Author Topic: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!  (Read 15653 times)

LosangKhyentse

• WORLD PEACE PROTECTOR DORJE SHUGDEN
The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!
« on: August 09, 2010, 10:17:01 PM »

My beautiful and holy statue of King Dorje Shugden just arrived around 20 minutes ago. The King is 3 feet in height and what I have been looking for. Offerings have been made to welcome Him and I wanted to share this with everyone.

tk

Zach

Re: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:20:02 PM »
Oh so very beautiful tk are you going to start work on the painting ?
Oh by the way where do you get them from ?  :)

DharmaDefender

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:28:04 PM »
Wow tk, nice statue! Thank you for sharing another holy image of our Protector with us...I like the imprints it creates in my mind. Hmmm Zach, you think it should be painted? I quite like it like this, his eyes really stand out this way. Makes me feel like he REALLY can look into the three times, past, present and future.

harrynephew

• Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:35:08 PM »
Wow TK!

this statue is amazing and huge! U must have really beautiful altar and offerings to Dorje Shugden!

How I wish that in future on every altar is a holy image of Dorje Shugden!

H1n1
Harry Nephew

Love Shugden, Love all Lamas, Heal the World!

Zach

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:39:37 PM »
Wow tk, nice statue! Thank you for sharing another holy image of our Protector with us...I like the imprints it creates in my mind. Hmmm Zach, you think it should be painted? I quite like it like this, his eyes really stand out this way. Makes me feel like he REALLY can look into the three times, past, present and future.

Yeah my personal preferance is in colour  :)
It makes them seem more alive that way of course this one is very eye catching id love to know where these ones are made.  :D

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:03:31 PM »
Absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing this picture, TK. May i post it on my facebook?

I love it! I've never seen a statue with the eyes on the body - where Tulku Drakpa Gyeltsen was stabbed by his opponents...

I rejoice for TK and I truly pray that one day I'll have a 3' statue of our great Protector too.
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

pgdharma

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:06:10 AM »
Wow a 3' Dorje shugdan!!!! It's so beautiful and it's so alive!!!! Absolutely stunning!!!!

I rejoice for you, TK, to have such a big statue of the Protector. May I have enough merits to invite one home soon!!!

Helena

• Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 07:29:11 AM »
Wow, I have not seen this particular form before...are they really eyes that appeared on the spots that TDG was stabbed? Incredible!

Thank you for sharing these pics, TK.
Helena

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »
Goodness.

I really don't know how to properly describe how I feel when I see the photos.

It's so powerful.

I love the way it makes me feel when I see the photo. It's odd though, I frown looking at it. I can imagine him moving like he's really there, and not being just a stationary statue.

This statue is really incredible. I suggest that you should keep the finishing that way, it makes the individual parts of the statue really stand out.

Like WisdomBeing, I'd like to post it on my Facebook account. Is that alright with you?

Losang_Tenpa

• Email
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
Very stunning and powerful! Thanks for sharing it with us.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2010, 12:38:12 PM »
Wow, I have not seen this particular form before...are they really eyes that appeared on the spots that TDG was stabbed? Incredible!

Thank you for sharing these pics, TK.

Hi Helena,

Yes, when the Fifth Dalai Lama's attendants (without his knowledge) went to murder Tulku Drakpa Gyaltsen, they first tried to do it by poisoning him. However, due to his attainments, he was able to dispel the poison from his body. So they tried to stab him but eyes appeared where they attempted to stab him.

Finally, out of his compassion (and in keeping his promise to Nechung to become a Protector!), he told them how to kill him - to stuff a khata down his throat and strangle him. It was during the final moments of his death that some anger arose in him, thus allowing him to become a Protector.

Mohani

• duldzin
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2010, 01:21:38 PM »
Finally, out of his compassion (and in keeping his promise to Nechung to become a Protector!), he told them how to kill him - to stuff a khata down his throat and strangle him. It was during the final moments of his death that some anger arose in him, thus allowing him to become a Protector.

Hi DD
I don't think it is correct to say Anger arose, as anger is a delusion, and a very gross delusion at that, just being a desire realm delusion. I think it would be correct to say Wrath.

DharmaDefender

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 01:54:49 PM »

Hi DD
I don't think it is correct to say Anger arose, as anger is a delusion, and a very gross delusion at that, just being a desire realm delusion. I think it would be correct to say Wrath.

Thanks for the correction Mohani, yes you're right as it would be impossible to arise as an enlightened uncommon Protector from a delusion.

DSFriend

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2010, 02:03:28 PM »
Beautiful! I love statues in antique tones.

icy

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 02:35:07 PM »
Wow! The statues are really so stunningly and inspiring.