Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 232427 times)

dsdisciple

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #510 on: January 28, 2012, 11:00:48 PM »
Distributed another 100 brochures  :D thanks

samayakeeper

• Email
« Reply #511 on: January 29, 2012, 01:57:36 PM »
I have printed out 100 copies of the red brochures and gave them to my friends and colleagues at work. I got lukewarm response from some people but generally most of my friends were very receptive. I explained to those who were interested to know of Dorje Shugden and asked them to visit the website address printed on the brochures for more info.

I will print more and start handing out to people on the streets and in shopping malls. This is just my small contribution in spreading DS.

Carpenter

« Reply #512 on: January 29, 2012, 04:47:21 PM »
I found my new hobby through this website and some interesting activity, seriously and frankly, I never thought in my life I will be bringing a stack of brochures and walk on the street to distribute, and if it is not because my friend who initiated it after seeing this treat in forum, I don’t think I will be doing so.

The most satisfaction moment was when someone actually open to read it, and they even ask question to find out more about this protector, hehe, so sorry as I myself don’t know much about him yet, so I just direct them to this website. But anyway, this is definitely a wonderful experience and meaningful to me.

Thanks George and thanks to this website.

icy

« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2012, 01:17:25 AM »
It is so wonderful there are so many shugdenpas spreading the practice everywhere.  The brochure distribution is the most wonderful tool to share the faith!  It is not only versatile but also convenient and accessible.  A brilliant mastermind!

pgdharma

« Reply #514 on: January 30, 2012, 02:34:07 PM »
It is wonderful news that more DS practitioners are printing out the brochures and spreading to their friends, colleagues and people out on the streets. The rewarding moment is when these people actually take the time to read the brochures and if they want to know more they can access to this informative website.

Spending time printing out the brochures and giving away is a meaningful activity as it will plant seeds and make a connection of Dorje Shugden into their lives.

negra orquida

« Reply #515 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:08 PM »
100 Thai brochures and 100 English brochures distributed

DSFriend

« Reply #516 on: January 30, 2012, 04:26:35 PM »
Over the weekend, I had my little nephews and nieces over and we had a meaningful couple of hours distributing brochures in our neighborhood. The kids love it! We dropped the brochures in letter boxes. There were a few times we jumped because the neighborhood's dogs barked at us.

Barzin

« Reply #517 on: January 30, 2012, 05:49:59 PM »
I gathered a few friends just last weekend for a short trip and introduce them to Dorje Shugden... So funny, the trip turned out to be giving brochures away everywhere we go.  I reprinted around 1000 brochures and we managed to distribute ALL!  And my friends love the action!

vajrastorm

« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2012, 05:12:54 AM »
Recently, I went on an excursion to a Buddhist Temple with some friends  and we distributed 200 red DS brochures. Not only that. Found we could get DS 'Wealth' Buddha pendants which are on sale online on this website. Bought them and stapled them to the brochures that we distributed!

Klein

« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2012, 10:30:52 AM »
Just last week, a few friends and I printed 1000 brochures and gave them all away. It was great because people were reading the brochures and kept them in their bag or pocket. I believe it's an effective way to promoting Dorje Shugden and planting the seeds of Manjushri in their mindstream.

Thank you for this great opportunity!

Poonlarp

• Email
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2012, 02:25:41 PM »
You know what, I found the brochures in an airport in China on a book shelf. People actually took it down and read.

I do not know how much will this person understand, or how much the info in the brochures benefits his life, but for sure, the seed of Dharma already planted in.

Personally I think the design is very good for Chinese, and the secular benefits that mentioned would let people want to practice. For those in problems and sorrow, I think it brings hope and lights.

Nowadays, most of the people don't realize the need to practice Dharma, they think they need better living standard more than anything, any method to draw this big group of people to be closer to Dharma would be a very skillful way to help them. I think the motivation of the creator for the brochure is brilliant and collect lots of merits. Rejoice!! ;D

Positive Change

« Reply #521 on: January 31, 2012, 06:33:10 PM »
With a friend in tow... we distributed close to 1000 brochures two nights ago. It was in a very busy mall too... Exhilarating!!!

kurava

• Email
« Reply #522 on: February 03, 2012, 08:47:08 AM »
When I was distributing brochures in a nearby country, I noticed people would first read up the background information of DS before they wear the pendants. With knowledge, comes confidence and faith just as the way Buddha taught and how Buddhism spread in the past 2,500 years.

I congratulate all the translators who had tirelessly done all the wonderful work to bring DS to people of different languages.

Klein

« Reply #523 on: February 04, 2012, 05:43:35 PM »
A few friends and I gave away 500 brochures yesterday. We saw the people put them in their pockets. It was very fulfilling to know that these people are making a connection to Dorje Shugden. My friends and I will continue to give away more!!!

Positive Change

« Reply #524 on: February 07, 2012, 09:24:12 AM »
With a group of friends we printed out the brochures available in this website: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=3577 with the cards: http://dorjeshugden.com/images/BrochureCard.pdf and assembled it to give away. We completed about 1000 in a couple of hours. Imagine the benefit if we all came together to do this in our own little communities and spread the benefits of Our King Doje Shugden!

What is more, the brochures now come in Thai and also Vietnamese. Imagine if we could have it in all major languages around the world?