Author Topic: A Speech By Kyabje Denma Gonsa Rinpoche  (Read 3421 times)

DharmaSpace

A Speech By Kyabje Denma Gonsa Rinpoche
« on: December 07, 2014, 08:29:13 PM »
http://www.dorjeshugden.com/all-articles/features/a-speech-by-kyabje-denma-gonsa-rinpoche/

Like most Gelug lamas who have relied on Dorje Shugden and helped countless people through their devotion and working together with Dorje Shudgen, these lamas have no fear of going against the norm of giving up their practice and destroying their samaya with their Gurus.

one central theme CTA and anti dorje shugden likes to say is that Dorje Shugden is a demon, well if Dorje Shugden is a demon why are all the Gelug lamas reincarnating once more to spread compassion, wisdom and buddhism to the people of this time. All this nonsense about recognizing the incorrect lamas is not logical, if let say the lama is recognised improperly then can any ordinary person step into the shoes of a high lama who has had countless lifetimes of benefitting others? it is possible but unlikely.

eyesoftara

Re: A Speech By Kyabje Denma Gonsa Rinpoche
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »
The ban by the Dalai Lama and the swearing against the Protector practice force upon the Tibetan monasteries and the communities in general has at the very core constitute an act of schism in the sangha. This is one of the 5 heinous crimes. In addition, this ban force disciples to break the Guru Samaya that the most vital practice in Buddhism, especially Tibetan Buddhism, for it is only possible for a practitioner to gain any attainments with clean Guru Samaya.
What we see is that there are some Lamas who swear out of the practice and at the same time preach Guru devotion. This is contradictory for the Lama to preach his disciples devotion but at the same time the Lama break his on Samaya. by breaking his samaya, regardless of the Lama attainments, his disciples will not have any blessings even if the disciples themselves has clean samaya, because the Lama has a broken samaya. In other words, the ban has caused the lineage to be broken.
This is indeed the most damaging think that the ban and the the force implementation of it has caused.

kelly

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 08:18:37 AM »
To brand the DS as a demon is very wrong because all the high lama who practice his practice will be wrong for instance Trijang Rinpoche who are highly attain million of follower around the world who follow his holiness teaching how can all these people wrong if only a few people then we can have doubt but millions of people cannot be wrong, so i think the CTA is not admit their wrong and continue to accuse the teaching and create more suffering for the practitioner especially the tibetan .

vajrastorm

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 09:18:18 AM »
"In his speech, Denma Gonsa Rinpoche also tells his students that they should maintain guru devotion even at the cost of their lives, meaning to say that they should never go against their gurus nor abandon the practices that their gurus have given them, for to do so is tantamount to breaking samaya with their gurus".

These powerful and meaningful words of Kyabe Denma Gonsa Rinpoche, say unequivocally that a student cannot go against their teacher by abandoning  a practice that the teacher has given them. For doing so is tantamount to breaking samaya with one's Guru. The heavy karmic consequences of this transgression are not just experienced in one lifetime, but are repeated over several or many lifetimes. As the 'Fifty Stanzas of Guru Devotion' (written by Ashvaghosha in the first century BC)states very clearly, it's nothing less than the Hell of Uninterrupted Pain(Avici)!

Hence, no one, not even my Guru's Guru,if he were still around, can tell me that the practice that my Guru has given me is  wrong, my teacher is wrong, and so on. By asking me to go against my guru, he is asking me to go against my lineage,my guru's students and asking to turn my back on my goal of Enlightenment.

How can I forsake my Guru? How can I forsake my practice? How can I forsake my lineage? How can I forsake my goal?

rossoneri

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 07:56:45 AM »
As a person, one should never never be not loyal to your friends and families. This is a very important quality everyone should have as in life we are bound to make mistakes and at times we will easily get distracted and have wrong judgement due us lacking of experience to handle certain situation but with this guideline of being honest and have integrity we should be fine.

What else more need to be said, as being loyal and have integrity, devotion to the one particular person who leads you the way out of the tunnel. Wouldn't we as His student should have faith and trust in Him?

lotus1

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 10:07:46 AM »
The highly accomplished Denma Gonsa Rinpoche received his teachings including Dorje Shugden’s sogtae (life-entrustment) from Kyabje Trijang Rinpoche and Kyabje Dragri Dorje Chang. His steadfastness to the practices and devotions to his teachings is unbeatable and a great example for all of us to follow.

It is with that thought in mind that Denma Gonsa Rinpoche advises his listeners to see him as their lama and receive teachings which will benefit them, and cautions them that if they view him in a negative light (for instance, as a ghost), there will be nothing he can do for them and their wrong view may hurt them.

Thank you Denma Gonsa Rinpoche for the advice. I will always remember it and keep my Guru and Protector teaching to heart.