Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 232466 times)

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
Re: DS brochure
« Reply #465 on: November 26, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
It's amazing to hear how widely spread these brochures are... and all because someone came up with the idea to make these brochures! it all started with one person's idea, turned into action, which is planting so much Dharma seeds via Dorje Shugden throughout the world - Personally i find this astounding. Imagine if each and everyone of us took such initiative and carried it out.. the effects would be vastly multiplied! I'm continuing with my mini printing and distributions!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

« Reply #466 on: November 28, 2011, 05:20:37 PM »
Dorje Shugden yellow brochure and a pendant hanging off of Ronnie in Bangkok in a major shopping area. People here love the Shugden brochures and pendants. Many are left in public places and people snatch it up and immediately wear the pendants and keep the brochures after reading.

Fantastic to pass out brochures. I have made Shugden pendants to pass out also.

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2011, 07:16:36 PM »
Thaimonk, that is such a cool picture! I never knew good ol' Ronald folds his hands in Thailand! I can imagine that Thailand being a Buddhist country would adore Dorje Shugden. Well done you for your perseverance in distributing brochures and now pendants?! How I WISH I could be in Thailand to pick up one of these pendants!! The Thais are awfully lucky to have you there to share Dorje Shugden with them, Thaimonk!

At first I was thinking I wish there was a LondonMonk who can distribute some pendants here! Then i thought that instead of waiting for someone else to do it, maybe I could do it myself. If you could share what I could do here, Thaimonk (e.g. did you handmake these pendants?) I can look into it.

Cheers!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2011, 11:00:30 PM »
Another 200 brochures distributed with hopes it will benefit. TK

icy

« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2011, 03:00:38 PM »
200 brochures distributed in Taipei this week.  I left a trail in taxi, MRT stations, hospital, etc.  My greatest delight was introducing DS practice to 3 female Generals in Taiwan.  They are equivalent to "Hwa Muk Lan" the Chinese General who went in place of her father to war in ancient China.  What practice is so appropriate for these Generals other than Dorje Shugden!

Dear Icy,

How exciting. Did the three female Generals accept the practice? Are they going to engage in the practice?

It's like here in Thailand. Very easy to pass out the Shugden brochures and pictures. I have passed out thousands. I get them printed on my own. The homepage of this website has the design to download and just give to the printer. Thais are very receptive to Shugden. I have had very good experiences with them.

Do let us know about the Generals and if they agreed to practice?

These 3 female generals are colleagues of my friend who is a retired General from the army.  Two of these 2 female generals are young, capable and beautiful ladies in their early 30's.  You will never imagine they are generals from the army because they look so sweet and soft.  Appearance can be very deceiving is it not?   The third lady general has just retired.  One of the young ladies is already a practising Buddhist and when I mentioned DS is the emanation of Manjushri, she readily accepted.  I further explained how DS can protect and enhance their wisdom in their careers especially they are in such an important job for their country and they immediately kept the brochures into their handbags!

They wanted to learn more about DS.  I informed them that as soon as the Chinese website of DS is up I will notify them so they can go to the website to learn more about DS.  They looked serious and asked intelligent  questions about DS, I think they will practice.

Talking about women liberation and the burning of bras, these women generals are truly a brilliant and powerful breed.  They scored all As and beat their male counterparts in physical challenges without any discounts or handicaps.  I am so thrilled they have DS to guide and bless their abilities and brains.  What a match!  They will become better generals in their daily lives and in serving their country. 

Don't you think so?

Mana

« Reply #470 on: November 29, 2011, 07:11:34 PM »
I was updated by someone they have passed out 600 brochures last week. That is wonderful.

Mana

lamatsongkhapa

« Reply #471 on: December 01, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
Dorje Shugden yellow brochure and a pendant hanging off of Ronnie in Bangkok in a major shopping area. People here love the Shugden brochures and pendants. Many are left in public places and people snatch it up and immediately wear the pendants and keep the brochures after reading.

Fantastic to pass out brochures. I have made Shugden pendants to pass out also.

Hahaha its so wonderful how even McDonalds can bring dharma to the people! :D Its so cute! It's very heart warming to know Thai people love these Dorje Shugden pendents and brochures. For a fact you saw this with your own eyes?

pgdharma

« Reply #472 on: December 02, 2011, 03:44:47 PM »
It's amazing to hear how widely spread these brochures are... and all because someone came up with the idea to make these brochures! it all started with one person's idea, turned into action, which is planting so much Dharma seeds via Dorje Shugden throughout the world - Personally i find this astounding. Imagine if each and everyone of us took such initiative and carried it out.. the effects would be vastly multiplied! I'm continuing with my mini printing and distributions!
It started with brochures in English,  then in Chinese and Thai, then pendants, graphic novels, 3' Dorje Shugden in Thailand. What's next? Brochures in  Vietnamese, Nepali, French, etc coming out soon? Just like a snowball that grows bigger and bigger, Dorje Shugden is going global too.  Yes this is astounding and who knows, maybe there is a Dorje Shugden  movie in the making.

It's so wonderful to see Ronald McDonald folding his hands and paying respect to Dorje Shugden :) :) :)

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #473 on: December 02, 2011, 03:59:14 PM »
Now I really have to save up and make the trip to Thailand after reading of so many activities going on there to spread the practice.

Dolce Vita

• Email
« Reply #474 on: December 03, 2011, 05:23:40 AM »
This is so inspiring, so many people here in the Forum are spreading DS by printing brochures and distributing them in various countries and places. The activities initiated from ds.com is getting more and bigger, from only English, to different languages, spreading to different corners in the world. I salute to the all the pioneers, so much hard works have been put in place. So many people is going to benefit.

To do my little part, I have also started to do a bit of distribution with some of my friends. It is fun and very fulfilling, I want to do more! :)

Barzin

« Reply #475 on: December 03, 2011, 10:40:36 PM »
I recently reprinted 100 brochures and distributed all today, what a feeling!  Someone will pick it up and dharma seed will be planted.  How wonderful!

Positive Change

« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2011, 01:12:15 PM »
This past two weeks have been marvelous... I have personally distributed 250-300 brochures (English & Chinese) to shopping malls, Dharma stores, vegetarian restaurants, bookstores, letterboxes, free distribution stands and more...

I also personally passed some brochures (Thai) to some Thai people on the street. It is always good to print and keep a some Thai brochures to keep with you all the time as you will never know when you meet a Thai person. And if you say "Pra Chok Di" (translated means Buddha of Wealth) to them, the will instantly fold their hands and receive the brochure with a huge smile on their faces! How beautiful!

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2011, 09:11:28 PM »
I found a printing shop around my housing area and printed out 200 brochures to distribute around China Town.

Within China Town, there was this Chinese lady who may perhaps have been a prostitute... I walked up to hear and with my feeble attempts to speak Chinese told her what the brochure was. She took it. Yay :)

My evenings were spent doing better things than watching television!

DharmaSpace

« Reply #478 on: December 05, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
JJ its wonderful you gave it to a prostitute it will benefit her at the point of death. How many beings have been benefitted by Dorje Shugden who knows, but we can make it innumerable if we share about Dorje Shugden more and more!

Barzin

« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:14 PM »
Today we distributed many printed materials from brochures to our own design leaflets.  Many are very receptive.  We distributed around 300 today, my biggest joy is to pass it to homeless and old people, they are so happy upon receiving it.  May DS bless them!