Author Topic: SOMETHING FOR YOUR ATTENTION  (Read 9475 times)

Mana

SOMETHING FOR YOUR ATTENTION
« on: November 05, 2010, 05:17:01 AM »
FROM THE GUESTBOOK:

(2570) danielle

4 November 2010 17:24:47     

I've looked through the animation again 'Illustrated Story' I think the money spent is quite substantial if one needs to hire a graphic illustrator plus a talent to do the voice over. There is also the time and effort to translate and put in subtitles. Much money has been spent making the Illustrated Story we all should appreciate that.

We could at least help to promote this video to make it worthwhile for the site to have invested in this video.

Dear Danielle,

You are right and sharp to appreciate the costs behind this ILLUSTRATED STORY.

It was around US$7,000 to completely produce this and have it online for everyone.

We at this website are VERY COMMITTED to bringing the Dorje Shugden practice to those who are fortunate.

We have further plans to constantly add more information to this website for sharing and making KING DORJE SHUGDEN'S name well known and practiced.

Dorje Shugden has the qualities to be a Guru, practiced as Yidam, and of course as a Dharma Protector.

Mana
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:34:20 AM by Mana »

Mana

Re: SOMETHING FOR YOUR ATTENTION
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 03:01:09 AM »
(2579) Danielle

5 November 2010 08:22:41     

Thank you Mana-Moderator for divulging about the cost of the Illustrated Story. I fold my hands to the people running this site who dip into their own expenses to promote what they believe in. Who put their money where their mouth is.

Everyone on the site lets try to get the number of views of the Illustrated Story to 100k that would be a nice gift to our protector what do you people say?

If the video has 100k views on Youtube especially one can look into making the dorjeshugden a commercial youtube account, commercial sites can even have advertisements to generate revenues for the site. I mean making brochures, videos ,people to writing/ updating on this site has a cost to it time wise or otherwise.

Anyways I have shared the video on my facebook wall.

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 03:06:14 AM »
(2579) Danielle

5 November 2010 08:22:41     

Thank you Mana-Moderator for divulging about the cost of the Illustrated Story. I fold my hands to the people running this site who dip into their own expenses to promote what they believe in. Who put their money where their mouth is.

Everyone on the site lets try to get the number of views of the Illustrated Story to 100k that would be a nice gift to our protector what do you people say?

If the video has 100k views on Youtube especially one can look into making the dorjeshugden a commercial youtube account, commercial sites can even have advertisements to generate revenues for the site. I mean making brochures, videos ,people to writing/ updating on this site has a cost to it time wise or otherwise.

Anyways I have shared the video on my facebook wall.

Danielle really has the right idea. Showing appreciation for the hardwork and expenses put forth for this incredible website with something tangible. Count me in.

Let's reach 100,000 viewings of the ILLUSTRATED STORY.

tk

Helena

• Email
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 09:04:29 PM »
Wonderful post and great suggestion!

I am all for it!

It would indeed to be nice gift to our Protector!

THANK YOU!
Helena

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:56:35 PM »
Great idea - i've shared it on my facebook too... please share it so that many more people will get to learn about who Dorje Shugden is. I have just had people ask me why the Dalai Lama banned Shugden on my facebook! I love any opportunity to discuss this and to direct people to dorjeshugden.com since all the information anyone needs on this is pretty much here (and if it isn't, do send it over so the admin can add to this site!)
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

thaimonk

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 06:31:41 AM »
I am a HUGE fan of this website. Some of the views on it does not match with mine. But so what? Where else better than here is there to go to? Why find differences in a few issues, why not find commonality with the huge similarities.

Anyway if I don't like it, I DON'T HAVE TO COME HERE, but where can I go? I am addicted to this site.

I sure can't set up something like this with the time, energy, money, knowledge, research, thousands of hours necessary.

So I am here to stay and my respect for this site grows all the time.

Mehtra
San Diego

(source: post from guestbook)

Vajraprotector

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 08:15:34 PM »
I am a HUGE fan of this website. Some of the views on it does not match with mine. But so what? Where else better than here is there to go to? Why find differences in a few issues, why not find commonality with the huge similarities.

Mehtra
San Diego

(source: post from guestbook)

It's wonderful to know that people who doesn't necessarily agree with the views of this website, but can still remain open and be a huge fan of this website.

I really do believe that we who are practising or upholding the tradition of this great protector, should see our similarities in this challenging time to support each other and work together to ensure Dorje Shugden's name is cleared and to educate more people about who He really is. It is not a time to say who's right or who's wrong but rather how can we right the wrong.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »

It's wonderful to know that people who doesn't necessarily agree with the views of this website, but can still remain open and be a huge fan of this website.

I really do believe that we who are practising or upholding the tradition of this great protector, should see our similarities in this challenging time to support each other and work together to ensure Dorje Shugden's name is cleared and to educate more people about who He really is. It is not a time to say who's right or who's wrong but rather how can we right the wrong.

I love what you wrote here, Vajraprotector.

The Great Protector, Dorje Shugden, is magnificent in so many ways.

HE protects the Protectorless and the lost as well. HE sees all as his Dharma children.

Dorje Shugden would not pick and choose who to help or who to neglect just because some may recognise HIM as an Enlightened Being, and others may see HIM as Worldly Spirit.

HIS COMPASSION AND WISDOM ARE INFINITE.
Helena

triesa

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2010, 01:05:14 AM »
I agree with what you all said.

It is time to LET OUR LITTLE DIFFERENCES DOWN and PUT OUR HEART AND SOUL TO PROMOTE DORJE SHUGDEN PRACTICE to the world so many more would be benefited.

Unity is force!

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2010, 02:42:59 PM »
Vajraprotector, you are completely right about focusing our energy on constructive efforts. During a time filled with endless obstacles we, as Dharma practitioners, do not need to add to each others' problems. On the contrary, we should be each others support system on the journey of spiritual growth.

This is the power of this website. The impact ds.com in the future can be further enhanced through our effort of participation and sincere contribution with the intention of benefiting other visitors who come across this site. Therefore, the ds.com team does not only provide a platform for education and spiritual progres, it also gives us the opportunity to put Dharma learning into action and collect the merit required for our Dharma growth.

Thank you Danielle and Mana for bringing the animated story back to attention and the idea for putting it up on facebook so that as many people can view it as possible. May we hit the 100k mark soon!

DSFriend

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 10:25:44 AM »

This is the power of this website. The impact ds.com in the future can be further enhanced through our effort of participation and sincere contribution with the intention of benefiting other visitors who come across this site. Therefore, the ds.com team does not only provide a platform for education and spiritual progres, it also gives us the opportunity to put Dharma learning into action and collect the merit required for our Dharma growth.

Well said! Many do not have sangha''s support and this forum has for the past years provided such a platform for people to discuss, share, and debate  The house rules keep this forum conducive for such opportunities. 

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 04:01:26 AM »

Well said! Many do not have sangha''s support and this forum has for the past years provided such a platform for people to discuss, share, and debate  The house rules keep this forum conducive for such opportunities. 

Excellent thoughts of appreciation.

Everything everywhere has faults. The faults are both inherent and percieved or both or none as it depends on who you are.

But it is better not to find fault and do your best to appreciate what is good. Finger pointing at faults without changing yourself is not beneficial for anyone's practice.

I like what is written above.

thaimonk

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 06:15:59 AM »
Rossini Schillachi

Guestbook #1 Submitted on 21 December 2010 09:15:35

I'm live in Milan and this site one of the better Dorje Shugden sites I have encountered, I would be most surprised if another site can top this one. Good job in flying the flag of Dorje Shugden. 

triesa

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2010, 05:17:34 PM »
Rossini Schillachi

I'm live in Milan and this site one of the better Dorje Shugden sites I have encountered, I would be most surprised if another site can top this one. Good job in flying the flag of Dorje Shugden. 

It is extremely encouraging that this website is reaching out to so many, our voices are heard. And it is equally exciting that many out there appreciate what this website provides, I personally am a great fan of Dorje Shugden.Com and would like to thank the admin team  and moderators again and again for constantly providing us the best of the best!

Well done!

pgdharma

« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2010, 09:20:37 AM »
Rossini Schillachi

I rejoice that this wonderful website is benefiting so many people all over the world. For me, this website is the top and the best as I have gained so much knowledge and info from it.