Author Topic: The Abbot of Shar Gaden Monastery  (Read 10181 times)

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
Re: The Abbot of Shar Gaden Monastery
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 06:48:55 AM »
I have wondered whether Geshe Lobsang Phende might be called upon to renew his term in office a second time.

I spoke with Kehn Rinpoche about this. He said he will not be abbot for a second term. He said that there are now many people who would be more than able to fulfill this role. :)
He has been an incredible abbot, and most of the monks at Shar Gaden now share an additional special relationship with him; as a Root-Guru due to the many empowerments he bestowed or ordination master due to the many ordinations he conducted.
May Khen Rinpoche live long and lead us all to fields of bliss.

hope rainbow

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 08:14:57 AM »
It is inspiring to read such a story of spiritual devotion, integrity, determination, loyalty and tenacity!
Shar Gaden is like an arch of hope, in fact it is like a bridge without which the crossing would be much harder and take much longer!

Much gratitude to Khen Rinpoche, Geshe Lobsang Phende.
Thank you!

Ensapa

• Email
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 01:32:44 AM »
I have wondered whether Geshe Lobsang Phende might be called upon to renew his term in office a second time.

I spoke with Kehn Rinpoche about this. He said he will not be abbot for a second term. He said that there are now many people who would be more than able to fulfill this role. :)
He has been an incredible abbot, and most of the monks at Shar Gaden now share an additional special relationship with him; as a Root-Guru due to the many empowerments he bestowed or ordination master due to the many ordinations he conducted.
May Khen Rinpoche live long and lead us all to fields of bliss.

That sounds very encouraging, and that he has succeeded in his role as the abbot, which is to make Shar Ganden grow and that every monk be clothed and be fed so that their studies will not be affected. What is more is that he has already trained up the next generation of abbots to be responsible and to work hard like he did, and he taught and led them by example. This is something very nice  to read indeed on a monday morning! Thank you for sharing the good news with us coz in more ways than one it brings a lot of hope to the situation of the ban. May Khen Rinpoche live long and continue to teach and inspire others to grow and to spread the stainless teachings of Lord Tsongkhapa, devoid of dirty politics!