Author Topic: An order from the online shop!  (Read 10693 times)

beggar

An order from the online shop!
« on: February 13, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Hey everyone,
some good news to share. been looking around the online store and seen some great stuff there. I made a special request to find out if they had large images. They do! Only a few pieces. See the attached photo of what I have just "purchased" (lack of a better word) and will be bringing into my home. It is a 3 foot statue - very grand indeed.

I'd been thinking of setting up a special corner like a small protector chapel in my own home, and had wanted to get a large statue as the centerpiece. I don't have that much money and not too many statues, but thought that if I had to have a statue, I would have always liked it to be a large Dorje Shugden. And here it is!

(this seems to be by a special request. you can't find it directly on the front of the page. Am not sure how many statues they have left of this size, but you could always ask!)
« Last Edit: February 13, 2012, 05:01:07 PM by beggar »

Galen

• Email
Re: An order from the online shop!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »
Wow! This is a spectacular statue. It looks so majestic. Congratulations beggar for inviting the king back to your home. And your altar is very nice and modern. A fine example of how an altar can blend in into your home's modern look without looking too much like a temple.

Maybe the online people should have a section where people can enquire on special orders/statues. That could be an idea. I'm thinking out loud.

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
Oh Wow a 3ft Dorje Shugden!!! Rejoice for you beggar. It looks spectacular and I've never seen one so nice. This super cool and thanks for sharing such a beautiful image beggar and yes it would be awesome if we could order upon special request. How much was it if you don't mind me asking. What is it made from and is it fragile and difficult to ship??? Sorry I shld probably write to them directly. It would be awesome if they have painted ones too especially Dorje Shugden's face :)

pgdharma

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 06:10:14 AM »
Awesome, a 3' Dorje Shugden statue!!! What a grand statue!!! I rejoice for you and I like your idea of having a small chapel for Dorje Shugden. Yes it will be nice to have an altar set up to compliment your home deco and at the same time receive blessings and protections from Dorje Shugden for yourself and your family.

Thank you for sharing, beggar.  The on-line store people are very quick responding to your request. Very efficient!

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 09:40:28 AM »
Dear Beggar,

Thank you for sharing this wonderful picture. I am really happy for you to be able to invite this wonderful image of Dorje Shugden back to your home and look at the SIZE!

Thank you ds.com for providing a platform for offering items and statues available for deprived people like us to gain access to the incredible protector of our times.

I think over time Dharma centres all over the world will be looking onto this site for more orders of such big statues.

Makes me  think, should I get one for my own home too? Ur offerings r simple and very beautiful! I'm thinking of making the same
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

icy

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 01:36:08 PM »
I am considering to get this similar one for my protector chapel.  It is awesome I like it so much.

beggar

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 02:08:02 PM »
My next purchase will be a thangka, i hope! To hang on the walls of the chapel or perhaps behind the statue.

Do support the online store. I have not seen such finely crafted items as what is offered here. Also, they have done a lot for Dorje Shugden's practice in the world and it would be very nice to support them in this way, through the store. Makes wonderful gifts to friends, especially in places where it is hard to find Dorje Shugden items or dharma items for practice.

Klein

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
This 3ft statue for dorje shugden is spectacular! The proportion is perfect. The snow lion is so wrathful! Wow! The online shop here offers great statues. Does anyone know how much this statue costs? What is it made of? Copper, brass or something else? Do they ship to any part of the world? I'm so excited to get one for myself.

Tenzin Gyatso

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 02:07:12 AM »
No Shakyamunis this big. Why is your statue of dhogyal so big? Your main image should be Shakyamuni. Your worship of this spirit is taking centre stage and it's dangerous. That's what HHDL is warning us from the kindness and wisdom of his heart. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. Contemplate it. He is going all out to speak against Dhogyal. So what motive can he have?

Study Dzogchen and take refuge in Shakyamuni or do Vajrakilaya's practice or something we don't have a shadow of a doubt about. Namgyal Monastery has incredible Vajrakilaya ceremonies I always attend. And you guys should join in HHDL's talks and ceremonies. It's a huge blessing.

DharmaSpace

« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Tenzin Gyatso,
You may be an advanced practitioner to mix teachings and traditions together, not most of us and certainly not me. I will stick to Lama Tsongkhapa's tradition and practices as the Gelug tradition has all the necessary tools to bring me to enlightenment, and being the last tradition to emerge from Tibet, I do believe that the Gelug tradition prototype came from the synthesis of the best from Sakya, Nyingma and Kagyu is complete in itself. I don't think Dzogchen are part of Gelug teachings. And since the Gelug tradition emerged the latest from Tibet and from the Second Buddha Lama Tsongkhapa I do feel strongly it is best suited to the times.

Zach

« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:46 AM »
He's not a Gelugpa hence the attitude.  :o

vajralight

« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 01:43:49 PM »
snip...

Study Dzogchen and take refuge in Shakyamuni or do Vajrakilaya's practice or something we don't have a shadow of a doubt about. Namgyal Monastery has incredible Vajrakilaya ceremonies I always attend.

And you guys should join in HHDL's talks and ceremonies. It's a huge blessing.

We are not allowed to attend the Dalai Lama's teachings. Forbidden for Dorje Shugden practitioners.

vajra

Zach

« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:42 PM »
We dont do Nyingma Termas or practices as Tsongkhapa didnt include them so there is no point advising us to do these practices. It doesnt invalidate them by the way its rather that we'd practice just one tradition.

beggar

« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 07:13:24 PM »
No Shakyamunis this big. Why is your statue of dhogyal so big? Your main image should be Shakyamuni. Your worship of this spirit is taking centre stage and it's dangerous. That's what HHDL is warning us from the kindness and wisdom of his heart. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. Contemplate it. He is going all out to speak against Dhogyal. So what motive can he have?

Oh, I beg to differ.
There are MANY Shakyamuni and Tsongkhapa statues this big throughout the world. Have you never been to Thailand and seen the many images there?

Also, what makes you think I do not have a large image of Shakyamuni and other statues. I had said I was setting up a protector chapel, but that does not mean I don't also have other shrines for other buddha images I have the fortune to have. It is not unusual or bad in any way to have large images of Dharma Protectors or special chapels / shrines - this is very common practice for both monasteries (who have large, designated Protector chapels) and individuals.

Secondly, the Dalai Lama's tone has changed considerably. From being so exclusively against the practice, he has recently said that it is up to practitioners to make their own decision as to whether they practice. This was said only a few weeks ago during the initiations in Bodhgaya. Do see the video here: http://dorjeshugden.com/wp/?p=11479

Why does he go from issuing so many very harsh edicts against the practice and speaking so harshly, to speaking to candidly about it now? Is the Dalai Lama so fickle and inconsistent?

vajra power

• Email
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2012, 09:11:33 PM »
I tried to place an order for protector holy pills but after several attempt failed to pass through paypal. I live in NYC and was hoping whether they could make it as simple as placing order in popular site like Amazon where you don't need to go through paypal.

Congratulation for having brought Protector's Image in your home.!!:)) I have Image/ TSA TSA  of protector 
made from Dagom Rinpoche's holy remaining and I enshrine it in silver Amulet. I wanted to place that holy pill inside the Amulet.