Author Topic: The Beginning...powerful blog post  (Read 15781 times)

thaimonk

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
Re: The Beginning...powerful blog post
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 06:50:53 PM »
see here:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/the-beginning.html

I like this very much. Very nice blog post with corresponding pictures that so aptly match.

I like Tsem Rinpoche's style. Very today. Very young. Very direct. Very honest. Very appropriate for a big 'market' of people who would otherwise not find dharma at all. It is good this lama is on our 'side' and has the same lineage lamas as our own. Tsem Rinpoche never makes political statements nor gets involves with politics, he just teaches the dharma and focuses on making his centre grow. Long life to Tsem Rinpoche.

I heard that Tsem Rinpoche tremendously support the Sangha of Gaden by passing out many books, texts, robes, food, drilling water pumps, building monk residences and built the Gaden Shartse hospital. He has been doing this for over a decade continuously.

I rejoice in such activities.

TK

dsnowlion

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 07:15:42 PM »
see here:

Hey this is just a cool blog! I love Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's teachings and he is actually really blogging the articles himself. It's so REAL, his teaching are so TODAY I agree with TK! In the world we live in today with materialism getting stronger and the stress to achieve that concept of a "happy life" as seen on TV, getting competitive, I find Tsem Rinpoche's teachings most apt. What I really like is the in your face common sense facts and his skillful ways in humoring you so you get the picture!!!

Lots of my friends watches his Youtube teachings and a lot have found it very helpful and fun too. The thing is he makes Dharma FUN and not stale or tacky or conservative for the modern urbanites and rest assured those party animal friends of mine ain't going to some meditation class. The closest they'd get is Yoga exercise at the gym! And even that they miss. So thank Buddhas there is Tsem Tulku Rinpoche for those like  "bottom of the barrel" practitioners.

Well I guess we all need Dharma and different strokes for different folks :) we need them all.

Thanks thaimonk for posting this interesting blog for all to read.

xdsnowlion

DharmaDefender

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 11:04:45 PM »
see here:

Hey this is just a cool blog! I love Tsem Tulku Rinpoche's teachings and he is actually really blogging the articles himself. It's so REAL, his teaching are so TODAY I agree with TK! In the world we live in today with materialism getting stronger and the stress to achieve that concept of a "happy life" as seen on TV, getting competitive, I find Tsem Rinpoche's teachings most apt. What I really like is the in your face common sense facts and his skillful ways in humoring you so you get the picture!!!

Lots of my friends watches his Youtube teachings and a lot have found it very helpful and fun too. The thing is he makes Dharma FUN and not stale or tacky or conservative for the modern urbanites and rest assured those party animal friends of mine ain't going to some meditation class. The closest they'd get is Yoga exercise at the gym! And even that they miss. So thank Buddhas there is Tsem Tulku Rinpoche for those like  "bottom of the barrel" practitioners.

Well I guess we all need Dharma and different strokes for different folks :) we need them all.

Thanks thaimonk for posting this interesting blog for all to read.

xdsnowlion

Those are some great pictures (for prompting further thinking, not because they're particularly pleasant to look at!). I just had a look at the site, Tsem Tulku puts a lot of care into his posts. And I like that it's not patronising, he treats us like we're grown up enough to handle the reality that that's what the human body in samsara is, and those are the different levels of rebirths and existences, even within the same realm.

I can't imagine very many other lamas would get the message across in so few words!

LXF

• Email
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 06:44:37 AM »
 :D

The end = The beginning

Read the blog post and realized my daily lifestyle will be meaningless if without dharma

Thanks for the powerful teaching and the link to Tsem's blog, will catch up with his blog regularly.

icy

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2010, 09:04:13 AM »
Yes, I agree Tsem Rinpoche is truly a highly reincarnated Lama, an accomplished Lama.  I rejoice in all his activities.   :)

VS

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2010, 12:24:02 PM »
thank you very much thaimonk for introducing this blog, it's so cool!

i agree witk tk about tsem rinpoche. the blog is so warm and gives a feeling of closeness & care. can see that tsem rinpoche's centre is growing and benefitting many.

may tsem rinpoche lives long and his centre continues to grow to benefit many!

with folded hands
vs

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »

icy

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 02:56:18 AM »
Thank you TK and thaimonk for informing us. ;)

pgdharma

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 09:17:00 AM »
see here:

thank you thaimonk for posting this blog. this is the first time i have been to Tsem tulku rinpoche's blog and i feel that he writes with great care and logic. His teachings will go well with the younger generations. He is so full of compassion and wisdom. I am going to be a frequent follower to this blog :)

cheers
pgdharma

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 09:33:43 PM »

1) Another beautiful post by Tsem Rinpoche:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/starting-on-vajra-yogini-now.html#tp

2) Another post but what is interesting is that Tsem Rinpoche talks about himself. Quite nice. Must Read!!

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/unsolved-mysteries-ufo.html#tp

Below extracted from Tsem Rinpoche's blog. Fantastic to get to 'know' Rinpoche more as he really writes from his heart and directly to us the reader. Very warm and very close feeling. Unusual but nice:

Since I was very young, I was naturally drawn to phenomena that was not accepted by 'mainstream' public. That didn't bother me. I was always the type of person that I did WHAT I FELT WAS RIGHT and not so much WHAT I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO. Many of the things I was supposed to do didn't make sense to me then and now. I am more patient with things I don't agree with now then I was then though I must say. Must learn to tolerate early in life, less problems.

I have always studied up on Loch Ness, Findhorn, Ufo, Sasquatch, Nazca Lines, Incas, American Native Indian lore, Tibet, ghosts, astral travelling and the likes. I used to practise astral travelling nightly that I read up in a book. I also did meditations on Vajra Yogini I found in a book also when I was around 13 or so. No results for either one though as I am sure I was doing something wrong that the book didn't fully explain. Anyway, I found out later I shouldn't have done the Vajra Yogini meditations without permission.

I watched endless documentaries on these mysterious subjects and did quite a lot of reading. One of my favorite places was the library. I can spend a day there and not be bored. I would borrow 10-12 books every two weeks and read through most of them. I did that for years.  Or at least have a good look at the parts I was interested in before returning the book. I would borrow biographies, encyclopedias, Ghost stories, Magic, mysteries, Travel, Religions (my favorite), and reading up on cultures. I would go to libraries in other towns and borrow books because libraries had limits how many you can borrow at any one time. I didn't like the limits. haha. I would even go to Flea Markets and second hand stores to buy books on various mysteries. I loved encyclopedias with color pictures. I would borrow from A-Z slowly.  I would spend evenings and weekends reading after homework. I would listen to the Beatles, John Lennon, Simon & Garfunkel and read.. sometimes paint or draw. I loved to draw mountains, lakes and huge trees. I was fanatical about drawing various Buddhas. I loved to draw yogis meditating in the mountains and gaining great realization or seeing the Yidam directly.  I read voraciously and absorbed the information fast. I was happy I could retain it.

My step-parents didn't make things easy for me. But they left me alone to read. They wanted me to play soccer and sports. I hated sports. Any type of sports. They forced me to play soccer for like 6-7 years in a row in a huge soccer club with uniforms and all. Lots of kids. We'd have matches with other counties and towns. I NEVER SCORED ONE GOAL EVER. My step dad commented once all the boys run towards the ball, whereas I run away from it. I was thinking, I told you I hated soccor hundreds of times?? My coach stuck me as the goalie JUST ONCE. I let like 3 balls pass me in around half an hour!! Everyone gave me the evils, but I already warned my coach not to do so. His logic is I'm tall so I would be good. My logic is I don't want my teeth knocked out for this silly game! Hehe. He never put me back in as goalie again. The day my father didn't sign me up for soccer was one of the happiest days of my childhood. He wanted me to be Pele or something and I wanted to be Dalai Lama that time!! Talk about conflict of interest!  I still want to be like the Dalai Lama!

Anyways, I found these really cool videos of UFO footage and I thought you might be interested. Listen carefully to what they are saying and observe. It is one of the most convincing footages caught on film I have ever seen. These didn't convince me that extraterrestrials existed because I know they do exist. Buddha mentioned clearly WE ARE NOT ALONE!!!

Enjoy and share with others. It is nice to rise above relationships, money, bills, eating, travelling and all the very normal, redundant traps we set for ourselves and think deeper. Look beyond. Think more. Keep your mind wondering, discovering and learning. Don't be stuck where you are.

This video is perfect for alot of my students. It did cross my mind when some spaceships would come back and take back some of my students as I know they are NOT FROM HERE...hehehe.

Much Care,

Tsem Tulku

P.S. I have very varied interests. It isn't just meditation, mantras, shambala, malas, auras, and enlightenment all the time. I have many interests and they are very wide. So I am going to blog about them and share. Each time you read my posts, a part of me is shared with you. That is nice. I am the only Tibetan Lama that blogs about UFO's, but you know what, I never said I would fit the mould. I am different, 'controversial' by some, strange, not the typical lama if you will, unconventional, and just being myself. Some find me refreshing and some may not. But it's ok. I am coming to terms with myself now too and you should too. Hehe.  I am not trying to be 'different'. I just am I guess. But it is a harmless different. Maybe I am just waiting ....E.T. go home for me too???

3) Tsem Rinpoche really loves and cares for animals:

http://blog.tsemtulku.com/tsem-tulku-rinpoche/2010/06/donating-dog-food-to-various-animal-ngos.html#tp

« Last Edit: June 14, 2010, 09:41:17 PM by tk »

DSFriend

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2010, 08:37:56 AM »
Amazing blog post! We are very fortunate to have Tsem Tulku manifest at this degenerate age, patiently and skillfully guiding us through the sea of samsara.

DSFriend

LosangKhyentse

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2010, 06:06:47 PM »
Amazing blog post! We are very fortunate to have Tsem Tulku manifest at this degenerate age, patiently and skillfully guiding us through the sea of samsara.

DSFriend

Yes, I noticed readership on this blog is growing like around 1,000 views a day!!

People really find Tsem Rinpoche's style very appealing. I guess when in Rome be a Roman. We must adjust to the times and not hang to how dharma was disseminated before.

Times change, people change, karmas change, hence methods must change. We must move on with the times.

tk

triesa

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »
see here:

Dear Thai monk,

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful blog from Tsem Tulku Rinpoche. As I have written on the vajrayogini thread, I have taken Tsem Rinpoche as my Guru in my heart. I felt so much sincerity from Tsem Rinpoche, he is really out here to help all of us. And I read that on his blog, he takes the time to answer everyone who makes comments on his blog. Wow.....

Not to mention the mindblowing pictures that have been carefully selected by Tsem tulke Rinpoche makes the reading for this blog so much more impactful. He really takes time to do all of this.........to benefit  those who can be connected to him. He is a real buddha!!!!!

Gosh, I am going to check out his U tube treachings as many of you all mentioned that they are also mindblowing, witty and yet apt for the 21st century folks like us.

Triesa

wang

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2010, 01:45:53 AM »

People really find Tsem Rinpoche's style very appealing. I guess when in Rome be a Roman. We must adjust to the times and not hang to how dharma was disseminated before.

Times change, people change, karmas change, hence methods must change. We must move on with the times.

tk

Not 100% agree to. people change but our law of karma won't change, and we create our own negative karma by re-intrepreting Dharma not passing out from our gurus.

Tsem Rinpoche was not without dispute by being as a monk, dressed  in model-like style.  That's against Gelukpa sangha dressing code.  The reason of being in Malaysia with this 'adaptation' also not very convincing: over 25% of Malaysia population are Chinese origin and Buddhism is not new to them, also there are Han monks in Han monk dressing, Tibetan monk in Tibetan dressing there already, the local people have no objection to it.

Though Tsem Rinpoche's presentation looks a bit non-traditional, content of his teaching is very Gelukpa, and looks he dress in traditional way now.  So I don't have negative feeling about him, instead I view him as 2nd generation 'Yeshe Lama', just a bit go further:)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:39:20 AM by wang »