Author Topic: The Dalai Lama blesses enormous Nyingma Lineage Thangka at Sera  (Read 18270 times)

Freyr Aesiragnorak

Re: The Dalai Lama blesses enormous Nyingma Lineage Thangka at Sera
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2014, 02:27:17 PM »
This post is in reply to jspitanga's almost line by line reply to my original post.

There is merit in the reply but I perceive my post to have been misinterpreted in it's tone. In any of my posts on this forum, I do not mean to force my 'intolerant, fanatical, fundamentalist religious attitude' upon anybody here. This is an online forum, where one can share and exchange their views, but alas those so called sycophants following His Holiness The Dalai Lama would surely be irked at my practicing Dorje Shugden but it seems that here too my personal beliefs anger some too.

I will continue calling Gyalwa Rinpoche, His Holiness..... as do the administrators, writers and editors of the public page of  this very website, which is educating people all over the world on the practice of our Protector, the undoubted brutality of the ban, and the happenings among the communities that DO practice the protector.

I have stated my own feelings in relation to this issue and the replies that people have left of their own feelings and views. I in no way stated that you cannot or should not call the Dalai Lama evil if you so wish, simply that I was saddened. I do not condone the ban of practice, the effects it has had on the Tibetan people or the split within the Gelug tradition. But on the other hand, due to my own background, my own Samaya, I have not come to one of the polarised viewpoints, as jspitanga so argues and believes there to be on this issue.

jspitanga, I apologize for the tone of my earlier post. It may have come across, that I wrote the post as a direct confrontation to you, please understand that I in no way intended for it to come across in that way. I was simply stating my own feelings. We are now acutely aware of each others views on this topic. I do not join you in your feelings of indignation towards Gyalwa Rinpoche for my own reasons and you have labeled me a fundamentalist. We will leave it at that.

Maybe as Lineageholder says I am still trying to make sense of the harmful actions of the Dalai Lama, but please do not get me wrong, I do not seek to legitimize the persecution.

Matibhadra

« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2014, 08:57:31 AM »
But on the other hand, due to my own background, my own Samaya, I have not come to one of the polarised viewpoints, as jspitanga so argues and believes there to be on this issue.

Never heard about any Buddhist samaya enjoining the veneration of vow-breakers, such as the evil dalai. If anything, such veneration might characterize the rupture of a Buddhist samaya.

Also, recognizing an evildoer as such is hardly a case of ”polarizing”; rather, stubbornly sanctfying an evildoer, such as the evil dalai, would be an extreme case of disruptive polarization.

As to the ”background”, perhaps you mean the non-Buddhist blind belief in ”infallible authorities”, the sole source of every religious fanaticism and fundamentalism.

Matibhadra

« Reply #32 on: February 17, 2014, 09:16:24 AM »
I understand that Freyr is simply trying to keep a pure view of a Teacher that she may have some samaya with

This is an interesting topic. Then the question would be whether or not someone, such as the evil dalai, who defames and derides his own root gurus, qualifies as a Buddhist teacher.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
Quote from: Q link=topic=4642.m

[color=red
And yes we would never see the Karmapa bless a huge thangka of Je Tsongkhapa on one of their festivals. It's unheard of, so if this isn't a political strategy to tell the Gelugs it's okay to change tradition, then what is it really? [/color]

Ah, well Je Tsongkapa took novice vows from the 4th Karmapa.  And the 3rd Karmapa was often regarded as a Padmasambava emanation; and Trijang Rinpoche was several incarnations including Padmasambava; however, that is the pure spiritual motive of a normal person; the Dalai Lama has politics in his dharma, which is why he doesn't get along with Shugden.

Some may say maybe it is to create friendship and good ties with the Nyingmas... sure, that can be done in so many ways but to publicly make such a spectacle of things, it must means they have planned for this to be seen and heard by everyone!