Author Topic: Tenzin Sungrab-Shar Gaden- My appeal  (Read 15073 times)

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
Re: Tenzin Sungrab-Shar Gaden- My appeal
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 10:13:44 AM »
hey our hero in East Tushita

U have my prayers and support, USD 20 from my little pocket:)

wish u all the heart warming layers of love,life and devotion to your lama, yidam and our sublime protector!

om mani peme hung!

H1N1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

honeydakini

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 03:05:39 PM »
Thank you TK for starting this initiative and Thank you Tenzin Sungrab for being such an inspiration and helping all those courageous monks. I would like so much to be able to do what you're doing but right now, it is not possible for me. (Also, i don't know if women are allowed to go into the monastery to teach the way you do?)

I would like to contribute USD50 towards this fund for TS to continue his amazing work. Thank you TK and please say an extra hello to all the monks for us TS! I so wish I could be there!

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »
This is incredible! While there may not always be agreement on the subject matter of this forum, there seems to be a definite unity when it comes to wanting to help the Shar Gaden monks learn English.
You ARE helping me, but more than that you are helping Shar Gaden. You are helping to provide the monks with an education of the English language as a tool to further disseminate the Dharma.
What a wonderful feeling it is to see so many different people, many who have never met before, rally around a shared intention.

Today I shared the news with my students that many friends of Shar Gaden, from all over the world, are going to help me come back again to teach. They loved the idea of having so many unknown friends help in such a coordinated way.

For those who have pleadged assistance: I have asked a Dharma friend in America to handle the funds and purchase an airline ticket as soon as the funds are collected. Please send me a message and I will provide the details. I hope that is okay.

Once again, thank you for your kindness and encouragement.

Much love from Shar Gaden,
T.S.

Helena

• Email
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 09:24:35 PM »
I am posting the same comments that I have posted in another thread because it relates to this and what TS just said above.

When I first joined, I also got quite turned off by the disagreements in the Forum, how some members so-called "debate" with one another. So, it does come across more like bickering and children fighting in some instances, but not all. There is too much focus on the disagreements alone. Hence, it does look very discouraging to the outsider or newbie who may interested to know, or want to learn, or may seriously need something to assist him/her in deciding to support DS or not. What will this outsider or newbie think when he/she reads all of these arguments?

I am here to seek more knowledge and understanding because I do realise that I do not know enough. Not enough to stand up against the whole well crafted and established machinery that is TGIE or the well beloved credibility of HHDL.

HHDL has really built a solild credible reputation over the years. Now, he is synonymous with Buddhism. And by virtue of the fact that HHDL is the Head of State, then TGIE gains respectability and credibility in the process.

Where does that leave us? What do our voices matter when compared to the well established media platform that they have at their disposal?

Hence, I posted that new thread - Canonicity and Divine Interferences. Please read how that is written. It sounds so professional and well crafted. Any normal person would be swayed by that article and believe that DS is nothing but a low class spirit and DS supporters seem like cult followers. What makes articles like them more believable is that it has HHDL & TGIE who aided the author in his research for the article.

Hence, making HHDL and TGIE look like they have nothing to hide. They gladly help anyone in coming out with the truth.

In comparison, how do our speech and forum behaviour appear? How do our collective and individual attitude reflect on DS and our Gurus?

When I first joined, I was also taken back by how everyone appear to be fawning over TK.

I also thought that they must be friends or this is all a private club of sorts.

However, I soon learnt from all TK's posts - past and present that he (here, I am assumming and forgive me if I am wrong) has been consistent in sharing tremendous amount of info. He was always generous in posting as much as he gathers and knows.

What's more - he walks the talk - i.e. he doesn't just talk and talk - he prints brochures, donates to other causes, contributes to the Forum with more info, distributes more knowledge and brochures everywhere.

TK does not just speak of the Dharma or preach the Dharma, he practices and lives the Dharma.

In time, I see someone who has been consistent in his actions for Dharma and is really credible. This becomes the someone whom I can respect. Hence, a good credible representation of DS Supporters and Dharma Practitioners.

I'd say the same for TS - he is in Shar Gaden and teaching the monks! OMG, how wonderful and beautiful is that!

My point - simply this - HHDL and TGIE already have higher grounds and more at their disposal to crush everything we do or say. We only need to see all that is around us. They can come out with an article via an author and it looks so credible. Would we be able to pull that off? I think not.

Hence, we should spend more energy  and time on building our own credibility and reputation - individually and collectively. Leave the bickering and unethical behaviour to you know who!

We can't win the real war when we are so focussed on the internal battles.

In any case, I think people like TS and TK who do such great work should deserve more of our support. If we can help and contribute, it'd be great to do so. Put your words into actions - real beneficial actions! They are the ones which make the most difference!

Thank you all and have a wonderful day!
Helena

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2010, 11:05:23 PM »

No matter how much you contribute, you are showing your faith, beliefs and trust in Dorje Shugden by action.

I am so happy for the people who cared enough to contribute. You know who you are. In the time of need, those who contributed pulled together to help a dharma friend out no matter what your views may or may not be. United in action for a common just cause.

Wonderful warm opening of Dharma.

tk

thaimonk

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2010, 05:30:20 PM »

I guess those who want to debate, talk, share and insist, this is the time to show your sincerity by donating to Tenzin Sungrab even if he doesn't belong to your teacher and centre. Otherwise all the lam rim, debates, talking, emotions were just air.

Everyone should donate and help.

DSFriend

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2010, 08:23:21 PM »
Hi TS

I just came back from a short trip. I'd like to pledge another USD50 which are contributions from my friends.

For those who wish to argue/debate to win, why not pledge to support this cause as it'll make us all win..win the trappings of samsara.

Keep up the meaningful work you are doing.

DSFriend

iloveds

• An Uncommon Protector Who Can Not Be Silenced
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:42 PM »
I know every contribution helps so I am my wife will contribute USD30.

May you be blessed in your undertaking.

:)

thaimonk

« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:28 AM »

Dear tenzin sungrab,

I hope you are well, because you certainly sound quite well.

May I ask if you have recieved the money collected by some of the caring forum members?  :)

Helena

• Email
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2010, 01:54:11 PM »
Good question, TM!

I did not even think to ask and have forgotten all about it.

TS, can you please kindly confirm if you have received anything from us all who pledged?

Thank you.
Helena

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
Yes, I now have the needed money for my return in early January. It is really quite amazing that people who I have never met have pulled together to support me in my efforts to help these monks. Lately it seems that so many people waste so much time with slander and innuendo on other forums that it is nice to see people willing to DO something to help others for the Dharma. Very refreshing and encouraging. I may not always understand or agree with every post on this forum, but this forum has helped me since day one.

As of right now, I have less than a month before my visa expires. I have already made all of the necessary arrangements with the general secretary for my return. In fact, I am leaving many of my things here for when I come back. I am even applying for the Protected Area Permit before I leave next month to ensure that it will be ready by January. The school principal is very happy that I will be back to continue the classes. The students seem very happy as well. I have made many genuine friendships here, and I am so grateful that this is just the close of chapter 1 with much more of the story to unfold. The best is yet to come.

Thank you so much for providing me with another opportunity to come back here to continue working with these dear monks.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 10:50:49 AM by Tenzin Sungrab »

hope rainbow

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2010, 09:22:25 PM »
Go Tenzin! Go!
They need you, you need them,we need you to help them, we need them to help you, we support you, we support them, they support you, they support us...
There is no such thing as one person in need and another one that is not. We are all in ned of help, and the best way to get it is to give it.