Author Topic: Which Is The True Dalai Lama?  (Read 8628 times)

vajratruth

• Global Moderator
Which Is The True Dalai Lama?
« on: June 26, 2014, 07:30:18 AM »
Check out this video and see the stark contrast between what the Dalai Lama says to the public and what he does in private. No much more need to be said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoaoQPbTC6g

Blueupali

• Email
Re: Which Is The True Dalai Lama?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 05:47:30 AM »
That was a really remarkable video; nice way to highlight the hypocrisy:).  The Dalai Lama preaches tolerance--- but I think only other people have to be tolerant, right.  He somehow is exempt....:)

dsiluvu

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:14:55 AM »
There is NO dialogue, NO compromise, NO open mind, NO oneness and NO FREEDOM when it comes to Dorje Shugden practitioners. Yet the the truth will always remain stronger as the Dalai Lama said himself. So we are still requesting for the Dalai Lama to please practice what you preach to the world! Please have dialogue with us, please compromise, please be open minded and give religious freedom to Dorje Shugden practitioners all over the world... why is the no sense of ONENESS when it comes to Dorje Shugden people? Are we not people?

This is total Human Rights abuse at it's worst as it mask itself using a peaceful religion - Buddhsim - The Tibetan leadership is dragging it down to destruction. Perhaps this is how Buddhism gets destroyed, as predicted by Lord Buddha, by its own people?

How the Dalai Lama Is Destroying A Religion, Lie By Lie http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/the-controversy/how-the-dalai-lama-is-destroying-a-religion-lie-by-lie/  Sad indeed.

And Robert Thruman becomes another one of the CTA's puppet liar. It's amazing to witness such hypocrisy and corruption so OPENLY in the name of the world's most peaceful religion which is losing this truth each day the ban is still around and each day these culprits are allowed to remain untruthful. 

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 07:04:04 AM »
This is the perennial problem of seeing the Dalai Lama as a Buddha. People will believe what he says at face value. He can say it's snowing in summer and people will believe it. Such naiveté may be smiled at like one would at the childlike innocence of the devout, but not when it endorses and encourages violence, discrimination and discord among the very people you say you are caring for. Therein lies the hypocrisy and lies.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

Zach

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 01:32:25 PM »
Where is the real Dalai lama ? The real great compassionate one ? Ditru Lama the real Reincarnation of the 13th.

Tenzin Malgyur

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:07:31 AM »
Vajratruth, in the video, it seems like there are two personalities appearing to the me. Personally, I have the highest respect for His Holiness the Dalai Lama, but I have to carry on with the practice given by my dearest teacher. The practice of care, kindness and compassion towards all beings.
In HH's speeches, dialogues and peace are emphasized, but how is it that the opportunity for the Shugden practitioners to have a meeting with His Holiness the Dalai Lama never come about? I am very sure the Shugden practitioners could do better than to have a demonstration at every location that HH is making an appearance.
I pray the ban on DS would be lifted very soon as it is causing a lot of disharmony and disagreements to the very critical level of people bad mouthing His Holiness.

Q

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 07:18:29 AM »
Some people have been saying that the current Dalai Lama is not the real Dalai Lama. Infact some of my Tibetan friends admit that this Dalai Lama is not the Chenrezig, but he is definitely a higher enlightened being.

The issue on Reting Lama's selection is something that should be studied. Although it is known that there is the possibility that Ditru Rinpoche may be the actual Dalai Lama, and it was even stated in Diki Tsering's book that Ditru Rinpoche was one of the candidate however it was the current Dalai Lama that in the end chosen due to a simple ceremony they had to confirm the actual incarnation.

The ISC recently released a video about the Dalai Lama, it is quite informative

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xn-DEW7cBs#t=11

gbds3jewels

• Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 07:43:27 AM »
If we start questioning the authenticity of HHTDL we should also start questioning the authenticity of the other high lamas and the entire process of recognizing reincarnations of Tibetan lamas. So is it by faith in the end that one believes or by investigation and studies? Truth is most of us are too damn lazy to study anyways and our so called faith is based on what is comfortable for us to believe.

My point? Ultimately it all boils down to every individual to walk their own spiritual path which can be as opposite as black and white. HHTDL as are all other high Tibetan lamas are to you who you want to believe them to be to make your spiritual journey a meaningful and swift one. Buddha said something like if you see your guru as a normal man, then his a normal man, if you see him as a teacher, then his your teacher, if you see him as a Buddha then his a Buddha. If you choose to see the nature as your guru and Buddha, I think even the nature can lead you to enlightenment.

Is it really the individual actions and speech of HHTDL that matters the most? Maybe HHTDL has two or more faces because He needs to be many things to the many minds around Him. Does it matter? Because I think in the end, we all still just going to choose to believe or follow or do whatever we are comfortable with but in our cowardice and ignorance needed something or someone to justify ourselves.

Manisha Kudo

• Email
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2014, 07:57:01 AM »
This is a good video that highlights the contradictions between the Dalai Lama's actions and his speech. Probably reflecting how in the 21st century many people don't walk our talk. :-) Enough said.?

Shugden Library

• Followers of Dorje Shugden
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2014, 11:55:34 AM »
One would hope if the truth of the selection of the 14th Dalai Lama made it's way to the heart of the Tibetan exile community, this mindless violence in support of the false Dalai Lama would diminish.

The story of Ditru Rinpoche, the correct 14th Dalai Lama is briefly explained in: "From: A History of Modern Tibet: The calm before the storm, 1951-1955", Volume 2 By Melvyn C. Goldstein:

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 03:35:53 AM »
If we start questioning the authenticity of HHTDL we should also start questioning the authenticity of the other high lamas and the entire process of recognizing reincarnations of Tibetan lamas. So is it by faith in the end that one believes or by investigation and studies?

Actually, I think it's a great idea to be really sure that we are following someone we see as a Buddha before we really start taking him/her as a  Buddha--- questioning the validity of teachers is a good idea--- anyway the Dalai Lama has no problem questioning the validity of OTHER teachers--- like the Kagyu Karmapa (he tried to assert power over them too--- picking a different (Chinese backed) guy than the recognition that the traditional finder of Karmapa picked).
  But, look, I am not a priori believing the Dalai lama is a Buddha--- and what is faith--- there is blind faith and then there is wisdom that leads us to investigate our teachers validity like we would gold in the market--- if I tell you I have gold but I have lots of pyrite, do you believe me?  If other people mistake pyrite for gold, is it okay with you to check for yourself?  Well, just some someone wants their cousin to be a Dalai Lama or something do we have to believe them?

However, I do want to make the point that I do agree that the view of how we happen to see things is important when it comes to our teacher.  But the Buddha did say to investigate first, with wisdom, okay, so that involves using the various faculties we have and also faith.... okay.... it's not like we have to believe in Jesus or we will go to hell....

Matibhadra

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 05:46:02 AM »
HHTDL as are all other high Tibetan lamas are to you who you want to believe them to be to make your spiritual journey a meaningful and swift one.

Then if you believe that your ”high lama” is a buddha, while defining ”buddha” as any terrorist capable of inciting mass murder, mass suicide, and witch-hunts, such as the evil dalai, then you make your spiritual journey a ”meaningful and swift one”, is it?

Buddha said something like if you see your guru as a normal man, then his a normal man, if you see him as a teacher, then his your teacher, if you see him as a Buddha then his a Buddha.

And if see your guru as a Buddha, while defining a ”Buddha” as any terrorist capable of inciting mass murder, mass suicide, and witch-hunts, such as the evil dalai, then you see him as a Buddha or as a terrorist?

If you choose to see the nature as your guru and Buddha, I think even the nature can lead you to enlightenment.

And if you choose to see a terrorist as your guru, while labeling him a ”Buddha”, because to you ”terrorist” is the definition of a Buddha, where is he going to lead you?

Is it really the individual actions and speech of HHTDL that matters the most?

Of course not. Just what matters is that you see him as a ”Buddha”, which you define as any terrorist capable of inciting mass murder, mass suicide, and witch-hunts, such as the evil dalai.

Maybe HHTDL has two or more faces because He needs to be many things to the many minds around Him.

So true. He has to be the mastermind murderer to innocent Han Chinese in Lhasa, the mastermind spanker to Gen Chomze in Mundgod, the mastermind trespasser to Gaden Choling monks in Phedong, the mastermind pyromaniac arsonist to Lama Gurudeva and Dagom Rinpoche, the mastermind assaulter and stoner to Dokhang Khamtsen monks, the mastermind suicide-instigator to poor young Tibetans, the domesticated puppet to Western colonialists, the brazen liar to Western media-idiotified masses, and last but not least, the fully accomplished ”Buddha” to you, who define ”Buddha” as a terrorist capable of the aforementioned actions.

Anyway, the multi-faced schizophrenic Jekyll and Hyde character (or lack thereof) of the evil dalai has already been extensively analyzed elsewhere in this Forum.     

Does it matter?

Not to you, of course, otherwise how could you promote an evil terrorist as a ”Buddha”?

Because I think in the end, we all still just going to choose to believe or follow or do whatever we are comfortable with but in our cowardice and ignorance needed something or someone to justify ourselves.

Please do not try to extend to others what applies only to yourself, and to those like you justifying evil and terrorism with the vain discourse that the evil, terrorist dalai is ”a Buddha”.

Blueupali

• Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 08:26:21 PM »
I am actually not sure if there have been any Dalai Lamas correctly recognized since the time of the 5th.  That one wasn't an enlightened being, if we look at his murderous actions of Kagyus, falsly accusing and exiling the 10th Karmapa for most of the 10th Karmapa's adult life, and being opposed to Dorje Shugden for most of his life.  So, if they found someone for the 6th, there is no guarantee they found a Dalai Lama--- they messed up around the time of the 5th--- so who the 13th one is---- well--- look for a different succession okay--- because the 5th's actions land a person in hell--- and no-- the Kagyus weren't up to no good... that is a bunch of nonsense.... I have never been too impressed by the Dalais anyway---- if you like politics then go to the court, if you like enlightenment stay away from the Dalais....

Matibhadra

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2014, 10:00:57 PM »
I have never been too impressed by the Dalais anyway.

The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 7th Dalai Lamas (the 1st and 2nd only posthumously so named), are well known as most outstanding and exemplary Buddhist masters.

The 8th Dalai Lama was described as ”[...] a mild and contemplative person with no great interest in temporal affairs and although he lived to be 45 [44 by Western reckoning], for most of his life he was content to let a Regent conduct the administration.”

The 9th died at the early age of 9, but had a sharp intellect and about him it was said by a Western contemporary:”[his] beautiful and interesting face engrossed all my attention. He had the simple, unaffected manners of a well-educated princely child. His face was, I thought, affectingly beautiful. He was of a gay and cheerful disposition. I was extremely affected by this interview with the lama. I could have wept through strangeness of sensation.” http://www.treasuryoflives.org/biographies/view/Ninth-Dalai-Lama-Lungtok-Gyatso/4469

The 10th, 11th, and 12 Dalai Lamas, who also died at the young ages of 22, 17, and 19, were all outstanding students, teachers, and practitioners.

By the way, and talking about the 3rd Dalai Lama, a new book just became available, which is the translation of Pabongkha Rinpoche's The Essence of the Vast and Profound, which ”masterfully weaves together The Middle-Length Exposition on the Stage of the Path to Enlightenment, the Second Panchen Lama’s Swift Path, and the Third Dalai Lama’s Essence of Refined Gold into a breathtaking discourse”. http://dechenlingpress.org/product/essence-vast-profound/

vajrastorm

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2014, 06:22:03 AM »
So the Dalai Lama is either someone who displays a dual  personality, like Dr Jekyll and Mr  Hyde, or  he is to be seen as an enlightened being, Chenrezig,  showing peaceful and wrathful aspects, at various times, as and when the need arises, to benefit all beings . Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche, in "Music Delighting an Ocean of Protectors", did say that the enlightened activities of these great masters and those of this Dharmapala are each as mutually universal and pervasive as the other. "But some who are narrow-minded, not understanding this point, consider this Dharmapala to be like an ordinary worldly being and, with supposed faith in the Dalai Lama ...disparage him; or else they admire this great Dharmapala  but criticize the Dalai Lama".

We cannot read the Dalai Lama's mind. It is highly likely that, out of great compassion, he  has acted in such a contrary way, and has caused much suffering.