Author Topic: Distributing 700 packets a month!!  (Read 14199 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Distributing 700 packets a month!!
« on: April 04, 2010, 11:42:43 PM »
Fantastic!!

Kechara House has 12 depts of which one is Kechara Soup Kitchen and they distribute over 700 packets of food to the homeless in their city every month!!

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/04/back-to-the-streets-more-volunteers-for-ksk.html

and

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/03/why-i-conceived-of-kechara-soup-kitchen-or-ksk.html

These two above are interesting blog reads. Tsem Rinpoche is another Gelugpa Rinpoche/group doing good works for others. Remember Tsem Rinpoche is a student of Kyabje Zong Rinpoche.

TK

Geronimo

Re: Distributing 700 packets a month!!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2010, 11:52:40 PM »
We know tk, that Tsem Rinpoche is a Very Devoted to Kyabje Zong Rinpoche.
Do you know the lastest with his activities?
Tsem Rinpoche addresses the world as it is, to Flourish The Dharma.
I am enthralled to witness this Sangha's Path,as they cut through the briars of Samsara is very neat!
 Going to the Streets. Like Lord Buddha sent the monks with only the bare necessities to Flourish the Dharma.
I always liked the ZONG going with the ZAP!
We were all Zong_ Zapped!
Just like Tsem Tulku Rinpoche say he is.
What a Power House,Zapped by Zong!
So smart!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 08:51:18 PM by Lhakpa Gyaltshen »

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2010, 12:05:50 AM »
Here is a link to an article on his website about when Tsem Tulku helped a friend of mine *wink, wink* with his work at a homeless shelter in America.

http://www.tsemtulku.com/en/news/ladrang/helping-hope-house/menu-id-266.html

His blog:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/03/hope-house-and-dukehelp-themplease.html
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 01:45:46 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

Lee Dhi

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2010, 03:55:25 AM »
Thanks for introducing Tsem Tulku Rinpoche and Kechara! Through other threads and postings, I have had the good fortune to know of Tsem Rinpoche's and Kechara activities. I even got the chance to do some guilt-free shopping (they have such wonderful books: professionally put together and wonderful easy to grasp information and teachings. Too exciting!!!) and requested to receive their news updates over email.

Anyways, back to the subject matter: Kechara Soup Kitchen. Not only is this department taking action to lighten the suffering of 700 people by filling their stomach, they are taking their work one more level up! They help these unfortunate individuals find jobs: making the help sustainable...teaching you to fish instead of only giving you the fish! Very strategic way of implementing kindness. I guess this is what Buddha meant by: exercising compassion with wisdom.

What is also glaringly inspiring is that the work is not done by His Eminence alone. It is done by his students. This is even more sustainable and empowering than having Tsem Rinpoche do all the work! As we have the saying: We see in children the upbringing by their parents. Here, we see in the students the teachings of their kind Guru!

I wish Kechara and Tsem Rinpoche swift success in all their projects.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2010, 08:27:45 PM »
Feeding the homeless is truly compassion in action. That's what Dharma is about - to help others. Of course there are many levels but food is the most basic need and i applaud Kechara Soup Kitchen, Hope House and many others all round the world who serve those less fortunate than ourselves.

by the way, i notice this Lama, Tsem Tulku Rinpoche, has been increasingly mentioned in several threads, though I recall seeing his name first mentioned by Lhakpa Gyaltshen. Just for fun, you know when i googled for 'Rinpoche', Tsem Tulku came up as the 3rd ranked! Amazing.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Midakpa

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2010, 02:28:54 AM »
Besides helping Shar Gaden and Serpom, I think it is very meritorious to help other Dharma centres that are doing good work such as Kechara House which has 12 departments! It is making dharma grow in that part of the world. Could you forward a bank address and contact details? Thank you.

honeydakini

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2010, 04:48:57 PM »
Great to hear about what this new, young generation of Lamas are doing in the world.

People always ask what will happen when the Dalai Lama passes away? Who will the world listen to then? I believe it's this whole new generation of lamas that will take over, leaving all the old silly politics behind. When you look at the works of lamas like tsem tulku rinpoche, Gangchen Rinpoche and Lama Michel, all the students of the NKT, it's like a spiritual rennaissance - these organisations concentrate very purely on dharma practice and community work to bring relief to others.

In this day and age, this is what people are looking for - not all the politics. New dharma organisations like this in the world are very inspiring because WHAT THEY DO and they will arise as the next generation of Buddhism that people will look to and join. I believe the TGIE and all that will just fade away when dalai lama passes because they don't provide any of this kind of relief, solace, benefit - they just create more confusion and suffering in the minds of the very people who follow them.

DSFriend

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2010, 08:57:19 AM »
From what I know, the Protector of Tsem Tulku's organisation is Dharmapala Setrap.

Due to Tsem Tulku's devotion to Zong Rinpoche, I won't be surprised if Tsem Tulku get accused and bombarded that he has abandoned his Protector practice because he is heavily promoting Dharmala Setrap. Coming from those who are against Dorje Shugden, I won't be surprised if they accuse him instead of practicing Dorje Shugden secretly.

Tsem Tulku is doing such an amazing work in a country where there is no mass consciousness in Buddhism.
May all forms of accusations, gossips, obstacles be pacified that this perfect incarnation may be of most benefit to others.
May his students gain attainments and be of great ambassadors of the Buddha Dharma.
May Tsem Tulku Rinpoche live long and all necessary resources (inner and outer) to quickly manifest to build Kechara World Peace Centre.

DSFriend
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:01:43 AM by DSFriend »

Lee Dhi

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
Honeydakini, I completely agree with you! Although I did not check out the other “young generation Lamas” you mentioned, I have been checking out Tsem Tulku Rinpoche’s teachings.

TSEM RINPOCHE DOES NOT TALK POLITICS! H.E FOCUSED PURELY ON DHARMA SUBJECTS!!! In fact, (from my understanding of Tsem Rinpoche’s teachings) Tsem Tulku Rinpoche tells students to focus purely on Dharma and not get involved in politics between Protectors, Centers, Lamas etc. because that will disrupt the growth of Dharma for oneself, other Dharma learners and ultimately other sentient beings at large.

How delightful…this is what Buddhadharma is meant to be!

I read a quote from Tsem Rinpoche:

"If you have one less argument with your partner, that’s Dharma.
If you have one less attachment, that’s Dharma.
If you control your anger once a day, that’s Dharma.
If you forgive your partner, that’s Dharma.
All that is Dharma.
That is what Dharma is: Dharma is about bringing people together."

I believe that, to many young spiritual seekers, Tsem Rinpoche makes Dharma simple and practical in today’s social structure. I hope that more young people will get their hands on such teachings!

May Tsem Rinpoche be protected from all wrong accusations so that all of Tsem Rinpoche’s efforts and those of Tsem Rinpoche’s students will contribute efficiently and effectively to the spread of Dharma for the benefit of all beings.

honeydakini

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2010, 04:31:20 PM »
there are many forums which debate ENDLESSLY about whether Tsem Rinpoche practises Dorje Shugden, is he bad, is he good, is he doing "bad" practices, is he clean, do the monastery accept him etc etc

I've always wondered about that. It must be so tiring for these people to always second-guess and have long long long animated discussions like this. Actually, what does it really matter? Most important, as with all lamas, is to check out what they are doing, the results of their actions and speech, their motivation, their compassion - do they bring more people into Dharma? Are their students practising and transforming? How is this lama benefiting others?

It is very clear from all of the Kechara websites and presence online that they are bringing plenty of benefit to others - just look at this original thread about the 700 packets of food they're giving to the homeless people of their city. Whether Tsem Rinpoche practises Dorje Shugden or not shouldn't be the only topic of discussion. His benefit and kindness towards others should be. If he practises Dorje Shugden, it is wonderful; and if he doesn't practise Dorje Shugden, it is still wonderful because either way, he is achieving so much for others.

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:12 PM »
there are many forums which debate ENDLESSLY about whether Tsem Rinpoche practises Dorje Shugden, is he bad, is he good, is he doing "bad" practices, is he clean, do the monastery accept him etc etc

I've always wondered about that. It must be so tiring for these people to always second-guess and have long long long animated discussions like this. Actually, what does it really matter? Most important, as with all lamas, is to check out what they are doing, the results of their actions and speech, their motivation, their compassion - do they bring more people into Dharma? Are their students practising and transforming? How is this lama benefiting others?

It is very clear from all of the Kechara websites and presence online that they are bringing plenty of benefit to others - just look at this original thread about the 700 packets of food they're giving to the homeless people of their city. Whether Tsem Rinpoche practises Dorje Shugden or not shouldn't be the only topic of discussion. His benefit and kindness towards others should be. If he practises Dorje Shugden, it is wonderful; and if he doesn't practise Dorje Shugden, it is still wonderful because either way, he is achieving so much for others.

I couldn't agree more about Tsem Rinpoche. He refuses to feed into the controversy and I can respect that. I also believe him when he says that he has NEVER broken samaya with Kyabje Zong Rinpoche. I believe this regardless of whether or not Zong Rinpoche gave him the Dorje Shugden sog-te.
 Either way, I trust him and rejoice in his deeds for the Dharma.
 His activities with Kechara Soup Kitchen, his animal sanctuary, animal liberation practices, not to mention his countless other Dharma activities, well...actions speak louder than words as they say.

bigbug

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2010, 06:31:24 AM »
Dear Midakpa,

I was browsing kechara's website and i found out they accept online donation for Kechara Soup Kitchen.
Just visit their website and click on the HELP icon!!
I tried the donation link and it works  ;)

Lets do more to help those in need!

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2010, 09:30:05 AM »
Dear Midakpa,

I was browsing kechara's website and i found out they accept online donation for Kechara Soup Kitchen.
Just visit their website and click on the HELP icon!!
I tried the donation link and it works  ;)

Lets do more to help those in need!

Dear bigbug,

Thank you for the news. I will donate for this worthy cause. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

TK

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2010, 10:55:39 AM »
Thanks for the info re donation link. It was really easy to use! At least I can contribute in my small way, since I am so far away and can't physically be there to help, the least i can do is make donations to support their hard work. Otherwise my saying how wonderful they are doesn't amount to much.

Kudos to all those involved and of course to Tsem Rinpoche for inspiring these altruistic actions. Kechara is so lucky to have Tsem Rinpoche as their spiritual guide! I hope they don't take him for granted because it is so rare to have such a qualified spiritual guide in the same geographical location as ourselves.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thor

« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2010, 04:43:10 PM »
It is now 800+ packets per week.
Active Dharma, this is.