Author Topic: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!  (Read 15654 times)

Mana

Re: The King Arrived 20 minutes ago!
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »

Dear Tk,

It is indeed wonderful to see the amount of devotion you have for our enlightened Dorje Shugden who arose in a ferocious wrathful manner with the strength of 10 million Dharma protectors. Thank you for sharing your intimate private images/shrines with all of us. 

Mana

Ratna Shugden

• Email
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 02:36:20 PM »
It's a very awesome statue TK! I am really happy for you.

However I thought you meant the Real Dorje Shugden has revealed Himself when I read this heading, then I discover otherwise :'(

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 02:43:15 PM »

However I thought you meant the Real Dorje Shugden has revealed Himself when I read this heading, then I discover otherwise :'(

Ratnashugden...

Actually i thought the same when i saw the thread title.. but didn't voice it hahaha.... but it was just as lovely to see the beautiful statue! Isn't it just awesome though!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

DharmaDefender

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 05:43:34 PM »

That never occurred to me! Ha, how do you think he's going to do it when it happens?

Wait, let me go and find my snow lion...

;)

Big Uncle

« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
Thank you for the beautiful picture of the 3ft Dorje Shugden. It is really neat to have such a huge statue and what an amazing cause for Dorje Shugden's lineage to prevail. I think how we can really hear Dorje Shugden's real proclamations is to have real and genuine Guru Samaya. Maintaining Samaya is not at the expense of putting someone's Lama or practice down. That is what I believe and that is why I really like this website very much. It gives a broader perspective than all the other Dorje Shugden's websites out there. I am truly grateful for this.

Big Uncle

Robert Thomas

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 09:24:26 PM »
Some more beautifl images of Dorje Shugden statues prepared under the guidance of ven Geshe Kelang Gyatso in England last year:

http://gallery.kadampa.org/Buddhist-Art/Statues/Dorje-Shugden/9065345_cVAse#602214807_DXS8S

WisdomBeing

• Add me to your facebook!
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:45 AM »
Some more beautifl images of Dorje Shugden statues prepared under the guidance of ven Geshe Kelang Gyatso in England last year:

http://gallery.kadampa.org/Buddhist-Art/Statues/Dorje-Shugden/9065345_cVAse#602214807_DXS8S

Dear Robert

Thanks for the link.. they are so beautiful. I'm not normally fond of the brightly painted ones (yes i'm still so selective - me bad) but these i find very beautiful. I guess the features and style of the statues are more tailored for the western audience as Geshe Kelsang Gyatso so kindly takes into consideration for us. Love it!

Thanks!
Kate Walker - a wannabe wisdom Being

kurava

• Email
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2010, 09:17:05 AM »
Thank you for sharing, TK.

This is the first time I see this form. I like the antique tone very much.

Thanks to DD for the information on the eyes. Yes, only a highly attained being can transform stab wounds into eyes of wisdom !

Hope statues of this form will be readily available to many DS practitioners as it reminds us the great compassion and deep commitment DS has for sincere dharma practitioners.

jessicajameson

• Email
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2010, 09:24:11 AM »
@Robert Thomas Thanks for sharing the link! Like WisdomBeing I'm not too fond of brightly coloured statues either, but these ones are gorgeous! They colours really compliment the statue, it's almost easier to relate to as it looks more...dare I say, human. It's not as harsh or fierce-looking as most DS statues. Beautiful  :)

Thanks for sharing it! :)

honeydakini

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2010, 09:36:09 AM »
Thanks for sharing the wonderful news TK - what an unusual statue! I've not heard of people keeping such large statues... well it's not that common around here anyway, so it's nice to see it being done around the world. I had thought it was mostly dharma centres or temples that would have such large statues. It's interesting to consider having such large images in our homes too.... now there's a thought!

How does one get such a large statue though? I mean, short of travelling out to Nepal and shipping it all the way back here? (and I think the statues in Nepal can be quite expensive... and I'm not very confident about having things shipped back from there!)

Perhaps that is something we can look into - crafting our own statues wherever we are and making them available to people in our own countries! does anyone have any tips for this?

honeydakini

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2010, 09:38:54 AM »
Oh and I DO SO like the images from NKT statues, not just their DS images but also all the other images in their centres. I understand they make their own statues instead of bringing them in?

I like how "human" and relatable they look. And I do like all the colour! It makes the images look very magical. It is interesting how Geshe-la has tailored the statues to be more suitable to his western students, like Kate said. It certainly appeals to me!

triesa

« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2010, 02:48:44 PM »
Finally I have a clearer look at the statue. I love the antique finish and the human resemblance of the statue. It is dissipating a mystical energy. The snow lion also looks fierce and in full action. At a glance,the whole aura and energy of this main form of Dorje Shugden is like the Dharma King is in full and swift action to help practitioners to clear their obstacles and delusions.

I wish I could invite a big size Dorje Shugden like this back home one day. I would place the king in a special room and make extensive offerings everyday. It is so meritorious!

Thank you |TK for sharing your beautiful DS statue. You make many of us jealous ;)

shugdenprotect

• Email
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2010, 03:53:11 PM »
Thank you, tk, for sharing such a beautiful image with us.

Reflecting on the size, this Dorje Shugden image would make a perfect Yidam image in the centre of a home altar!

Also thanks for Robert for sharing Dorje Shugden images prepared by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. It is amazing how kind the Dharma masters are to adapt Buddha images according to our perceptions. This adaptation of form also shows that Buddha and Dharma can take on various appearances to prompt our spiritual growth. There was an incident where Maitreya Buddha took on the form of a maggot-infested dog to ignite the practice of compassion.

This brings to mind the commentary on one of the 8 verses of mind transformation (in Eight Steps to Happiness by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso):

Whenever I associate with others,
May I view myself as the lowest of all;
And with perfect intention,
May I cherish others as supreme.

With the thought that Buddha can take on any form to cause progress in our Dharma practice, we should be even more encouraged to practice this verse and treat all sentient beings as supreme beings who gives us the opportunity to practice compassion, wisdom and skillful means.

triesa

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »
Thank you, tk, for sharing such a beautiful image with us.

Reflecting on the size, this Dorje Shugden image would make a perfect Yidam image in the centre of a home altar!

Also thanks for Robert for sharing Dorje Shugden images prepared by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. It is amazing how kind the Dharma masters are to adapt Buddha images according to our perceptions. This adaptation of form also shows that Buddha and Dharma can take on various appearances to prompt our spiritual growth. There was an incident where Maitreya Buddha took on the form of a maggot-infested dog to ignite the practice of compassion.

This brings to mind the commentary on one of the 8 verses of mind transformation (in Eight Steps to Happiness by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso):

Whenever I associate with others,
May I view myself as the lowest of all;
And with perfect intention,
May I cherish others as supreme.

With the thought that Buddha can take on any form to cause progress in our Dharma practice, we should be even more encouraged to practice this verse and treat all sentient beings as supreme beings who gives us the opportunity to practice compassion, wisdom and skillful means.

I agree with you Shugdenprotect. Buddha manifest in many different forms and ways to cause progress in our Dharma practice. Infact, every moment and situation in life can be a Dharma practice if we think deeply. I also particularly love the 8 versus of mind transformation, these versus are a great reminder to all of us and I really aspire to be able to practice them flawlessly one day.

thor

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:24 PM »
I agree with Mohani, the full colour version would be stunning! Having this massive statue on my teeny altar would be almost as if the King himself had emanated onto my altar  :)

I particularly like the eyes on his arms, which I have only ever seen in very wrathful thangkas of him. These are quite rare, and he is depicted dark red in colour, with eyes on his arms and hair and beard almost ablaze with fire. I vaguely recall that this extra wrathful form of Shugden is supposed to manifest at a time in the future where times are even more degenerate than today. Can anyone verify this?