it daily to reinforce and make the positive energy grow. Do it well. Do it with full understanding that there are higher powers THAT CAN HELP US short and long term.

Lord Tsongkhapa's practice requires no vows, no commitments and no 'dangerous' meditations. It is gentle yet healing. All encompassing. It is short yet complete. It combines the energies of correct wisdom, unending compassion and skilful activities of the Enlightened Lord Tsongkapa into your being. This energy is great to tap into. Try it. Trust it. Let go.

Don't stress yourself with complicated practices. They are not what you need at this time.

Reward yourself with 15 minutes or more of delicious, healing meditations on Lord Tsongkhapa daily.

Commit to Tsongkhapa. Take Him as your sacred personal space Buddha.

You will get results.

Much care,
Tsem Tulku
www.kechara.com

DharmaDefender

Re: I like Thom's Posts always
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2010, 10:36:19 PM »
ANOTHER GREAT POST FROM THOMAS DAVID CANADA BELOW. Thanks alot!

Extracted from Guestbook: http://www.dorjeshugden.com/Guestbook/
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Easy Yet Powerful
March 9, 2010
The following has been extracted from H.E. Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's blog.

People have asked me thousands of times what practice they should do daily. They are busy, pressured for time and have heavy commitments. I understand. I sympathize that with so little time, they are sincere enough to want to connect with something higher daily. Perhaps for sanity's sake or perhaps from realizations that THERE IS MORE TO LIFE THAN WHAT WE GET TRAPPED IN.

Thousands of times I have replied to take the Gaden Hlagyama meditational practice of Lord Tsongkhapa daily. Why? It is short, simple and complete.

Recite the healing Migtsema mantra with concentration 21 times a day, or one rosary, or any amount you are comfortable with. Do this daily. Daily without missing.

Believe, trust and let go of projections during your mantra time and absorb Tsongkhapa's healing energy into you.

Let Him heal you of depression, self-hatred, low self-esteem, stress and fears. Do it daily to reinforce and make the positive energy grow. Do it well. Do it with full understanding that there are higher powers THAT CAN HELP US short and long term.

Lord Tsongkhapa's practice requires no vows, no commitments and no 'dangerous' meditations. It is gentle yet healing. All encompassing. It is short yet complete. It combines the energies of correct wisdom, unending compassion and skilful activities of the Enlightened Lord Tsongkapa into your being. This energy is great to tap into. Try it. Trust it. Let go.

Don't stress yourself with complicated practices. They are not what you need at this time.

Reward yourself with 15 minutes or more of delicious, healing meditations on Lord Tsongkhapa daily.

Commit to Tsongkhapa. Take Him as your sacred personal space Buddha.

You will get results.

Much care,
Tsem Tulku
www.kechara.com

In the midst of all this hullabaloo about Dorje Shugden, we seem to always forget about our founder Lord Tsongkhapa, without whom we wouldn't have the teachings we treasure...and the teachings which Dorje Shugden protects because enlightened as he is, Dorje Shugden is 'just' a protector and defers to what Lama Tsongkhapa says.

a friend

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 01:30:44 AM »

Allelluiah Mr. Bean!
Finally it´s starting to pick up some speed. Finallly maybe people are going to start to realize that this Protector issue only has meaning if we think of Lord Tsongkapa´s teachings.
Thank you Dharmadefender, Tk, Thom, and ... Tsem Tulku!

By the way, Tsem Tulku was the disciple of two most holy Lamas, two extraordinary Protector´s practitioners, subsequently Khensur Rinpoche Lobsang Tharchin and Zong Rinpoche. No wonder he tries to disseminate the teachings of Je Tsongkhapa ...

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2010, 11:36:31 AM »
I remembered years back when I first met my Lama, the first thing that he taught me was the Guru Yoga of Je Tsongkhapa. He even made me memorize it within days and had me do a recital by heart in front of a group of students. Since then, Gaden Lhagyama has been the core practice in my life. It is short, sweet and profound. When I was grounded in that practice only did my Lama introduce me to Dorje Shugden.

I think it's good for everyone to do the same. After all, Lama Tsongkhapa IS Dorje Shugden's Guru.

Thanks TK for reminding our roots to spread Lama Tsongkhapa's teachings thru DS and vice versa

HN
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2010, 12:05:28 PM »
I LOVE this thread. A timely reminder to focus on Lord Tsongkhapa. When I first learned about Dorje Shugden, I read the Heart Jewel book, which advised to focus on Tsongkhapa and then the Protector.

By the way, I've been looking at Tsem Tulku's blog - fantastic sharings and photographs. I also looked at his website and there's so much to read there. Very cool Lama. I'd like to visit Malaysia and meet him someday. Pity that he doesn't practice Shugden.

A Friend - Another of Tsem Tulku's gurus was Geshe Tsultim Gyeltsen in LA. Tenzin Sungrab shared a very nice story about Geshela on another thread in the forum (Nuclear Mahasiddhas topic). Yeah - i agree that Tsem Tulku's gurus were all very special.

Anyway, thanks for sharing everyone.

"In dependence on the two combined accumulations
Of myself and others over the three times,
May the Conqueror Losang Drakpa’s
Teachings flourish for a very long time."

Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

a friend

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2010, 04:10:03 PM »

Dear Wisdombeing,

Don´t pity too soon. It´s very possible that Tsem Tulku does practice the Protector in secret. In his website people have tried to speak ill of the Protector and the Protector´s practitioners and they have been cut by the blog´s leaders (obviously under directions of Tsem Tulku). They even answered once, as coming from him, "and what if in the end if the Protector were an enlightened being, how much are you going to regret your words about him being a malignant spirit" ... (this is not a quote, but it´s the exact concept).
He cannot proclaim what is in his heart which is obviously a total respect for the Dharmapala as a Buddha, regardless of him having received the practice or not. Don´t forget who were his first Gurus, and how much he proclaims to love them and revere them ... whose advice do you think he follows? Valid cognition through reasoning is supreme in our system ...
So maybe there´s nothing to pity there ... except the effects of the ban, as usual.

Karmavajra

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2010, 05:38:17 PM »
Hello,

I never heard or read anywhere that Tsem tulku had abandonned the Protector.

In fact he made clear in one of his videos the he had never broken any of the commitments given to him by Zong Dorjechang, never!

Enough said.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2010, 08:29:48 PM »
Hmmm I will go and read more on Tsem tulku's website and watch his videos (gawd - there are so many!). i've definitely NEVER come across a Lama like him before!!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

honeydakini

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2010, 10:36:31 PM »
A timely reminder to focus on Lord Tsongkhapa. When I first learned about Dorje Shugden, I read the Heart Jewel book, which advised to focus on Tsongkhapa and then the Protector.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. This is after all, the essence of the practice that connects us so strongly with our precious Gurus and the whole lineage of Gurus that precede him. I too have read Heart Jewel - does anyone have any other recommendations for books on Tsongkhapa's Guru Yoga? I've found it quite hard to find prominent, accessible books on this, which seems slightly odd to me considering what a central practice it is.

Interestingly, one of the first books that someone gave me about the Guru Yoga was by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, so my first encounter way, way back wasn't even within the Gelugpa lineage. Beautiful to note how much overlap there is; of course there would be. If only the world focused more on these similarities than on the supposed sectarianism of different schools - sigh! Dorje Shugden - indeed any protector - would be pleased if we just kept our samaya clean, practised sincerely and kept our commitments to our practices.

Geronimo

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2010, 10:49:58 PM »
Try Tsem tulku's web site for Je T'Song Khapa books.

Check out the Vajrayoginni images on Tsem Rinpoche's site
http://www.tsemtulku.com/en/teachings/contemplations/indulge-vajra-treats/menu-id-15.html
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 11:02:37 PM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »

thor

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 05:48:36 AM »
A timely reminder to focus on Lord Tsongkhapa. When I first learned about Dorje Shugden, I read the Heart Jewel book, which advised to focus on Tsongkhapa and then the Protector.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. This is after all, the essence of the practice that connects us so strongly with our precious Gurus and the whole lineage of Gurus that precede him. I too have read Heart Jewel - does anyone have any other recommendations for books on Tsongkhapa's Guru Yoga? I've found it quite hard to find prominent, accessible books on this, which seems slightly odd to me considering what a central practice it is.

Interestingly, one of the first books that someone gave me about the Guru Yoga was by Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, so my first encounter way, way back wasn't even within the Gelugpa lineage. Beautiful to note how much overlap there is; of course there would be. If only the world focused more on these similarities than on the supposed sectarianism of different schools - sigh! Dorje Shugden - indeed any protector - would be pleased if we just kept our samaya clean, practised sincerely and kept our commitments to our practices.

Hi HD,

You're right, the range of tsongkapa books available on the shelf is rather abysmal but the following are alright as well:
Life and Teachings of Tsong Khapa by Prof Thurman
http://www.amazon.com/Teachings-Tsong-Khapa-Robert-Thurman/dp/8185102163

Dje Tsongkhapa by Francoise Wang
http://www.amazon.com/Dje-Tsongkhapa-Francoise-Wang/dp/2913310028

May more books manifest to benefit more!

Midakpa

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 10:22:05 AM »
Dear a friend,

You may be right.  :)

Midakpa

Geronimo

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 03:48:58 AM »
However, all Three Jewels are needed to protect one completely from samsara and the lower realms. To cure a patient of a severe illness, three things are needed: a doctor, medicine, and nurses. Similarly, in order to be freed from the serious illnesses of the sufferings of samsara and the lower realms, the danger of the peace [of Hinayana Arhats], or [samsaric] existence, one definitely needs all these: the Buddha, the teacher of the liberating path, who is like the doctor; the Dharma, the liberating path of the three scopes, which is like the medicine; and the Sangha, the friends of the Dharma practitioners, who are like the nurses. So, these three are things to take refuge in.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 04:54:19 AM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »

Big Uncle

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 03:50:52 AM »
GANDEN LHA GYAMA
The Hundred Deities Of The Land Of Joy

Invocation
From the heart of the Protector of the hundreds of deities of the land of joy,
Comes a cloud that resembles a mass of fresh white curd.
Omniscient Lozang Drakpa
King of the Dharma, together with your sons,
I request you to come on its tip.

1.Beseeching
0 venerable Gurus with white smiles of delight,
Seated on lion-thrones, lotus and moon in the space before me,
I request you to remain for hundreds of eons
In order to spread the teachings,
And be the supreme field of merit for my mind of faith.

2.Prostration
Your minds have the intellect that comprehends the full extent of what can be known,
Your speech, with its excellent explanations, becomes
the ear-ornament for those of good fortune,
Your bodies are radiantly handsome with glory renowned,
I prostrate to you whom to behold, hear, or recall is worthwhile.

3.Offering
Pleasing water offerings, various flowers,
Fragrant incense, light, and scented water,
This ocean of such cloud-like offerings,
Both actually arranged and mentally created,
I present to you, 0 supreme Field of Merit.

4.Confession
Whatever non-virtues of body, speech and mind
l have accumulated since beginningless time,
And especially any transgressions of my three vows,
I confess over and again with fervent regret from my heart.

5.Rejoicing
From the depths of our hearts we rejoice, 0 Protectors,
In the great waves of your deeds, you who
Strove to learn and practice in this degenerate age
And who made your fully-endowed life worthwhile
by abandoning the eight worldly feelings.

6.Requesting Teachings
You, the great Masters, may your sky of Dharmakaya
Develop the clouds of love and compassion and
Shower the profound and deep teachings
As suitable, on the ground of your disciples.

7.Dedication
I dedicate whatever virtues I have ever collected
For the sake of the teachings and of all sentient beings,
And in particular for the essential teachings
Of Venerable Lozang Drakpa to shine forever.
O glorious and precious root Guru, come take your
Lotus and Moon seat placed here on my head
And keep me safe in your great kindness.
Bestow on me please the powerful attainments of your body,speech and mind.

MIK ME  TZE WAI  TER CHEN  CHEN RE ZIK
DRI ME  KYEN PAI  WANG PO  JAM PEL YANG
DU PUNG  MA LU JOM DZE  SANG WAI DAK
GANG CHEN  KE PAI  TZUK GYEN  TSONG KHAPA
LoZANG  DRAK PAI  ZHAB LA  SOL WA DEB          (3x, 21x, 108x or more)

You are Avalokiteshvara, great treasure of compassion  not aimed at dualistic existence,
And Manjushri, master of flawless wisdom,
As well as Vajrapani, destroyer of all the demons  without exception.
0 Tsongkhapa, crown jewel of the sages of the Land of Snows,
Lozang Drakpa, I make request at your feet.

May the wisdom which follows learning, thinking
and meditating increase,
And may the wisdom of teaching, debating
and composing increase.
May I achieve ordinary and extraordinary accomplishments.
Bless me to quickly become like you.
May the simultaneously born great bliss shine immediately
And the delusion shadow of inherent existence be cleared.
Cut the net of doubts of the true nature of mind.
Bless me to quickly become like you.

Lotus and Moon seat placed here on my head
Bestow on me please the powerful attainments of your body, speech and mind.

Lotus and Moon seat placed here at my heart
Help me to achieve ordinary and extraordinary accomplishments.

Lotus and Moon seat placed here at my heart
Remain steadfast until I achieve Buddhahood.

Geronimo

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 08:51:35 PM »
Buddhism has the characteristics of what would be expected in a cosmic religion for the future:
It transcends a personal God, avoids dogmas and theology; it covers both the natural and the spiritual, and it is based on a religious sense aspiring from the experience of all things, natural and spiritual, as a meaningful unity.”
Albert Einstein

Healing the Wounded Healer,
One Day at a Time !
Vows we remember
In Our Everyday Life
The Ones We Forget
As We Pass by an Unhappy Face
Forgetting to Mirror In Our Smiles
The Secret That Buddha Shared
and Je T'Song Khapa Clarified!
The Love We Give
Is Given In That Moment