Author Topic: DS brochure  (Read 232490 times)

DSFriend

Re: DS brochure
« Reply #360 on: February 23, 2011, 11:58:29 AM »
I just printed some brochures and dorje shugden cards. While preparing them for distribution I just thought to myself how this is such a modern and innovative way to fulfill the preliminary practices.

Just like in Tibet, many engage in making tsa tsas out of clay. What do they do with it? So many are left on the mountains.

I've read criticisms that people may not read the brochures when it's being distributed. Well, it'll be great if people read it but we would have created the cause and generated good virtues by doing this sincerely.

Also, it's much lighter in weight compared to clay tsa tsas ! :)

Carpenter

« Reply #361 on: February 23, 2011, 03:29:50 PM »
i just came back from oversea,

I printed some and to distributed there, and guess what, after i gave one to a shop owner, the next minute, i saw him putting on his small altar inside his shop, he was so happy receiving the brochure...

while doing my shopping, I've place it in different places, at the stall, phone booth, car wind screen, etc, etc.

it's kind of like excited, makes my shopping trip more interesting and more meaningful.
hehe!!!

DSFriend

« Reply #362 on: February 23, 2011, 04:19:30 PM »
Hi Carpenter

thanks for sharing and yes it does make our daily activities more meaningful when we add in some beneficial activities. :)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #363 on: February 24, 2011, 03:53:33 AM »
Distributed 3,000 Dorje Shugden brochures. So very fulfilling to bring Dorje Shugden to so many people.

TK

Helena

• Email
« Reply #364 on: February 24, 2011, 08:53:47 PM »
I love reading the Threads on News from Shar Gaden and THIS!

Because in these two threads, there are always regular updates on how Dorje Shugden is spreading and being promoted.

To me, these two threads are the most up lifting because I see the numbers increasing and going up!

Personally, I can only see it increasing and going up over time!

This makes my day!  :)
Helena

pgdharma

« Reply #365 on: March 01, 2011, 04:02:53 PM »
Distributed 3,000 Dorje Shugden brochures. So very fulfilling to bring Dorje Shugden to so many people.

TK
So nice to  receive this  wonderful news  and knowing  that more  and more people are benefiting from this!

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #366 on: March 06, 2011, 06:03:19 PM »
4,000 or so brochures passed out. It is a pleasure to do so.
TK

DharmaDefender

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2011, 05:00:10 PM »
Just like in Tibet, many engage in making tsa tsas out of clay. What do they do with it? So many are left on the mountains.

Can you imagine, you're at your wits' end on the mountains and you come across a tsa tsa? And after that, you're rescued? How much faith would you instantly develop in the deity?

Or you're in a hospital somewhere, waiting for your loved ones to get better, and then you come across a DS brochure? And after chanting the mantra a couple of times, what looked like a hopeless situation, turned around for the better?

In the silliest example, I know people who have asked the Protector for something as small as help with parking when they are in an emergency. And next thing you know, a space opens up right in front of them. Yes, it's dumb and silly to ask Dorje Shugden for something as mundane as that, and maybe it was just a sheer coincidence, but when I saw how much faith the people developed in him (they now do his mantra everyday), it was worth it.

Effect's the same really. In both cases, people become suffer less. Just the method is different but who is to say which method is correct, when both results are the same and both are positive :)

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #368 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:17 AM »
2,500 brochures distributed with the hopes it will benefit many. May many adopt Dorje Shugden and experience his blessings.

TK

DSFriend

« Reply #369 on: March 11, 2011, 07:19:51 AM »

Effect's the same really. In both cases, people become suffer less. Just the method is different but who is to say which method is correct, when both results are the same and both are positive :)

I like that outward looking view of yours... focusing on the methods which brings about positive results, helping people gain faith is so much more refreshing than being fixated with what we are used to. That's exactly what this brochure distribution initiative and efforts is about.

How many people will stumble upon this website? Well and good if they do.

But it takes so little just to go about our daily activities and drop a few brochures here and there, wherever we go.

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #370 on: March 15, 2011, 05:19:14 PM »
Another 500 brochures distributed.

TK

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #371 on: March 23, 2011, 07:30:47 AM »
More than 500 distributed last night alone. Wonderful. TK

DSFriend

« Reply #372 on: March 23, 2011, 10:39:23 AM »
just distributed a few at the bookstore and grocery shops when i went to pick up a few things. the brochures are small and very convenient to carry around.

Mana

« Reply #373 on: March 23, 2011, 02:30:46 PM »
This thread is continuous which shows the enthusiasm many have for compassionately making the practice of Dorje Shugden available to many. Very wonderful care and sharing.

It is fulfilling to share our views/practices/lineage here on this forum, but also powerful that many can physically distribute the brochures bringing divine assistance to those karmically ready.

Mana

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #374 on: March 26, 2011, 07:27:11 PM »
600 brochures distributed. TK