Author Topic: Dorje Shugden Oracle  (Read 10437 times)

Big Uncle

Re: Dorje Shugden Oracle
« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2013, 12:30:35 PM »
Thank you Big Uncle for sharing this explanation of what happens during a trance. 

Would there be anyone that knows like if it is really the connection that the oracle has with between the deity and them or that if it is that they will start to train anyone, please share. I would like to know also if it is anyone and everyone all possess with the qualities being an oracle or is there like some specific n born qualities that you will need to have before a lama can train you to be an oracle.

Well, some oracles are born with natural abilities to take trance of the deities. All the Lama needs to do is honed their abilities with special retreats that are prescribed the Lama to clear the psychic channels and a special ritual performed to close the chakras to lower beings. However, a qualified Lama would be able to make anyone into an oracle however, the Lama needs to prescribe a certain amount of retreats to be done in order to open the chakras and clear the psychic channels. However, the amount of retreats may vary because of the amount of obscurations of the prospective oracle. The training may take years and during the earlier period of training for all oracles, the entourage of the deity will keep taking trance to speed up the clearing of the psychic channels. 

Ensapa

• Email
Re: Dorje Shugden Oracle
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2013, 02:39:46 AM »
Well, some oracles are born with natural abilities to take trance of the deities. All the Lama needs to do is honed their abilities with special retreats that are prescribed the Lama to clear the psychic channels and a special ritual performed to close the chakras to lower beings. However, a qualified Lama would be able to make anyone into an oracle however, the Lama needs to prescribe a certain amount of retreats to be done in order to open the chakras and clear the psychic channels. However, the amount of retreats may vary because of the amount of obscurations of the prospective oracle. The training may take years and during the earlier period of training for all oracles, the entourage of the deity will keep taking trance to speed up the clearing of the psychic channels.

Thanks for your interesting explanation, Big Uncle. But I do wonder is that do the oracle themselves choose to be oracles or that the being that enters them 'chooses' their own oracle? Because I have heard in one of the video about the oracles, one of the oracles passed away and not long after one of the monks took trance and it was said that the being 'chose' this monk to be an oracle and he was sent away for training as an oracle under a Lama. Or, is it that the Lama would order someone to be an oracle and give him instructions to take trance and so forth? I am kinda wondering about this.